Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3943184 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2: Can't talk to girls.
« Reply #1890 on: May 01, 2012, 12:40:00 am »

Mason turns on ALL of his light amps, blinding illuminating the living fu- the hall.

"Crew, I'm back at the temple. Anyone joining me? I'd rather not fight Space-Cthulhu on Acid by myself."

You activate your light amps on full and succeed on blinding yourself for several seconds.

((Light amplifiers are basically like night vision, they don't produce light, they just amplify the light you have to let you see better. The first team made a lot of use of them during the first mission.))

>Jim, Milno, Thomas, Faith, Elizas, Mesk
You gather together and head back to the temple. Milno pauses for a moment to hand a blinded Mason a nearly empty  laser rifle before the group makes their way down the east hallway. The group activate their light amplifiers on a low setting and continue down the hall into the darkness until the reach about the half way point. Then the world seems to shake and something echos through the darkened halls.
HALLELUJAH

HALLELUJAH

HALLELUJAH

And then the wall explodes. [Jim dex roll:4+1] Jim ducks as a great white arm cuts through the dust of the exploded wall, attempting to grab him. [Milno dex roll:3] An alabaster foot arcs through the dust and catches milno in the knee; an instant later the Kinetic Amplifier built into that foot activates and sheers his right leg off at the knee. Milno's suit instantly clamps down on the stump with one of it's many razor sharp irises, cuts the wound clean and cauterizes it as pain killers and anti-shock meds are pumped directly into him. And then Erik rises from the settling dust [thomas dex:2] and catches Thomas by the throat. His synthflesh jaw drops open and the hall rings with a multi-tonal scream.

HALLELUJAH

[Thomas will: 4] Thomas's body shakes and spasms but he recovers a moment later.
[Faith will:5-1] Faith tries to cover her ears, shrinking back in pain, but shakes it off.
Elizas shudders and collapses to the ground, writhing in pain. [-2 to next roll]
[Milno will:6] You feel pain and fear begging to fill your mind, so you do the only thing you can think of. You bash your faceplate against the wall. [end:5] You smile a bit as blood drips down your forehead. Now things are getting interesting.
[Jim will:5] You don't even notice the scream.
[Mesk will:4] You twitch a bit and your head aches but you manage to withstand whatever that was.

(I'll just take this moment to remind everyone that when you start shooting in close proximity to teammates there's a chance of friendly fire if you get unlucky. You have been warned. Have fun~)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: May 01, 2012, 12:46:56 am »

Jim reacted the way he was taught in the tank: by activating his amp and focusing it on his opponent. Specifically he was trying to melt his legs, to prevent him from moving.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: May 01, 2012, 12:58:57 am »

((Hey, isn't that two mechanical limbs for milno?))

Thomas attempts to state "Oh god, it's choking me", but the fist closed around his neck, choking him makes that difficult. Instead, he fires his rifle at Ivan's shouler, full power.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: May 01, 2012, 01:06:35 am »

"Oh... shit.  Milno, can you move?"
Drag Milno a safe distance away if I'm clear enough.  Generally stay alive.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: May 01, 2012, 01:35:00 am »

Mason activates his kinetic amp and focuses his psych-amp at boring a hole into the creature's chest while its busy trying to choke the life out of Thomas. Should that fail, Mason will retreat to medium-range in order to best take advantage of his psych-amp.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: May 01, 2012, 04:16:01 am »

Thomas attempts to state "Oh god, it's choking me", but the fist closed around his neck, choking him makes that difficult. Instead, he fires his rifle at Ivan's shouler, full power.
((I'd recommend going for Erik instead, but, you know, your action. :P))

"He can hover, he's fine!" Faith shouted at Mesk. "Just get clear or get cracking!"

Retreat a few meters. Attempt to figure out anything I can about this new threat.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: May 01, 2012, 06:11:09 am »

"...No, I am dead."

Milno uses his rockets to leap back and retreat a few meters to a diagonal position to avoid being hit by friendly fire. He makes sure (or as sure as possible) he won't hit Thomas from this angle and aims his gauss rifle at Erik's head (still at short range), shooting, of course.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 07:17:15 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: May 01, 2012, 06:57:53 am »

Flop around on the ground. If anything touches me, unleash the Microwave Amplifier on it at point blank.

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: May 01, 2012, 07:01:42 am »

Flop around on the ground. If anything touches me, unleash the Microwave Amplifier on it at point blank.
((Anything also means teammates.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: May 01, 2012, 07:02:34 am »

((Anything also means teammates.))
((You forgot the ground under you. Also, yourself touching you.))

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: May 01, 2012, 10:55:46 am »

((So, am i like. . . . Dead Dead?))
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: May 01, 2012, 11:40:38 am »

"Ah... right, forgot about your rocket boosters... still, it doesn't hurt to ask when you've, you know, LOST A LEG."
Try to edge behind Erik when it's safe.  If it doesn't notice me, cutting torch to the back of the neck.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: May 01, 2012, 12:02:57 pm »

Milno watches the medic with a mischievous smile behind his faceplate.
"Hey, I forgot to warn you, but if you die that artifact will be mine. If you get a robot body I'll still give it to you, though."

((You are mission dead. Steve can still put you into a cyborg body after and when we finish the mission.))
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 12:49:54 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1903 on: May 01, 2012, 01:13:29 pm »

Nope, well, not yet at least. One of the first things Mesk did was take what was left of you and dump you in a stasis pod. You'll get back to the ship where they'll try to revive you, assuming these yahoos can manage to get out of here as well.

Jim reacted the way he was taught in the tank: by activating his amp and focusing it on his opponent. Specifically he was trying to melt his legs, to prevent him from moving.
((Hey, isn't that two mechanical limbs for milno?))

[Exotic:2+1+1] You react in the way you were programmed, your vision and your mind instantly focusing in on your target, your amp activating as you will his legs to burn. The synthetic flesh begins to smoke under your attack and you focus on heating it faster and harder. You can feel the amp spreading deeper and your body locks up and jerks erratically as you work. And then Erik's head swivels toward you and in an instant Thomas is flying at you. [Dex:1] You're too preoccupied with what you're doing to even notice the fleshy projectile till it has slammed into you. [strength:2] You catch the man on the chest and both of you fly back a few feet and tangle together as you land.

((I'd recommend going for Erik instead, but, you know, your action. :P))

"He can hover, he's fine!" Faith shouted at Mesk. "Just get clear or get cracking!"

Retreat a few meters. Attempt to figure out anything I can about this new threat.
You shove your way out of the melee and run back a few meters, trying to figure out what you could do. [int:6] You get the distinct feeling that you might be able to negotiate with the 7 foot tall killer cyborg. You're busy thinking about this when something impacts your helmet and sends your head bouncing around inside it.[End 3-1] You collapse backwards dazed and in pain. [-2 next roll]

"...No, I am dead."

Milno uses his rockets to leap back and retreat a few meters to a diagonal position to avoid being hit by friendly fire. He makes sure (or as sure as possible) he won't hit Thomas from this angle and aims his gauss rifle at Erik's head (still at short range), shooting, of course.
You hurl yourself backwards using your rockets, covering a few meters till you're away from the group, and then bring up your rifle and aim straight at Erik's head. [Con wep:6] You line the target up with the ridicule, breathe out, hold it and then fire. The shot impacts his left temple and explodes out his right, continuing on down the corridor and directly into Faith. The shot clips off her helmet [End:3-1] And she's knocked flat on her back. Erik, despite having quite a large hole in his head, doesn't slow down.

You flop about like a fish out of water, but the impending pain you're expecting never comes. You feel the pain and shock of whatever just happened beginning to fade. [-1 rather then -2 to next roll]

"Ah... right, forgot about your rocket boosters... still, it doesn't hurt to ask when you've, you know, LOST A LEG."
Try to edge behind Erik when it's safe.  If it doesn't notice me, cutting torch to the back of the neck.
You do your best to edge close to the giant as he hurls Thomas across the room into Jim, and as a bullet tears through his head and splatters you in white goo, but as you bring your cutting torch around to burn him, he turns around. [Dex:6] You jump and dodge backwards as he swings a blow down at you. You escape his attack but end up running directly into The wall before falling to the ground. You roll over just in time to see Erik bring his heel down toward you. You scramble away and just barely avoid it.

>Erik

Erik brings his leg up and then down, dropping his heel directly at Mesk. [Mesk Dex:5][Erik dex:3] Mesk half rolls, half flings himself away, avoiding the blow completely as Erik's heel impacts the floor and blows away a crater in the solid rock, filling the air with dust again. And then he's off in the other direction, hurling himself toward Milno, Thomas, and Jim.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 03:27:35 pm by piecewise »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: May 01, 2012, 01:41:07 pm »

"Now that's just rude.  Back to Plan A, then."
Back to dragging unconscious bodies away from the fight.
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 1256