Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3937242 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2: Ivan: "F***ING HELP"
« Reply #1440 on: April 22, 2012, 06:02:28 pm »

You go to the rec room and stand around, elated.
((I take it there are at least some other 'Corps members other than me, right?  - oh, and by the way, is Milno still wearing that cool advanced protection suit of his?))
Look for comrades (that is, other members of the 'Corps) around the room and greet them, both joyously and respectfully, and inquire for their names. Mind the veterans: ask them (if found any) about the previous mission(s) experience.

Steve, I heard there are some VR machines on board, available to us. How advanced is the simulation? Is it possible to try out some unconventional ways of using (more or less so) conventional weapons? To tinker with them and test the resulting prototypes/piles of junk?
Is there, perhaps, any kind of dedicated test & research (or similar) VR settings, so not to bother with the 'scenario' or 'enemies' (but, perhaps, still having access to some, well, test subjects (I mean, they are not real, so it's not that ethics should apply to dealing with them))?
Not that I know how to do research, but, well, just asking out of curiousity?

Also, Steve, what happens if you 'die' inside the VR? Is it possible for more than one person to enter the same VR, and to interact with each other inside the simulation? Finally, is experience earned inside VR applicable to the real world? So that, for example, if you learn how to operate that Avatar of War... or cyborg body inside the VR, you'd 'know' (or learn/adjust faster) how to use those if ever the need arises (in the real world)?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 06:05:13 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #1441 on: April 22, 2012, 06:39:06 pm »

Name: Samuel Eagle
Appearance:Tall brown hair and eyes Caucasian 
Personal information: He wanted to be a Xenoarcheologist but the only way in to it was the HMRC but he is experienced
Reason assigned to HMRC: Volunter
Stats: Strength 3
Willpower 3
Dexterity 3
Intelligence 5
Charisma 3
Endurance 3
Skills: Speech 1-1+1
conventional 2
Uncoventional 2
Medical Tech
Profession: Grunt

Is this okay
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 08:14:19 pm by SoHowAreYou »
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: April 22, 2012, 06:45:22 pm »

Finishing a bite of the concoction on his plate, Charro grunted with mild surprise.
"Not that bad, actually... Still rather bland, but at least it doesn't taste like the human excrement we're metaphorically eating in the Corp."
He scraped a bit more of the stuff into his mouth before deigning to answer Mesk.
"What am I here for? Hm, let me think- Nothing. Just because my father made a few 'indiscretions' in his time as a sector governor, I get sent here to fight, and probably... die, for the sake of a few alien baubles." He smiled ruefully. "I suppose perhaps this is just a slower and less-publicised version of the fate they chose for my old man? As for my plan, well, all I intend to do is get myself out of this mess as quickly as possible- preferably alive- and if that means waging genocide on a few unknown planets that's no skin off my nose. Well, if I survive. If I don't I won't exactly be worrying about my nose."

At last he put down his spoon and studied his dining companion thoughtfully. "What's your name, anyway? Seems like we share mostly the same goal of getting out of here alive; why not work together out in the field? Two heads are better than one, after all, and I'm not sure but perhaps facing down ancient alien monstrosities could be a little less terrifying with someone watching your back."
Beneath his cynical outward exterior, Charro was really pretty damn scared- That's what made him so verbose, after all. He wasn't a soldier!
>Eat Food.
>Attempt to convince Mesk to watch each other's backs on any missions we join.

((Hmm, I'm beginning to see why a seperate thread for on-ship shenanigans could be a good idea... The people who are actually on the mission will have to sift through all this stuff. :P))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: April 22, 2012, 07:21:50 pm »

"Oh- oh, have I not introduced myself?  I'm Mesk, Mesk Vraite.  Me, they say I'm in for piracy.  Um, so, I'll be focusing on keeping my team alive more than killing aliens or eldritch horrors or whatever, so sticking together would be a good idea if you're going to be a shooter."
Mesk finishes his meat food dish and stands up.
"Anyway, I think I'll check out the rec room.  Maybe there'll be something that can help me, or us, stay alive longer."
Head to the rec room and see what there is.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1444 on: April 22, 2012, 07:42:19 pm »

(If this turns into hentai, I will be peeved)
((Tentacle monster VS GiantMecha? Nope, not gonna happen, you little pervert.))

Milno keeps talking to the air.
"So the few people that still keep contact with us do it as a matter of only exposing the crew when strictly necessary, such as in the medic's case?"

Milno goes to the armory.
"Excuse me, do you happen to have a video about mechanics?"
>Yes. It's not that hard to keep the crew away though, I mean, You've got a guy in there jerking off to tigers.

You head to the armory and ask the Armory Master about videos dealing with mechanics.
"Anything specific? Suits, guns, vintage cars?"

You go to the rec room and stand around, elated.
((I take it there are at least some other 'Corps members other than me, right?  - oh, and by the way, is Milno still wearing that cool advanced protection suit of his?))
Look for comrades (that is, other members of the 'Corps) around the room and greet them, both joyously and respectfully, and inquire for their names. Mind the veterans: ask them (if found any) about the previous mission(s) experience.

Steve, I heard there are some VR machines on board, available to us. How advanced is the simulation? Is it possible to try out some unconventional ways of using (more or less so) conventional weapons? To tinker with them and test the resulting prototypes/piles of junk?
Is there, perhaps, any kind of dedicated test & research (or similar) VR settings, so not to bother with the 'scenario' or 'enemies' (but, perhaps, still having access to some, well, test subjects (I mean, they are not real, so it's not that ethics should apply to dealing with them))?
Not that I know how to do research, but, well, just asking out of curiousity?

Also, Steve, what happens if you 'die' inside the VR? Is it possible for more than one person to enter the same VR, and to interact with each other inside the simulation? Finally, is experience earned inside VR applicable to the real world? So that, for example, if you learn how to operate that Avatar of War... or cyborg body inside the VR, you'd 'know' (or learn/adjust faster) how to use those if ever the need arises (in the real world)?

((He is.))
You look around. There appears to be a woman standing alone in the center of the sparring ring and two guys sitting around at a table, eating. A short bout of introduction later and you find that the two men eating are Charro and Mesk, the woman in the ring is Feyri, and that Feyri is the only veteran with a staggering 1 mission.

>Hmm. Thats a reasonable enough request. Let me handle this...edit that...and done. I've uploaded 2 new options to the VR machines. The first program "Duel" will let you and another player fight each other with any of the available weapons. The second is "Tinker" which gives you access to all the guns and parts you need to tinker with anything. You an import tinkered weapons to other simulations as well. If you're going to test weapons, might as well test them on each other. Oh, and to connect to other players games the command is Run: establish connection and then the player's name.

>As per what happens in the game, no it doesn't kill you if you die, you idiot. Also knowledge gained in there is simply that, knowledge. It doesn't make you suddenly good at using a something, but you'll at least know what it does and how it does it
((ie no you can't advance skills in there, but it does let you try things out in a consequence free environment.))

Name: Samuel Eagle
Appearance:Tall brown hair and eyes Caucasian 
Personal information: He wanted to be a Xenoarcheologist but the only way in to it was the HMRC but he is experienced
Reason assigned to HMRC: Volunter
Stats: Strength 3
Willpower 3
Dexterity 3
Intelligence 5
Charisma 3
Endurance 3
Skills: Speech 1
conventional 2
Uncoventional 2
Medical Tech
Profession: Grunt

Is this okay
Looks ok, but you have to select which skill you want a + and which you want a - in for grunt.

Wake up
Nope
"Is that all you've got?"
Activate the Tesla sword and start cutting through it's tentacles. Use my enhanced strength to start kicking with my legs.
(If this turns into hentai, I will be peeved)
[Strength roll:3+2] You tear your arm free of the grasping tendrils and activate the Tesla sabre. [uncon wep:6+1] with a single swing you slice yourself free, though you catch yourself with the blade and blow apart part of your cloak, and fall to the ground. [Dex roll:2+1] You land and roll, coming to a stop hunched over on one knee.

"Oh- oh, have I not introduced myself?  I'm Mesk, Mesk Vraite.  Me, they say I'm in for piracy.  Um, so, I'll be focusing on keeping my team alive more than killing aliens or eldritch horrors or whatever, so sticking together would be a good idea if you're going to be a shooter."
Mesk finishes his meat food dish and stands up.
"Anyway, I think I'll check out the rec room.  Maybe there'll be something that can help me, or us, stay alive longer."
Head to the rec room and see what there is.
Finishing a bite of the concoction on his plate, Charro grunted with mild surprise.
"Not that bad, actually... Still rather bland, but at least it doesn't taste like the human excrement we're metaphorically eating in the Corp."
He scraped a bit more of the stuff into his mouth before deigning to answer Mesk.
"What am I here for? Hm, let me think- Nothing. Just because my father made a few 'indiscretions' in his time as a sector governor, I get sent here to fight, and probably... die, for the sake of a few alien baubles." He smiled ruefully. "I suppose perhaps this is just a slower and less-publicised version of the fate they chose for my old man? As for my plan, well, all I intend to do is get myself out of this mess as quickly as possible- preferably alive- and if that means waging genocide on a few unknown planets that's no skin off my nose. Well, if I survive. If I don't I won't exactly be worrying about my nose."

At last he put down his spoon and studied his dining companion thoughtfully. "What's your name, anyway? Seems like we share mostly the same goal of getting out of here alive; why not work together out in the field? Two heads are better than one, after all, and I'm not sure but perhaps facing down ancient alien monstrosities could be a little less terrifying with someone watching your back."
Beneath his cynical outward exterior, Charro was really pretty damn scared- That's what made him so verbose, after all. He wasn't a soldier!
>Eat Food.
>Attempt to convince Mesk to watch each other's backs on any missions we join.

((Hmm, I'm beginning to see why a seperate thread for on-ship shenanigans could be a good idea... The people who are actually on the mission will have to sift through all this stuff. :P))
Charro and Mesk finish their lunch together. Charro recommends that he and Mesk stick together for the coming mission. Mesk agrees and heads off toward the rec room. In the rec room he finds a tv and couch, sparring ring, vr machines, a few ratty pc's and a ping pong table and air hockey table.

Don't move, but smash the Altered Centipede monster with my Kinetic Amplifier if it gets close.
You stand and wait as the centipede curls and comes back around for another pass. You wait as it closes in, waiting for just the right time. [Dex roll:4-2] You try to move just before it passes, but you're a bit to slow. As you step to the side one of the centipede's scything manibles catches your arm just below the shoulder and severs it quite raggedly. The suit's injury systems kick in immediately; a razor sharp iris closes, severing the arm at the shoulder and cauterizing the wound, pain and anti-shock medication pumping in and killing the agony of a severed limb before you can even fully feel it. You've lost your Gauss rifle.

Undeterred you spin on your heal and swing a powerful downward blow for the centipede as it skitters away. [uncon wep:5+2] You slam your kinetically enhanced fist into the back of the centipede with all the force you can muster. The resulting detonation of flesh hurls you backwards, coated in gore, and severs the centipede neatly in two. [Dex roll:3-1] You land flatly on your back [End roll:4] and have the wind knocked out of you. The remaining half of the Centipede curls up and leaps into the air, coming down toward you.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: April 22, 2012, 07:44:32 pm »

Grab the Centipede's face and squeeze it. Next, regardless of the previous actions outcome, start kicking the shit out of it.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1446 on: April 22, 2012, 07:46:42 pm »

Grab the Centipede's face and squeeze it. Next, regardless of the previous actions outcome, start kicking the shit out of it.
It's face is coming at you at very high speeds and is about the size of a small car covered in man sized bladed mandibles. squeezing may not be the best idea, your choice though.

Sure hope faith and Mason do something soon. This thread is quickly becoming a "Slice of life on a space ship" sim heh.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: April 22, 2012, 07:48:29 pm »

It's face is coming at you at very high speeds and is about the size of a small car covered in man sized bladed mandibles. squeezing may not be the best idea, your choice though.

Sure hope faith and Mason do something soon. This thread is quickly becoming a "Slice of life on a space ship" sim heh.

Fine.

Jet Li-style 360-spinning-jump-kick-2.0-counter-attack.

((Lucky Star: Space Edition))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: April 22, 2012, 08:16:21 pm »

"Hmm, computers."
Mesk cracks his knuckles in and out and sits down dramatically.  Out loud to nobody he adds "Main screen turn on!"
Turn a computer on and log in.  See if there's an internet/whatever-the-future-equivalent-is-called connection.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: April 22, 2012, 08:17:55 pm »

Once again blow into it with the coil-gun, and jump onto it if it melees. If I get on it, stab it then continue firing into it.

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #1450 on: April 22, 2012, 08:20:11 pm »

If I am approved:
Head to rec room to tinker with the razor
Also if we make a weapon in tinker can we fab in real life?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1451 on: April 22, 2012, 09:02:01 pm »

Fine.

Jet Li-style 360-spinning-jump-kick-2.0-counter-attack.

((Lucky Star: Space Edition))

[dex roll:2-1] You attempt to leap up and kick the centipede straight in the face. What you end up doing is literally leaping straight into the centipede's mouth. The next few seconds are very unpleasant. You were eaten.

The screen turns dark and displays a large, white "GAME OVER".

Bugger.
"Hmm, computers."
Mesk cracks his knuckles in and out and sits down dramatically.  Out loud to nobody he adds "Main screen turn on!"
Turn a computer on and log in.  See if there's an internet/whatever-the-future-equivalent-is-called connection.
When screaming at the monitor does not have an effect you press the power button. It turns on. The desktop is mostly bare, just the short cut for a browser and a few simple games like solitaire and minesweeper.

If I am approved:
Head to rec room to tinker with the razor
Also if we make a weapon in tinker can we fab in real life?
((If you fab it in tinker you can make it in real life. You won't automatically get it, you'll still need to buy or get the weapon and the parts/tools to do it, but you can make it. Tinker is all about being able to try things out without ruining a weapon or buying tons of expensive parts for no reason. It also might give you a + for the roll in making that specific thing, since you've done it before. ))

You head to the rec room and hop into one of the VR machines, selecting "Tinker" from the menu. The world that comes up is a very bland one, just an infinite expanse of concrete in all directions with a work table a few feet away. Hanging in the air, just above the work table, is a screen and keyboard. You walk over and take a look at it. It appears that you can select the weapons or items you want to mess with, along with parts and tools, through this screen.

Once again blow into it with the coil-gun, and jump onto it if it melees. If I get on it, stab it then continue firing into it.
[Con wep roll: 3+2] You raise your hand and fire a single round. The hypersonic slug tears straight through the beast and erupts out the back, trailing what looks like a fine web of bluish goo. The creature slumps and falls, the ground shaking as it's girth settles, crushing dozens of friends and foes alike.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: April 22, 2012, 09:04:57 pm »

"Ha! Who's next?" Look around for another being worth my time.

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #1453 on: April 22, 2012, 09:12:48 pm »

Create a long line of tiny joints then cause a static charge to emerge the result should be a whip capable of delivering an EMP
Also take the field from a matter converter cause it to switch protons and electrons to make anti-matter give it a huge several day long timer
cause it to throw up a huge field that will convert enough of the planet to annihilate it totally
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 09:41:08 pm by SoHowAreYou »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: April 22, 2012, 09:20:58 pm »

Browse the net.  First figure out the date, then check up on current events.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 1256