Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3937114 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2: Ivan: "F***ING HELP"
« Reply #1320 on: April 21, 2012, 12:44:20 am »

((I am going to sleep, which means that unfortunately I won't be able to be an ass during Feyri and Jim's romantic date. See you.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1321 on: April 21, 2012, 01:44:04 am »

"Holy fucking shit. I need some help here!" Adrian puts out a general distress call, then shoots at the Cyborg, trying not to hit Ivan.
[Adrian dex roll:4]
You snap your rifle into firing position as the cyborg approaches, aiming for an instant before shooting.
[Con wep roll:4]
The invisible beam cuts across the Cyborg's upper shoulder, slicing deeply into the flesh. It's hard to tell, but you think they cyborg's upper left arm is crippled.
[Erik strength roll:2+3]
Erik, mid stride, draws his arm back and, as his feet hit the ground, hurls the body at you.
[Adrian dex roll:1]
[Adrian end roll:3]
The body slams into you, knocking you several feet back and onto the ground. You push the body up and off of you. Erik is standing above you, his arm already cocked.
[Adrian dex roll:1]
The punch comes down and stops, milometers from your faceplate.
[Erik Uncon wep roll:6+2]
The air distorts around his fist and your helmet screams in protest for only an instant before caving in and releasing the force of a rocketpowered steamroller straight onto your forehead. As your skull caves in you think "Well, at least I got to test the laser once." Dang.

(Adrian is Dead!)

Awaken from my peaceful sleep once more.

Then go out of the Barracks, bringing my 'Diary' along and head to the Mess Hall. Inquire about food served there.

You wake up for what seems like the 5th time in as many minutes and grab your datapad before heading to the mess hall. All the food in the mess hall is prepared and dispensed automatically, but there is a menu that also functions as a selection board. Today the board shows various kinds of meats labeled "Meat 1, meat 2, etc". Sides, drinks and desserts are similarly labeled. Helpful.

((If you hit Ivan, it is just poetic justice.

So a broken nose. Oh wow.))

Go to the mess hall once again. Sixth-sense is tingling.
"Steve, why do you do this, after all? Is your existence or intelligence bound to a hard-coded program?"
You head back to the mess hall, still fingering the bump on your nose, and take a seat at one of the tables. Feyri and Jim are both here. Oh my but thats lovely.

"Steve, why do you do this, after all? Is your existence or intelligence bound to a hard-coded program?"

>Oh, Mostly because it's fun but also because it fulfills a need. 
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 02:19:06 am by piecewise »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: April 21, 2012, 01:54:55 am »

((About those sleeping periods. It's called a "Nap"  ;)

Also, damn. First Casualty - Adrian!

Who wins the bet?  :P))

Sit down at one of the tables, preferably one that has a view of space.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: April 21, 2012, 01:57:56 am »

Yeah... You guys need to think about how you can take down that cyborg more. Just going at him alone and in hand to hand is not going to work.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: April 21, 2012, 01:59:22 am »

Yeah... You guys need to think about how you can take down that cyborg more. Just going at him alone and in hand to hand is not going to work.
We need people like you here.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1325 on: April 21, 2012, 02:16:32 am »

((About those sleeping periods. It's called a "Nap"  ;)

Also, damn. First Casualty - Adrian!

Who wins the bet?  :P))

Sit down at one of the tables, preferably one that has a view of space.
Well, considering no one bet anything because everyone is a cheapskate, no one. 

You sit down at one of the tables and look around at the blank metal walls. No windows. Depressing.

This is the Einsteinian Roulette team building course. Work together or have your head crushed in. Beats trust falls if you ask me.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: April 21, 2012, 02:31:13 am »

Meditate, without vocal synchronization if possible.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: April 21, 2012, 02:33:57 am »

(Perhaps Charro could be comfort eating somewhere in the mess hall, having just recently awoken from cryosleep? If that's alright I might post some RP later. :D It's not enough just reading this hilarity.
Also, I can't trawl back and check, but if that cyborg is one of HMRC's former members, well, any survivors of this mission might have a different view of robot-people in future... D: ))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: April 21, 2012, 02:34:40 am »

THEN I SHALL ANSWER THE CALL TO ARMS!

What type of character is needed most though? Medic? Techie? Just-another-grunt-with-a-gun? Psyhic wannabe?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: April 21, 2012, 02:37:35 am »

Kleptomaniac!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: April 21, 2012, 02:39:20 am »

THEN I SHALL ANSWER THE CALL TO ARMS!

What type of character is needed most though? Medic? Techie? Just-another-grunt-with-a-gun? Psyhic wannabe?
((You can be anyone, the randomness of the rolls hurts. If you be a Fleshtech, IronyOwl would have a good ally.

The +1 can be a savior or a killer if in the wrong position. Utilize it to your strength, what kind of acts do you like doing?))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1331 on: April 21, 2012, 02:43:00 am »

Meditate, without vocal synchronization if possible.
You feel connected to the universe. You are one with your shoe size.

(Perhaps Charro could be comfort eating somewhere in the mess hall, having just recently awoken from cryosleep? If that's alright I might post some RP later. :D It's not enough just reading this hilarity.
Also, I can't trawl back and check, but if that cyborg is one of HMRC's former members, well, any survivors of this mission might have a different view of robot-people in future... D: ))
Yeah, sure, go ahead and wander about. If you've presented a character sheet consider yourself on the ship and sitting around.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: April 21, 2012, 05:28:12 am »

THIS CAN'T BE REAL THIS CAN'T BE REAL THIS CAN'T BE REAL

Faith stared at the... the... the not waking alien god come to devour her sanity and soul because those don't exist. She just... had to stare at it and she'd realize it was fake. That's all.

Study waking alien god more closely. Attempt to determine size, movement speed, method, etc. Also attempt to disbelieve it.

EDIT: Also, try to remember mission briefing on exit method. Just get into the shuttle and leave, right?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 05:34:02 am by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: April 21, 2012, 08:00:04 am »

Elisaz jumps back into the trench and says, "Does anyone want a Mahnetic Field Manipulator?"

(( You guys should have brought Elisaz to deal with the Cyborg. It looks like his greatest skill so far is punching things in the face.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: April 21, 2012, 08:03:33 am »

(( You guys should have brought Elisaz to deal with the Cyborg. It looks like his greatest skill so far is punching things in the face.))
((Punching him the face is not the proper course of action when dealing with Erik due to his enhancements. Ranged attacks are the way to go, all the while trying to keep a safe distance from his body.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 1256