Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3939521 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2: Dear Dairy, I love a robot man.
« Reply #1125 on: April 19, 2012, 03:20:14 pm »

((If I can hear her))
"Yeah, reading you. I'm about to collect a sample"
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: April 19, 2012, 03:27:40 pm »

((If I can hear her))

((No, no, no, radios don't work))
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1127 on: April 19, 2012, 03:36:04 pm »

Travel further into the clearing, ready to sprint away at the first sign of trouble.
The clearing is completely gone, there is only this new, alien landscape. You walk farther in the direction you think the secondary objective occupied before everything got odd. After a while, far longer then it should have been, you find something. It's a launch tower of some kind, a great metal pylon upon which is attached a metal slab fitted with dozens of man sized rocket engines. Something is laying on that metal slab, something massive and clearly organic. Near the tower is what looks like a control panel.

((Finally, some action!))

Mason activates his Psychokinetic Amp and focuses on an empty point in space between him and the group of people, hoping randomly that he might get some reaction from whatever it causing the spacial distortion.

((Time to run some tests. I'm tired of doing nothing.))

((for the future, it's helpful to say how big an area you want to heat and how hot you want to heat it.))

Mentally, you outline a tiny area about 10 feet away and focus on heating it just a bit. [Exotic wep roll:5] You feel your face twitch a little as the amp activates and spreads out into your brain. The area you're concentrating on shimmers with heat but nothing around it seems to change.

Elisaz feels as if the ship's overlord is watching him.

He continues anyways.
You continue anyways.

((Ivan needs to be congratulated. He survived the enemy onslaught without killing any teammate. Sincerely, he did pretty well and his rolls were mostly optimal.))

Elisaz feels as if the ship's overlord is watching him.

He continues anyways.
((It just makes him hornier.))
Yeah, if any of those guys had gotten a hold of him they basically would have just mobbed him and beaten him to death

((If I can hear her))
You can not.  Basically, Ivan, Adrian and Mason are isolated from radio.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: April 19, 2012, 03:38:33 pm »

When he is done, Elisaz asks the ship, "Were you watching that?"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: April 19, 2012, 03:40:52 pm »

Hmm...

Mason drags his companion through the treeline opposite of where they entered/left the previous time, in order to check if this entire area is encased in a spacial bubble effect where all points collapse in on the center, or if its simply dumping them across the region at random.

"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1130 on: April 19, 2012, 03:47:52 pm »

When he is done, Elisaz asks the ship, "Were you watching that?"
>As though there are parts of the ship I'm not watching.

Hmm...

Mason drags his companion through the treeline opposite of where they entered/left the previous time, in order to check if this entire area is encased in a spacial bubble effect where all points collapse in on the center, or if its simply dumping them across the region at random.

You mark your position mentally and then walk off away from the clearing, Adrian in tow. When you reach the clearing again you're on the opposite side of it then when you left.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: April 19, 2012, 03:55:19 pm »

"Steve, is there anyway I can view the current mission in progress?"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: April 19, 2012, 03:58:59 pm »

"Alright this is getting REALLY annoying."

Mason heads off toward the center of the anomaly, hoping to reach the crashed ship and the stranded crewmembers.

"What the hell could be causing this anomaly... Damn it, it could be anything! Even the damn radiation spillover from the ship's drives, or... Wait... Hmm... The three secondary anomalies seem to be centered around the crashed ships of the last 3 crews... Wait... Perhaps the anomaly is tapping into the ship drives as a power source, or they're somehow accidentally amplifying it? Hmm..."

Mason uses his intelligence, willpower, and intuition to attempt to piece together a plausible idea.

((Out of curiosity, do you change the story to be more entertaining if someone suggests something, like the engine thing, or do you hard-set your story and don't change it at all, letting your players wander around confused until someone finally gets it? I do the first, though I plan as thought I'm doing the second, lol. I ask because I'm not playing to find out what's going on, but my IC actions are more geared towards fleshing out the story and giving the GM chances to tie in events to my actions, a very fun tool I use in all my RPs. =) :D ))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: April 19, 2012, 04:00:42 pm »

"If ANYONE can hear me, watch out for headaches. That's how it starts."

Carefully creep towards primary objective, low to the ground and wary for anything.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: April 19, 2012, 04:15:12 pm »

((I ask because I'm not playing to find out what's going on, but my IC actions are more geared towards fleshing out the story and giving the GM chances to tie in events to my actions, a very fun tool I use in all my RPs. =) :D ))
((My Milno moment says: If you keep wandering about like a moron, the story will be fleshed out with your corpse.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: April 19, 2012, 04:20:17 pm »

Go up to the control panel, see if I can read it.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: April 19, 2012, 04:24:57 pm »

follow scary guy from a short distace. approch him slowly and hand him some crackers. keep head really low.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1137 on: April 19, 2012, 04:43:19 pm »

"Steve, is there anyway I can view the current mission in progress?"
As much as I'd love to patch you in, the anomaly is preventing any sort of communications.

"Alright this is getting REALLY annoying."

Mason heads off toward the center of the anomaly, hoping to reach the crashed ship and the stranded crewmembers.

"What the hell could be causing this anomaly... Damn it, it could be anything! Even the damn radiation spillover from the ship's drives, or... Wait... Hmm... The three secondary anomalies seem to be centered around the crashed ships of the last 3 crews... Wait... Perhaps the anomaly is tapping into the ship drives as a power source, or they're somehow accidentally amplifying it? Hmm..."

Mason uses his intelligence, willpower, and intuition to attempt to piece together a plausible idea.

((Out of curiosity, do you change the story to be more entertaining if someone suggests something, like the engine thing, or do you hard-set your story and don't change it at all, letting your players wander around confused until someone finally gets it? I do the first, though I plan as thought I'm doing the second, lol. I ask because I'm not playing to find out what's going on, but my IC actions are more geared towards fleshing out the story and giving the GM chances to tie in events to my actions, a very fun tool I use in all my RPs. =) :D ))

((I stick to my guns most of the time. Sometimes I'll change things, but I like to keep things solid and let people try to figure things out. Whats the fun in a puzzle that just changes to be what people think the solution is? Also, it's been stated pretty clearly before that the wreckage these people are gathered around is too large to have been from their shuttles, plus they said they walked here, not crashed here. That and the wreckage here is just a big chuck of metal, not an engine or anything. Think a piece of heavy steal plating, bent into a horseshoe shape and embedded in the ground. Thats about the extent of it. Beyond the weird old man and his giant seed that is.))

"If ANYONE can hear me, watch out for headaches. That's how it starts."

Carefully creep towards primary objective, low to the ground and wary for anything.
You creep north, staying as low as you can, slowly getting near the temple structure. As you get closer the ground seems to rumble under you and the horizon blurs into a red haze.Somewhere in the vast distance, just beyond the temple, something enormous looms up from that haze. Something made of shadow and half glimpsed forms of twisted muscle and pulsating organs. And then, as that titan swells up in the sky, its myriad half formed limbs clawing at the burning horizon, something echos across the plain.

Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah

Go up to the control panel, see if I can read it.
You walk to the control panel and and look at it. It's nothing but a string of complex equations, changing and shifting. [intelligence roll:4] The equalizations look a lot like the ones that field manipulators use, not something from a launch system.

follow scary guy from a short distace. approch him slowly and hand him some crackers. keep head really low.
You crawl over to the edge of the clearing where Ivan is. He's standing in the middle of the clearing, slowly walking toward a metal thing on the other end. Following him would requiring entering the clearing.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 04:50:22 pm by piecewise »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: April 19, 2012, 04:48:46 pm »

Jim takes a step forward, feinting another jab with his left hand before reaching out with his right to catch Milno by the wrist and apply a hammerlock.
Once more he sidesteps into Jim's attack and tries to twist his arm while moving to his back, knee'ing his back to make the mechanic body bend in an awkward angle.

"Well, I almost received a free robotic massage to my skull right there."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: April 19, 2012, 04:51:07 pm »

Try and locate a button that does something.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 1256