Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3936984 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2: Ivan: "F***ING HELP"
« Reply #1395 on: April 21, 2012, 09:14:40 pm »

Do you think I went overboard enough?
((Nope. I would have either taken an Avatar of War for ground warfare or a MkIII Suit, two Tesla Sabres, a LESHO Rifle and some Kiloton Charges if I wanted to go around using airborne tactics to explode things.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1396 on: April 21, 2012, 09:16:51 pm »

"Thanks for the hint, AI. All right then, give me a fusion instigator, a laser rifle, a monoatomic razor, an eighth kiloton charge, a battle suit, and an advanced medical kit."
>Select Starting location:

>In the Fray

>High Ground

>Preparing to drop

>Titan Interior

"Thanks for the hint, AI. All right then, give me a fusion instigator, a laser rifle, a monoatomic razor, an eighth kiloton charge, a battle suit, and an advanced medical kit."
((Oh, good god. Can we start an on-ship thread? If we have too many poeple playing video games it might get confusing))
We'll put that to a vote. It doesn't matter to me either way, just another thread to check. But if people want a ship thread, they can have one. Voice your opinions.

I'm gonna try a different build this time. I also think that if this guy dies too I'll just clone Adrian. Call him Adrian 2, make him literally a clone.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yeah, I noticed. You cheated in skills :I

Everyone starts with 5 points.
Thanks for pointing that out. To be honest I don't even check to make sure the sheets are right till the first mission or the first time you actually do something requiring a roll. I got that edited one by the way.

"Laser Rifle please."
((Would you like a MkI suit with that, Sir?))

((Oh, good god. Can we start an on-ship thread? If we have too many poeple playing video games it might get confusing))
((If you were as paranoid as me, you would be watching what happens in their games because it may be important in some unforeseen way.))

Milno squints at the doors.

Hear attentively from the point I am standing at and try to figure any sounds that come from inside.
You lean against the wall and try to remain inconspicuous as you listen, trying to hear anything coming from behind the maintenance door. You stand there for several minutes before you hear, quite distantly, footsteps. At first they seem to be coming closer but then they drift away and silence returns. 

Hey Caelleth, you may want to look at my equipment again.
((I already saw your new equipment.))
There is nothing in this universe which will guarantee your safety, just things that will make you a bit safer for the moment. There's no such thing as "Overboard" just...extra security.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: April 21, 2012, 09:17:37 pm »

((Nope. I would have either taken an Avatar of War for ground warfare or a MkIII Suit, two Tesla Sabres, a LESHO Rifle and some Kiloton Charges if I wanted to go around using airborne tactics to explode things.))
Oops. I didn't notice the Avatar of War. If I could change for that A.I.?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1398 on: April 21, 2012, 09:28:40 pm »

Oops. I didn't notice the Avatar of War. If I could change for that A.I.?
Done.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: April 21, 2012, 09:58:39 pm »

"Drop me in the fray, please."

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: April 21, 2012, 10:11:18 pm »

Make yourself a character and submit me a sheet. After that you're considered on the ship and free to screw around while you wait for the next mission to start like Mino and the rest have been doing. Feel free to do pretty much anything you want to customize your gear like Milno as well.

Is that acceptable?
(Well... :- ) )

Oh, and by the way, what is the name of the (interstellar, I assume) state this ship/HMR Corps belong to?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1401 on: April 21, 2012, 10:45:25 pm »

Make yourself a character and submit me a sheet. After that you're considered on the ship and free to screw around while you wait for the next mission to start like Mino and the rest have been doing. Feel free to do pretty much anything you want to customize your gear like Milno as well.

Is that acceptable?
(Well... :- ) )

Oh, and by the way, what is the name of the (interstellar, I assume) state this ship/HMR Corps belong to?
Acceptable. Consider yourself on board. As per the name of the ship, you may want to ask steve since no one has yet.

"Drop me in the fray, please."
The screen fades and the world comes into focus. You're in a trench, crouched low to keep your massive bulk from being exposed. The ground is littered with flesh and bone and metal, the sky dark with smoke. All around you you hear the sounds of battle, screaming and grunting and crunching and gushing and gurgling and cries of pain and victory. A man falls from the sky and lands wetly as something strides over head on impossibly long legs.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: April 21, 2012, 10:49:30 pm »

((He asked for the name of the totalitarian state which controls both the ship and HMRC.))

Milno decides to once more put his suit on before searching for trouble.

"Steve, what is the name of this ship? 'The Gravedigger'?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: April 21, 2012, 10:52:24 pm »

"...And done!

"Alright Milno, ready for a spar now?"

Feyri turned around and stood up from her seat in the Mess Hall. He wasn't there.

Find Milno.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: April 21, 2012, 11:01:24 pm »

Ask anyone around what's going on.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1405 on: April 21, 2012, 11:57:35 pm »

((He asked for the name of the totalitarian state which controls both the ship and HMRC.))

Milno decides to once more put his suit on before searching for trouble.

"Steve, what is the name of this ship? 'The Gravedigger'?"
Woops...still ask steve :P

>Paracelsus’ Sword, if you must know.

You head out to the docking bay and grab your suit, slipping it on piece by piece, leaving your mechanical hand out.

"...And done!

"Alright Milno, ready for a spar now?"

Feyri turned around and stood up from her seat in the Mess Hall. He wasn't there.

Find Milno.
You look around, he's not in the mess hall anymore. You head out into the ship and after searching for a while find him in the docking bay, putting on a very high tech looking suit.
"Ready to spar, if ya want."

Ask anyone around what's going on.
There doesn't seem to be anyone in this trench. No one alive at least.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: April 22, 2012, 12:02:37 am »

((That's his voice?  :P))

"Um, sparring without that suit, on even terms.

"But, alright. With that suit. Let's go."

Head to the Sparring chamber, once there, initiate unarmed combat with him being the first attacker. Counter by a leg sweep.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: April 22, 2012, 12:08:18 am »

Charro Hootzal stumbled into the Mess Hall, recently awoken from stasis and feeling rather unhappy about his whole situation. His standard-issue HMRC uniform (possibly a jumpsuit? Whatever, his old clothes were too classy for this situation) was rather crumpled, and he did his best to straighten it before heading up to the counter.
>Order a copious amount of the tastiest, most-comforting foodstuff on offer. Preferably some form of ice-cream.
>Devour it at a table in one corner of the room.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: April 22, 2012, 12:09:57 am »

Step out of the trench, look for enemies. Go Dreadnought on them.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1409 on: April 22, 2012, 12:39:35 am »

Charro Hootzal stumbled into the Mess Hall, recently awoken from stasis and feeling rather unhappy about his whole situation. His standard-issue HMRC uniform (possibly a jumpsuit? Whatever, his old clothes were too classy for this situation) was rather crumpled, and he did his best to straighten it before heading up to the counter.
>Order a copious amount of the tastiest, most-comforting foodstuff on offer. Preferably some form of ice-cream.
>Devour it at a table in one corner of the room.
You go to the mess hall and look at the menu/ordering board. You have a choice between meat 1-3, side 1-4, and dessert 1-3.

((That's his voice?  :P))

"Um, sparring without that suit, on even terms.

"But, alright. With that suit. Let's go."

Head to the Sparring chamber, once there, initiate unarmed combat with him being the first attacker. Counter by a leg sweep.
You head to the sparring room and wait for milno to follow.

Step out of the trench, look for enemies. Go Dreadnought on them.
You stand, the great girth of the synth-flesh body rippling under layers of plate armor and shrouded by a cloak of reactive armor. You step up and out of the trench like you were stepping up a curb and survey the scene. Your new eyes pick out dozens of potential targets, human sized Altered beings with crude bone claws and soft flesh. They aren't worth your effort.  You look for something worthy to fight and find it in the form of a fleshy colossus, a great barrel shaped thing on dozens of stout legs with masses of talon tipped tentacles sprouting from its sides. Now, how best to fight such a beast...

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 1256