Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3942313 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2: Have space suit, will die horribly.
« Reply #810 on: April 16, 2012, 02:41:38 pm »

"...no questions."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: April 16, 2012, 02:56:18 pm »

Milno heard with attention. That one sounded "fun", and three members of the team were newbies...

He stands up and decides to store his armor before being put in stasis. Oh yeah, also check the ship for land vehicles and machinery.

((I hope some of you survive.))
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 02:59:52 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: April 16, 2012, 03:00:39 pm »

((Like, some of us survive as a whole, or some of our parts collectively come back? D:))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: April 16, 2012, 03:04:05 pm »

((I think he means by brain matter.

Wait, Steve is built on brain matter.

Um, yea for bravery?))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: April 16, 2012, 03:05:10 pm »

((Like, some of us survive as a whole, or some of our parts collectively come back? D:))
((Both, because I think all the survivors, if there are any, will come back missing some pieces. Maybe many. Maybe only the brain matter is recovered. Um...Arms. Hey, Irony. If Faith loses a limb, can I have it?))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #815 on: April 16, 2012, 03:08:03 pm »

Milno heard with attention. That one sounded "fun", and three members of the team were newbies...

He stands up and decides to store his armor before being put in stasis.

You get up from the benches, silently hoping that someone-not faith- managed to survive the mission. You head to the docking bay and load your suit into a locker marked with your name before making your way to the rec room. You sit on one of the Mess tables and lay back, staring at the ceiling.

((BTW, the TV in here is how you gain snippets of background info on the world and stuff, so if you're curious, it's something to do.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: April 16, 2012, 03:08:57 pm »

((Hey, Irony. If Faith loses a limb, can I have it?))
((ಠ_ಠ))

Glance at TV while waiting for others to get themselves into the pods.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: April 16, 2012, 03:11:39 pm »

Jim folded himself up, Geth style, and went into hibernation/low-energy-usage mode. It's pretty handy being able to do that whenever you want, instead of waiting to get tired, he thought to himself as he did so.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: April 16, 2012, 03:14:18 pm »

Milno is slightly interested in the TV.

Watch some TV and then check the ship for land vehicles and machinery a while before being put to stasis.

((@SeriousConcentrate: As a power-gamer, I suppose you are very satisfied with your current body.))
>Yes?

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: April 16, 2012, 03:16:45 pm »

((Thankfully I had the brains to bring coagulants...)

"Our insertion point will leave us at a crucial starting point; just close enough to shoot toward the primary objective, or sweep the minor sources of distortion. It is my belief that these other teams will have gone for the primary target, each one with more fervor than the last. It quite likely that the major centralized distortion source is extremely dangerous... It can be anything from a temporal anomaly to an alien weapons factory. If there is more to this than meets the eye, and there certainly is, the enemy will expect us to march right into that high-radiation center and will have set up an ambush. Based on my calculations, the secondary targets could be powering or supplying the center. They may even be generators or sentry points overlooking the primary target. Let us sweep counter-clockwise through the secondary targets, scouts first, and learn as much as we can before we march into what is quite likely one hell of an ambush. Rather than wade into an impending massacre, perhaps a bit of cunning will do us great honor. Also, though I'm no good with a battle rifle myself, could we order or manufacture suppressors for our fire team? It'd greatly help to have the ability to act stealthily if we encounter sentient xenobiological lifeforms hostile to our own.That is all."
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: April 16, 2012, 03:19:53 pm »

(XD

Well, to an extent. In games more RP-focused where characters are expected to survive for a long time, I'm about 25% power-gamer and 75% character-actor. In games like this where before the first mission was over I was basically chunks, I'm 90% power gamer and 10% character-actor. Normally I don't like playing non-living because they can't do much of anything for roleplaying, but since Jim was a former human and not originally a robot he's more interesting than the last one I attempted to play.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: April 16, 2012, 03:21:58 pm »

Mason checks his Psychokinetic Amplifier to ensure it is running at optimal settings, and stashes his medical supplies in the pockets of his combat vest. He appears to be deep in thought, his eyes flickering to invisible maps as je simulates countless battle plans in his mind; to Mason, there is no room for relaxation before the mission.
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: April 16, 2012, 03:25:15 pm »

((Damn this game is awesome. It achieves some sort of godly balance between good, bloody RTD action, dialogue, character developement, good-but-simple mechanics, update speed and of course comedy! I can't wait to get in on it.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: April 16, 2012, 03:38:40 pm »

((Talk about character development. All the character development I had planned for Milno was destroyed around twenty-five to thirty pages ago. Go figure.))
>Yes?

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: April 16, 2012, 03:40:55 pm »

((Talk about character development. All the character development I had planned for Milno was destroyed around twenty-five to thirty pages ago. Go figure.))

Eh, I'm not really into character development. I RP as myself, and as such, just react as I would in real life.

...Sadly, that doesn't always work out in my best interest. :P
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 1256