Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3936983 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2: Ivan: "F***ING HELP"
« Reply #1350 on: April 21, 2012, 12:50:51 pm »

Dude! You passed up the rocket launcher! BLASPHEMY!!! *slap*

As for my character, I'm thinking either a dex based medic that uses uncon weapons, a techie that uses aux stuff (technican seems a bit useless actually since what are the odds of being able to hack alien computers, let alone understand what programming language they use.) or a merc that uses exotic weapons.

Opinions?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: April 21, 2012, 12:53:12 pm »

Milno shrugs.

"I'll check if I am fine for another one then."

Nevermind.

((If you want a medic, unconventional weapons are mostly melee, and a medic going too deep into the fray is not always a good idea. As for aux, you can always try to hack Steve.))
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 01:11:28 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: April 21, 2012, 12:54:44 pm »

((We need more people that can survive a hit or two.  :P

Most weapons [conventional anyways] need a lot of strength. Only two, or as I've counted, need dexterity. The others need Intelligence and Willpower respectively.

@Caellath: Heading off, sadly.))

Wait, no spar. Return to checking Diary, inconspicuously.

"Erm, wait. Maybe later, if you're wounded. If not...then, um, in a while."

Edit:
...you can always try to hack Steve.))
((The joy of hacking the mainframe  :D))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: April 21, 2012, 01:30:05 pm »

Am I gonna pop back up like Jim?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: April 21, 2012, 01:31:14 pm »

((You are dead, no turning back. Adrian still has his head to be retrieved, but you can not be ressurrected.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: April 21, 2012, 01:32:24 pm »

Oh well. At least I actually hit the thing.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: April 21, 2012, 01:33:33 pm »

Would creating another character be acceptable?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1357 on: April 21, 2012, 01:58:37 pm »

Elisaz picks up the Gauss Gun and the Kiloton charge before jumping back up to No-Man's-Land.
You grab the gauss gun and the kiloton charge before jumping out of the trench and making your way toward the next trench. In the distance one of the massive shadows falls and the ground bucks beneath your feet. Something to the east of you breaks from a crowd and charges, a wall of bone and powerful antelope like legs, bounding toward you. [Dex roll:6-1] You wait till the last second and then dodge out of its way; the former human thunders by and digs its hooves into the bloodsoaked earth, turning to face you.

((We need more people that can survive a hit or two.  :P

Most weapons [conventional anyways] need a lot of strength. Only two, or as I've counted, need dexterity. The others need Intelligence and Willpower respectively.

@Caellath: Heading off, sadly.))

Wait, no spar. Return to checking Diary, inconspicuously.

"Erm, wait. Maybe later, if you're wounded. If not...then, um, in a while."

Edit:
...you can always try to hack Steve.))
((The joy of hacking the mainframe  :D))
You return to writing (you can pretty much do that as a free action without posting to tell me to do it.)

No, sorry. Brain gone means no revival. Ya caught a bad break with that 1. But, since it's your first mission it's not like you're actually losing any tokens or equipment or anything, and you can create a new character and get right back in the game. Hopefully the RNG's bless the next one with better luck  ;D 
Would creating another character be acceptable?
Totally, go for it. You can even just make a copy of the current one if you really want that build. You can't return to the mission in progress, but you can volunteer for the next one when the time comes.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: April 21, 2012, 02:09:30 pm »

Faith breathed another massive sigh of relief. Everything was okay. Everything was okay.

Of course, she still needed to get away from that headache.

Return to shuttle. Rest for a bit, ideally until head stops hurting.

"Can anyone hear me?" she asked wearily over the radio. She wasn't really expecting an answer, but maybe... Ivan, at least, she had last seen in the same place she had fallen prey to after a while. Maybe she could run in, grab him, and run back out? That was how he got there in the first place, after all...
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: April 21, 2012, 02:19:29 pm »

I'm gonna try a different build this time. I also think that if this guy dies too I'll just clone Adrian. Call him Adrian 2, make him literally a clone.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 08:44:15 pm by Spinal_Taper »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: April 21, 2012, 02:27:04 pm »

Gauss Rifle blast to the face, and if that is not sufficient, moar-face punchin'.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1361 on: April 21, 2012, 02:52:20 pm »

Faith breathed another massive sigh of relief. Everything was okay. Everything was okay.

Of course, she still needed to get away from that headache.

Return to shuttle. Rest for a bit, ideally until head stops hurting.

"Can anyone hear me?" she asked wearily over the radio. She wasn't really expecting an answer, but maybe... Ivan, at least, she had last seen in the same place she had fallen prey to after a while. Maybe she could run in, grab him, and run back out? That was how he got there in the first place, after all...

(( So lets see here. Ivan is unconscious and has had his arms dislocated. Adrian's head is chunky salsa. Victor is pretty much just a left arm  and head laying in a field, Mason is staring at a wall and Faith is cowering in the ship. Good job team, good job.))

You scramble back to the shuttle and hide behind it, trying to be as inconspicuous as possible as the pain in your head goes away.

"Can anyone hear me?" you ask over the radio.
I'm gonna try a different build this time. I also think that if this guy dies too I'll just clone Adrian. Call him Adrian 2, make him literally a clone.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Got it. Feel free to faff about the ship and wait for another chance to get yourself killed.

Gauss Rifle blast to the face, and if that is not sufficient, moar-face punchin'.
[Con wep roll:3-1+1] You line the gauss rifle up and fire stumbling back under the force of the massive recoil. A small section of the creature's massive, boney headdress explodes as the hypersonic round smashes through it, but the beast's only response is a guttural roar and charge. [Dex roll:6-1] You step to the side like a professional Matador and bring your fist down on the creature's spine as it charges by. [Uncon wep roll:4+1] Your fist connects and a sound like thunder rolls out from the blow as the creature's midsection is turned into a fine slurry, the massive horned head crashing to the ground and digging a short trench as the beast skids to a stop, flails weakly and dies.

(You're really owning it up on these rolls right now.)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: April 21, 2012, 02:53:56 pm »

Thomas heads to the barracks, hopefully to the shooting range.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1363 on: April 21, 2012, 03:01:18 pm »

Thomas heads to the barracks, hopefully to the shooting range.
There isn't a shooting range, at least not a real one. The VR machines in the Rec room are the closest equivalent.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: April 21, 2012, 03:40:06 pm »

(( So lets see here. Ivan is unconscious and has had his arms dislocated. Adrian's head is chunky salsa. Victor is pretty much just a left arm  and head laying in a field, Mason is staring at a wall and Faith is cowering in the ship. Good job team, good job.))
((You forgot "and is being dragged into the jaws of madness by an insane Greek/Hindu god."

On the bright side, one of the two survivors has -1 in Willpower and no weapons or weapon skill!

Though to be fair, she could actually probably fix Ivan up pretty well if she had any way to reach him without going insane and being rendered into paste.))

Dash back to the clearings, glancing around frantically for Ivan (or anyone else). Watch out for headaches, and try not to stay too long.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 1256