Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3937218 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2: Ivan: "F***ING HELP"
« Reply #1335 on: April 21, 2012, 08:30:32 am »

(( You guys should have brought Elisaz to deal with the Cyborg. It looks like his greatest skill so far is punching things in the face.))
((Punching him the face is not the proper course of action when dealing with Erik due to his enhancements. Ranged attacks are the way to go, all the while trying to keep a safe distance from his body.))

((Wait, he has enhanced armor that can resist 9000000 Newtons of force? Damn.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: April 21, 2012, 08:35:00 am »

Exit meditation. Find Steve

And locate where Milno and Jim are.

Start the draft of the second Entry. Update backlog in Diary.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 09:00:08 am by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: April 21, 2012, 08:43:29 am »

((Wait, he has enhanced armor that can resist 9000000 Newtons of force? Damn.))
((Those Newtons could go into the air and his attacks could work better on you :P He also has enhanced dex, so even hitting him in melee is harder. I'm not trying to be a buzz-killer, my character himself is leaning more towards close-quarters combat at the moment.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: April 21, 2012, 08:45:58 am »

((Try flanking Erik and declare supporting an ally that is also attacking it.

Save Faith and Ivan.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: April 21, 2012, 08:58:33 am »

Milno looks toward the ceiling.
"So, the need is basically keeping us here to die like lab rats while trying to grab some priceless artifacts in exchange for a few shiny trinkets. Sounds funny enough, alright. How about the rest of the crew, by the way? Are they from the military or not?"
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: April 21, 2012, 09:37:30 am »

Jim shut off his emoticon for now and sat down at a table to wait patiently.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1341 on: April 21, 2012, 11:57:49 am »

Jim shut off his emoticon for now and sat down at a table to wait patiently.
You deactivate the emotion sensing software in your system and take a seat at one of the tables.

Milno looks toward the ceiling.
"So, the need is basically keeping us here to die like lab rats while trying to grab some priceless artifacts in exchange for a few shiny trinkets. Sounds funny enough, alright. How about the rest of the crew, by the way? Are they from the military or not?"
>Most are, some are civilians using us to get somewhere. Working stowaways.

Exit meditation. Find Steve

And locate where Milno and Jim are.

Start the draft of the second Entry. Update backlog in Diary.

You can see that Milno and Jim are in the mess hall with you. As per finding steve, well, you have no idea how  to do something like that. You start typing away on your datapad.

Elisaz jumps back into the trench and says, "Does anyone want a Mahnetic Field Manipulator?"

(( You guys should have brought Elisaz to deal with the Cyborg. It looks like his greatest skill so far is punching things in the face.))
You hold the Magnetic Field manipulator up and shout "Anyone want one of these?"
No one seems to notice you, probably too busy dying.

THIS CAN'T BE REAL THIS CAN'T BE REAL THIS CAN'T BE REAL

Faith stared at the... the... the not waking alien god come to devour her sanity and soul because those don't exist. She just... had to stare at it and she'd realize it was fake. That's all.

Study waking alien god more closely. Attempt to determine size, movement speed, method, etc. Also attempt to disbelieve it.

EDIT: Also, try to remember mission briefing on exit method. Just get into the shuttle and leave, right?
You look at the...thing that is currently crawling toward you. Just staring at it is painful, it makes your teeth hurt and your eyes water. It's size impossible to guess, more of it just keeps streaming out from over the horizon, but it is massive, 100 yards wide at least and many times that long. As per how fast it's moving you don't know. It's hard to make a reasonable judgement, but it's moving fast, propelled by countless spidery legs and flapping membranous wings.

You stare directly at it, trying to will it from existence. [will roll 5-1] You realize that something that large couldn't exist in this gravity, it would collapse and you stare at the writhing thing with new found confidence in its non-existence.  The illusion begins to fade and come apart, the real world flowing back in to replace the false one. There is still a dull itching pain in your head but at least the alien gods are gone.

((Exit strategy is to get on the shuttle you came in and bug out.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: April 21, 2012, 12:05:43 pm »

Elisaz goes to his dead comrades and picks up a good gun.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: April 21, 2012, 12:06:29 pm »

((No! Not cool. My head is on the line!))
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: April 21, 2012, 12:08:45 pm »

((If your head can still be retrieved, then you are lucky. Adrian died right off the bat.))
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: April 21, 2012, 12:12:50 pm »

((Poor Spinal_Taper. Well, at least there are a lot of other recruits to pick.

Cursed 1's.))

Feyri asks the most appropriate person what the mission was again, the one on the planet our team is currently on, and if she can communicate with the rest down there.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: April 21, 2012, 12:18:02 pm »

((Most appropriate. That must be me.))
Milno turns back to Feyri.
"The mission is being sent into yet another hellish deathtrap to discover what is happening down there, while fertilizing the soil with organic matter from the fresh corpses in the process, and we can not communicate with them so far as I know. By the way, if you keep eating and sleeping so much you'll get fat, but I guess it is fine because 'he' can handle it."
He smiles.
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1347 on: April 21, 2012, 12:20:41 pm »

All someone has to do is go grab it.

Elisaz goes to his dead comrades and picks up a good gun.
In the general area around you there is a laser rifle, a Gauss gun, a Tesla sabre, a rocket rifle and a kiloton charge.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: April 21, 2012, 12:25:46 pm »

Feyri rolled her eyes again, and reminded herself of his situation.

"I only took one meal since we've returned and am just browsing the menu. Besides, I was taking naps. Nothing like a good sleep to refresh the bones.

"Thanks for the info by the way."
She regarded Milno with a somewhat weary look.

"...Up for a spar?"

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: April 21, 2012, 12:29:05 pm »

Elisaz picks up the Gauss Gun and the Kiloton charge before jumping back up to No-Man's-Land.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 12:30:39 pm by TCM »
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 1256