Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3943392 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2: Can't talk to girls.
« Reply #1785 on: April 29, 2012, 06:51:02 pm »

Yes and a rocket powered tackle would actually be an aux roll to see if you could fly right and a dex roll to see if you could manage the tackle. So no, not this time.
((Then I guess Juno [corrected] is getting shredded by a hypersonic slug unless someone else has a better idea. Kind of sad, really.

Not.))
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 07:33:40 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: April 29, 2012, 06:55:59 pm »

"Well, theory proved: it's affecting me, even though I have no muscles to fatigue.. so it must be affecting the brain directly. And I'm killing that traitorous bitch." Jim stepped back out of the exhaustion zone, then used his amplifier to attempt to boil June inside her suit.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: April 29, 2012, 06:58:03 pm »

Yes and a rocket powered tackle would actually be an aux roll to see if you could fly right and a dex roll to see if you could manage the tackle. So no, not this time.
((Then I guess June is getting shredded by a hypersonic slug unless someone else has a better idea. Kind of sad, really.

Not.))
((Well, you could always not shoot to kill. Less certain about Milno, mind you. :P))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: April 29, 2012, 07:03:52 pm »

(( Whoever saves Elisaz gets his lions.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: April 29, 2012, 07:07:46 pm »

(Ok, nobody save Elisaz.)

Mesk gives up on figuring out the device and turns around to his teammates, only to see June about to attack Faith.
"Anyone want a shot at figuring this out?  Oh, shit!  June, fight off whatever hallucinations you're hallucinating!"
Try for a non-lethal takedown and capture.

(Out of character, though, I think "June" is a hallucination or other form of trap, designed to work in conjunction with the sleepiness.  Also I think the black memorial stone has something to do with the statues, and we're possibly inside a time warp or something.  Also also, I have no working theories on the device I found, but if nobody else figures it out I'm keeping it and redeeming it.)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 07:11:10 pm by Remalle »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: April 29, 2012, 07:10:54 pm »

((Well. Faith is about to be killed and I could try to kill Juno (because I doubt there is such a thing as "not aiming to kill" with a gauss rifle) or try something to spare Juno but risk a chance of Faith dying.

Tough choice. It is a signal your character is less likeable than a NPC we just met.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: April 29, 2012, 07:32:28 pm »

Thomas stands up, looks around hazily and says"Are we all that made it out?"to Milno and Jim.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: April 29, 2012, 07:37:04 pm »

(the device I found)
((I think the device may be the actual culprit of the sleepiness.))

Milno sighs.
"Bad, bad girl."

If Jim does not fry Juno, then rip her hand/forearm off with a gauss shot and use the buzz mode to close in quickly and knock her out (only if she is down or weakened enough, otherwise just stay in the safe zone and shoot until she is properly meek or in pieces) while being as gentle as an enraged rhino in the process (without tackling, I don't need those two rolls). Anyways, get the thing Mesk is holding onto and throw it away from the garden and towards the outside of the temple before getting drowsy. Use the motion tracker or common vision to estimate where the thing will land.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 07:58:07 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: April 29, 2012, 07:51:04 pm »

Elizas's consciousness may have been faltering, but as a man of philosophy and wisdom, he could count on his mind for backup.
Have the Subconcious Mind take over Elizas's body.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: April 29, 2012, 07:56:18 pm »

((I think Juno is the mofo who killed those two guys. We just did not check the bodies and any indication of her guilt.))
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1795 on: April 29, 2012, 09:09:45 pm »

"Well, theory proved: it's affecting me, even though I have no muscles to fatigue.. so it must be affecting the brain directly. And I'm killing that traitorous bitch." Jim stepped back out of the exhaustion zone, then used his amplifier to attempt to boil June inside her suit.
You attempt to activate your amp but your mind is growing foggy and it's difficult to focus [-2]. You reach out as best you can and feel it activate as you mentally designate the area of effect. [Exotic wep:1+1+1-2] You feel the amp begin to reach out and expand, overriding your neural tissue as it does. And then you feel something different: a surge of pain, a wave of burning sensations, the feeling that your brain is being boiled inside your metal braincase. With the last vestiges of your consciousness you realize whats happening. Feedback.

The grass around jim bursts into flame as he staggers about, clutching his chest in pain, a sphere of heat expanding around him, slowly growing. Gashes of superheated and fused earth are torn all around him as the amp lashing out randomly. One of those superheated blows strikes Mesk [end:6-1] and throws him several feet. Luckily for him his suit insulates him and the blow actually pushed him closer to the exit. The sphere of heat around Jim bursts suddenly outward, igniting everything around him, transforming the garden into a firestorm.

[End:2]Jim stands alone on a circle of blackened earth as the amp shuts down. Everything is still for an instant before he falls backward and lands in a puff of ash.

(Jim is unconscious.)

(Ok, nobody save Elisaz.)

Mesk gives up on figuring out the device and turns around to his teammates, only to see June about to attack Faith.
"Anyone want a shot at figuring this out?  Oh, shit!  June, fight off whatever hallucinations you're hallucinating!"
Try for a non-lethal takedown and capture.

(Out of character, though, I think "June" is a hallucination or other form of trap, designed to work in conjunction with the sleepiness.  Also I think the black memorial stone has something to do with the statues, and we're possibly inside a time warp or something.  Also also, I have no working theories on the device I found, but if nobody else figures it out I'm keeping it and redeeming it.)
You try to move, try to do anything, but you can't even summon the strength to save yourself, let alone anyone else. [Will:5]Even though you can't move you manage to fight off the encroaching exhaustion and actually feel more awake now.

Thomas stands up, looks around hazily and says"Are we all that made it out?"to Milno and Jim.
You try to ask milno something but he seems busy. You notice June standing over faith with a Razor and realize why he seems busy.

Elizas's consciousness may have been faltering, but as a man of philosophy and wisdom, he could count on his mind for backup.
Have the Subconcious Mind take over Elizas's body.

[Elizas random bad idea roll:1] You try to summon your spirit animal your subconscious to take over your body. This does not work. You feel yourself continue to sink into exhaustion. It won't be long now till you can't stay awake.

(the device I found)
((I think the device may be the actual culprit of the sleepiness.))

Milno sighs.
"Bad, bad girl."

If Jim does not fry Juno, then rip her hand/forearm off with a gauss shot and use the buzz mode to close in quickly and knock her out (only if she is down or weakened enough, otherwise just stay in the safe zone and shoot until she is properly meek or in pieces) while being as gentle as an enraged rhino in the process (without tackling, I don't need those two rolls). Anyways, get the thing Mesk is holding onto and throw it away from the garden and towards the outside of the temple before getting drowsy. Use the motion tracker or common vision to estimate where the thing will land.
You raise your gauss rifle, steadying your shot with your other arm, and line the targeting ridicule up on June's raised arm. [Con wep:3+1] Just as you fire she bends and brings the blade down; you miss your target but hit her square in the left shoulder hurling her several feet and practically severing her left arm. Not before she managed to carve a horrible half exploded gash in Faith's side though.

June immediately rolls back onto her feet, her MK II suit closing and amputating the damaged flesh.You fire again [conwep: 5+1] And catch her straight in the face, blowing a clean hole straight through her faceplate. She collapses in a heap.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 10:06:08 pm by piecewise »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: April 29, 2012, 09:11:29 pm »

"Huh. Probrably should have expected that."Thomas blasts June with his laser rifle.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: April 29, 2012, 09:13:51 pm »

((Am I in the "Tripping Balls" garden?

I asked to buzz towards her only if she happened to be incapacitated. D:))

Edited to better represent my thoughts. It was sounding too dumb.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 09:20:42 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1798 on: April 29, 2012, 10:09:08 pm »

((Am I in the "Tripping Balls" garden?

I asked to buzz towards her only if she happened to be incapacitated. D:))

Edited to better represent my thoughts. It was sounding too dumb.
Woops. Edited that. Turned out much better for you.

"Huh. Probrably should have expected that."Thomas blasts June with his laser rifle.
That problem has been solved. Please try again :P

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: April 29, 2012, 10:16:00 pm »

((Go Team!))
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 1256