Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3943926 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2: Can't talk to girls.
« Reply #1860 on: April 30, 2012, 06:52:21 pm »

((Here, it was actually in the same post in which Jim set the garden on fire.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1861 on: April 30, 2012, 06:53:28 pm »

((Woops. didn't realize anyone was still in the sleepy zone. Also, being a medic doesn't make me impervious to sleep-mode. I'd have been screwed if I tried to drag anyone out.))

Mason wonders if he can figure out a way to illuminate the hall, searching for a light switch, torch, flare, or anything of use.

((Can my amp-beam heat-thing create visible-spectrum light? Or is my heatwave purely infrared?))
You could always just activate either the head lamps on your suit or the light amplification systems in the faceplate.
Buzz. And be cautious.
You fly out into the trees and after a few minutes of searching find the artifact. You pick it up and look for some way to deactivate it. Whatever it is, it doesn't have any buttons on it, just a port to plug something in. Now that you think about it, even with this held in your hand you don't feel sleepy. Strange.

Help Milno.
Um,  help him how? Back massage? Pep talk? Shine is claws? A little more specific please.

Figure out what's going on.
You are laying on your back outside of the clearing. You don't feel tired anymore. You sit up and see milno mucking about a while away and Thomas, Jim, Mesk, and Faith are all sitting next to you.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 07:04:14 pm by piecewise »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: April 30, 2012, 06:56:03 pm »

(So it's something on the ground making us tired, then...)

Jim crouches at the edge of the 'sleep-zone' and investigates the ground, trying to find a difference from where it goes from safe to hazardous.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: April 30, 2012, 06:57:12 pm »

Milno platepalms.
"Well, what if it is the ground itself?"

Milno goes back to the clearing (buzzing) and touches the ground, testing it for the drowsiness effect. If it assails him, he leaps back to his companions.

((SeriousConcentrate just ninja'ed my theory.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: April 30, 2012, 06:58:56 pm »

(I thought it was when PW kept insisting there was a difference between flying and walking there, but I wasn't sure until the last turn. ^^^)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: April 30, 2012, 07:05:03 pm »

(I thought it was when PW kept insisting there was a difference between flying and walking there, but I wasn't sure until the last turn. ^^^)
((Yeah, I also started to suspect since his first questioning.
Do you want to step in or use buzz mode to hover in?
The artifact is now proven not to do anything with it, so it must be the ground. Or the GM is trolling us, which is also as likely.))
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1866 on: April 30, 2012, 07:09:27 pm »

(So it's something on the ground making us tired, then...)

Jim crouches at the edge of the 'sleep-zone' and investigates the ground, trying to find a difference from where it goes from safe to hazardous.
Milno platepalms.
"Well, what if it is the ground itself?"

Milno goes back to the clearing (buzzing) and touches the ground, testing it for the drowsiness effect. If it assails him, he leaps back to his companions.

((SeriousConcentrate just ninja'ed my theory.))
Both Milno and Jim take a few minutes to poke around at the ground, using the effect of becoming tired to gauge where the effect begins. Together they work out that the effect seems only to happen in the treeless area created by the statues.

((Yeah, I also started to suspect since his first questioning.
Do you want to step in or use buzz mode to hover in?
The artifact is now proven not to do anything with it, so it must be the ground. Or the GM is trolling us, which is also as likely.))
Tis the problem with asking for clarification. Asking reveals an importance, not asking could cause bad things through not being clear. Oh well, you'd have figured it out eventually, or at least stopped jumping in there :P.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: April 30, 2012, 07:12:44 pm »

"Looks like you don't need help actually."Thomas goes and helps those who are still sleeping.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: April 30, 2012, 07:24:03 pm »

"Ok, now that that mystery is figured out, somebody shoot one of the statues.  Once we've finished here I say we go investigate the hallway and the other door."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: April 30, 2012, 07:27:26 pm »

Milno hands the artifact to Mesk if he is awake.
"Here, you can have your happy time with it now."

Before leaving, he loots Juno's body (aside from the blood), taking the laser rifle and the monoatomic razor. He throws the rifle and the razor to Mason.
"Keep them for now, I am already carrying too much. You just need to give me them back when I return your laser rifle."

Milno buzzes to the statues and examines them. Before giving Mason the razor, he cuts a piece of the statues if he obtained enough understanding about them (and they happen not to be dangerous). He also takes a piece of the black stone.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 07:30:02 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: April 30, 2012, 07:45:50 pm »

((Can Elisaz have June's body?))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1871 on: April 30, 2012, 07:53:25 pm »

Since this is clearly not as obvious as it should be I'll just state it now in nice big letters so no one can miss it:

NO ONE IS IN THE CLEARING ANYMORE. EVERYONE (except Ivan) IS AWAKE.

EVERYONE EXCEPT MASON ARE ALL BASICALLY SITTING AROUND RIGHT OUTSIDE THE CLEARING. MASON IS ALLLL THE WAY BACK AT THE TEMPLE. 

All this was already stated at one point or another across several posts with milno rescuing the last people (jim, Elizas and faith) in the clearing, the only two people to fall asleep (Jim and faith) waking up and Mason wandering away and now staring at a dark tunnel.

"Looks like you don't need help actually."Thomas goes and helps those who are still sleeping.
Since no one is asleep you twiddle your thumbs like a mad man.

Milno hands the artifact to Mesk if he is awake.
"Here, you can have your happy time with it now."

Before leaving, he loots Juno's body (aside from the blood), taking the laser rifle and the monoatomic razor. He throws the rifle and the razor to Mason.
"Keep them for now, I am already carrying too much. You just need to give me them back when I return your laser rifle."

Milno buzzes to the statues and examines them. Before giving Mason the razor, he cuts a piece of the statues if he obtained enough understanding about them (and they happen not to be dangerous). He also takes a piece of the black stone.
You hand the artifact to mesk who is quite awake, along with everyone else, and then fly out to June's body, loot her rifle and razor and then give yourself another good smearing of blood just to make sure. You attempt to throw the Razor and Rifle to Mason, but since mason is actually at the temple the weapons just clatter to the ground outside the clearing.

Feeling a bit foolish you buzz over and grab the razor before flying over to the nearest statue to look at it. It looks fairly ordinary, just another statue made of some sort of white stone. [Intuition 6] You get the feeling it's not dangerous, in fact it might be your gravelly savior! You show your reverance by lopping a bit of it off, as well as a bit of the black stone memorial.

((Can Elisaz have June's body?))
If you can get it you can keep it.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 07:59:43 pm by piecewise »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: April 30, 2012, 08:00:17 pm »

(( It's still in the drowsy zone isn't it? We're in dire need of a map.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: April 30, 2012, 08:06:24 pm »

(( It's still in the drowsy zone isn't it? We're in dire need of a map.))
((Yep, it is. And I am not rescuing him if he tries to. I have to admit you are a very smart person, TCM. Well-played...Yes...))

Milno gets Juno's laser rifle and leaves the garden with the rest of the group in tow, heading towards the main hall and cautiously entering the same passage Jim had previously examined. In his way he throws the used (read almost empty) laser rifle to Mason and tells him to keep it for now.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 08:19:34 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: April 30, 2012, 08:10:14 pm »

"Well folks, do we have a plan?"Thomas says, bored that he, being just a man can't do anything. He also looks around, making sure noone is attacking them.
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 1256