Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3943130 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2: Have space suit, will die horribly.
« Reply #795 on: April 16, 2012, 12:29:56 pm »

"Be careful. Cyborg human relations difficult. Humans not as...durable. Will prepare salve for friction burn."
((This medic is very caring and observant. I like him/her.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: April 16, 2012, 12:46:41 pm »

(Our medic is Mordin? O.o)

"Right. You do that if you want, doc. I have other places to be." Jim ticks off a sarcastic salute over his shoulder as he leaves to head back to the main room.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: April 16, 2012, 12:52:06 pm »

(Glad it wasn't only me who read that in his voice :)) )

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #798 on: April 16, 2012, 12:54:54 pm »

"Right. You do that if you want, doc. I have other places to be." Jim ticks off a sarcastic salute over his shoulder as he leaves to head back to the main room.

((Not everyone who speaks in a strange way is an alien :P I thought up his character without Mordin in mind but now that I think about it he is somewhat similar. Oh well. Also we don't have a "main room" per say))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: April 16, 2012, 01:23:24 pm »

(To me the main room is where I was sparring. Also, it wasn't his way of speaking so much as what he said. It just reminded me of the speech he gives Shepard, that's all. ^^^)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: April 16, 2012, 01:24:52 pm »

Spoiler: Sheet! (click to show/hide)

Hope this is all okay.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 01:28:54 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: April 16, 2012, 01:52:21 pm »

DERP.

Alright, here's my gear.

Microwave Psychokinetic Amplifier (3 token? - exotic weapon), Scout Eye ( 1 token? - auxiliary), Coagulant Boosters ( 1 tokens - Meditech).

Psychokinetic Fleshtech combat medic with a penchant for leadership and a fiery ambition, ho!
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: April 16, 2012, 01:55:24 pm »

((Have fun with those Scout Eyes, people. I know I did.

Somehow, I have a feeling I should deliver this IC...))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: April 16, 2012, 01:57:02 pm »

((Gotta take those Arch-Conservatives down a way or another.
Edit: In case of emergency, use the scout eyes as weapons. It works, Faith's ribs are the living proof of that.))
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 01:58:41 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #804 on: April 16, 2012, 02:21:43 pm »

Spoiler: Sheet! (click to show/hide)

Hope this is all okay.
Heh, someone who put a large chunk of their points into speech? Oh dear.

DERP.

Alright, here's my gear.

Microwave Psychokinetic Amplifier (3 token? - exotic weapon), Scout Eye ( 1 token? - auxiliary), Coagulant Boosters ( 1 tokens - Meditech).

Psychokinetic Fleshtech combat medic with a penchant for leadership and a fiery ambition, ho!

>Ah, we're finally all here. Time to begin the briefing.

(To me the main room is where I was sparring. Also, it wasn't his way of speaking so much as what he said. It just reminded me of the speech he gives Shepard, that's all. ^^^)
Consider yourself back there.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: April 16, 2012, 02:23:29 pm »

Heh, someone who put a large chunk of their points into speech? Oh dear.

If nothing else, I shall chat up that lovely lady in the armory before my inevitable demise. :))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: April 16, 2012, 02:25:13 pm »

((Derp, looks like I'm too late. Well, I guess I can still RP with Elisaz wandering around the ship and talking to people.

@GM, or any player that knows: Instead of picking a color, can I just italicize all of Elisaz's speaking?))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: April 16, 2012, 02:27:03 pm »

((Derp, looks like I'm too late. Well, I guess I can still RP with Elisaz wandering around the ship and talking to people.

@GM, or any player that knows: Instead of picking a color, can I just italicize all of Elisaz's speaking?))
((There is no need to pick a color. We picked one because we are colorful bastards.))
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #808 on: April 16, 2012, 02:30:37 pm »

Alright  folks, we got a weird one today. Normally I'd just be dropping you on some planet somewhere but, well, pressing circumstances.

Now, about 10 light years from our current location is a planet popularly called “Hephaestus”. Real name is some big string of 15 numbers and something in Latin, so we'll stick with Hephaestus. Anyways, they manufacture a lot of very important things on Hephaestus, a lot of war related things; things like this ship and the weapons you use. As such, the Magistars are very inclined to keep Hephaestus safe.

A while ago the long range defenses on Hephaestus detected something moving toward them at very high speeds. I say “something” because we're not exactly sure what it is. Close as can be determined it's an area of distorted space-time, a pocket of reality where the internal conditions could be radically different from the outer ones. It's origin and purpose, if it has one, is unknown. And the Magistars don't want it anywhere near Hephaestus. Thats where we come in.

You lot are being shot directly into the anomaly with the express purpose of uncovering exactly what it is, bringing back samples of the interior and, if it turns out to be hostile, destroying it. Now, it's only about a dozen meters in diameter on the outside, but what information we have on the inside reveals that it is much larger inside then out. Here's the mapping data we have.

The targets have been marked in red, as usual. I should point out that this isn't a map in the way you would normally think of it, this is a map of distortions, high radiation areas, and other dangerous or anomalous activity. The colors are simply the mapping computers doing their best to make sense of what the scanners are feeding them.When it comes to the actual physical configuration of the things inside, well, we have no idea. All we now is that this object here

Is the greatest point of distortion, and as such the main target. These other points,

Are lesser points of distortion and should be considered secondary targets. You will be dropped in here,

and the shuttle will remain there in order to pick you up. Unlike most missions, you'll be going this one alone, no other teams will be deployed with you.

And, well, there's something else. You may have guessed, but you won't be the first team entering the anomaly. 3 other teams have entered before you and none have come out. Most of them were new recruits but there is one exception.

The holographic display in the center of the room changes to display a rather young and disheveled  looking man with a black eye.

This is  Erik Westling. Or, this was how he looked when he was conscripted.

The screen changes again, this time displaying a clearly robotic head with a ventriloquist dummy like mouth and solid black eyes but otherwise perfect features, like a marble statue come alive.

This is him now. He's survived 7 missions and has a full body prosthesis,not the cheap kind either. He's pure synth-flesh with kinetic amplifiers built into all 4 of his arms and both feet.  We're not sure what happened to him, chances are he's dead, but we're giving you a heads up in case you do happen to see him. He's not an alien. That's about all we can say for sure.

Now, if you have anything you need to do before we go, any questions to ask, any plans to make, do that now. We're going to be putting everyone in stasis for the next few weeks as we make the trip to the anomaly. It's gonna be 20 g's of acceleration or decelerations pretty much the whole way so everyone is going in the tanks till we get there. Once we arrive I want you all out, suited and on the shuttle in 5 minutes? You got me? Good. Dismissed. 
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 02:38:18 pm by piecewise »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: April 16, 2012, 02:34:19 pm »

((Gulp.

Goodluck all of you.

Perhaps I should've lent my Rifle or Sword to the most dependable one...))
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 1256