Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3938180 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2: Dear Dairy, I love a robot man.
« Reply #1185 on: April 19, 2012, 10:11:23 pm »

((Nevermind, too hard. I am tempted to ask SeriousConcentrate if Jim is really going to follow that guide, specially the tips related to kidnapping.))
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 10:13:22 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: April 19, 2012, 10:14:48 pm »

((WAT. Pure Willpower. Jesus, its RAVENOR!))

((Yeah, but there was no other way I could use the mass converter. Ah well. It seems to fit the character, at least. Hey, three mental disorders, not counting OCD...))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2: Dear Dairy, I DON'T love a robot man.
« Reply #1187 on: April 19, 2012, 10:17:18 pm »

Feyri stopped a while after manually inputting her notes down on the thing, it seemed that she didn't know much about storing personal information where others couldn't see it, due to her memories back in the Mercenary corps. Where everything you own belongs to everyone else...Other than personal clothing.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Where is that delete button?! Oh, wait. There you are."

Spoiler: Diary (click to show/hide)

Feyri looked upon her entry for the third time. She mused to herself to improve her writing style, but this was enough.

Return back to sleep
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 08:53:00 pm by Tiruin »

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: April 19, 2012, 10:19:50 pm »

((Yeah, but there was no other way I could use the mass converter. Ah well. It seems to fit the character, at least. Hey, three mental disorders, not counting OCD...))

((Hey, Ravenor is pretty much a talking psychokinetic brain inside a chair-sized armored tank after they blow up his body in the first part of the Ravenor Omnibus trilogy, so that fits quite nicely. Got to love Warhammer 40k.))
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: April 19, 2012, 10:24:37 pm »

((...Milno was the one to get the power source by the way. After kicking Faith in the chest.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1190 on: April 19, 2012, 10:34:12 pm »

> High Ground.
The screen fades and a new world forms around you. You're standing atop a concrete barrier on a hill somewhere, maybe 15 meters from the gently rolling hill. Around you the remnants of men, shattered space suits and armor, burst chest cavities and slowly cooling blood, all steaming in wintry air. The ground below you is similarly strewn, bodies heaped on barricades and spilling out of ruined trenches. The air is thick with smoke and sky is red, glittering streaks of chrome slash through the haze and rush toward the front lines in the north, a rolling mass of fire and distant noise maybe a mile away. You can see scattered figures out there, blurs in the light of explosions. Things, unimaginably massive things, moving with slow brutality to the east.

Examine control panel. ((How big is it?)) Grab some dirt or leaves or something and head to the large clearing.
(You're in the large clearing specifically right on that red target marker.)
You look at the control panel, which you recognize now to be a Field Manipulator, a thin box about the size of a deck of cards.

Sorry to interrupt, but here's for the waitlist:

Name: John Azat, A.K.A "The Destroyer" (what he calls himself-sometimes)
Got it. Lets see how ye' olde min-maxing goes for ya.

"Alright folks, it seems when I blasted that overgrown seed, I fried the organic creature that was creating the illusion with a Field Manipulator. I'm not sure how or why this particular one was disrupting radio signal, but I'm glad we can communicate now. If anyone else has killed one of these fungus monster things and found a field manipulator, let us know. I'm assuming the third secondary objective is another one of these bastards... I'm headed there now to fry the fucker, then we should amass for an assault on the main complex. I'm loathe to discuss what sort of creepy, tentacle-ridden monstrocity it might actually be, but I know this; this place is about to get messy."

Walk in the direction of the final secondary objective, Psyk-Amp at the ready.

((I think I'm going to be a Psyk-Sniper, using my Amp to blast pin-sized holes in enemy's brains from afar, since I don't have any proper weapons. <_< I'd like to explore the possibilities and see what else I can do with these Psyk-Amps and Manipulators.))
You walk toward the final secondary objective, making sure to stay clear of the of the main target. As you draw close you see that there is a wall extending from the temple like main objective and enclosing the final secondary one.

((Hey, Ravenor is pretty much a talking psychokinetic brain inside a chair-sized armored tank after they blow up his body in the first part of the Ravenor Omnibus trilogy, so that fits quite nicely. Got to love Warhammer 40k.))
All he needs is an "Avatar of War" suit.

Feyri stopped a while after manually inputting her notes down on the thing, it seemed that she didn't know much about storing personal information where others couldn't see it, due to her memories back in the Mercenary corps. Where everything you own belongs to everyone else...Other than personal clothing.

"Where is that delete button?! Oh, wait. There you are."

Spoiler: Diary (click to show/hide)

Feyri looked upon her entry for the third time. She mused to herself to improve her writing style, but this was enough.

Return back to sleep
You go back to sleep, wondering if you might have some sort of sleeping disorder.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: April 19, 2012, 10:38:50 pm »

((I meant the other clearing. So, the main target))

Head to the main target.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: April 19, 2012, 10:41:13 pm »

Got to love Warhammer 40k.))
((Yes, I was planning on checking if the armory could happen to have a chainsword for some tokens. They do have non-standard equipment. Even if not, a Tesla Sabre can fulfill my melee homicidal impulses just fine, I guess.))
>Yes?

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: April 19, 2012, 10:42:39 pm »

"...Shit. Hey, is anyone else near the final secondary? Apparently its surrounded by a thick wall that connected to the primary complex. I'm not sure how we're getting in... If only someone brought explosives."

Walk closer and examine the walls, walking perpendicularly to them and searching for sentries, openings, or markings.

"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: April 19, 2012, 10:45:32 pm »

"You get one of these Field Manipulator things? Try and melt it"

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: April 19, 2012, 10:50:19 pm »

"I'm going to try something. If you find my fried, braindead corpse by the wall, then I failed."

Mason activates for the Psychokinetic Amp AND the Field Manipulator, attempting to meld both forces into a more powerful tool with which to cut through the wall somehow, or simply dig under it.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: April 19, 2012, 10:51:38 pm »

"Just so you know, I'm looting your body"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: April 19, 2012, 10:52:53 pm »

((That is not advisable. Einsteinian Roulette: Grim Dark + Black Comedy. It could only get better if we threw some Dead Baby jokes inside.
Edit: Ooops ranting. What I mean is that you should not try to use both weapons.))
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 10:54:42 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: April 19, 2012, 10:55:11 pm »

...Dead Baby jokes inside.))

((Not for me D:

Still, loving the narrative! Tesla Sabre!))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: April 19, 2012, 10:56:57 pm »

I imagine their conversation going a bit like this:

"I'm going to try and rend reality apart so we can get past this wall. If I die, you can have my boots."

"Cool."
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 1256