Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944471 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Feyri : Worst Medic
« Reply #255 on: April 07, 2012, 08:22:28 pm »

It's awesome.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 07, 2012, 08:24:57 pm »

(Thanks. ^^^ I did one for Taric Sizier and Trol Grane as well. Draignean's current is one I did for him, although he improved it. ^^^)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 07, 2012, 08:33:55 pm »

((@Caellath: Using SerCon? You hurt me by your words! I am not using him! For in the empty room, we conversed with each other like old friends - no words were spoken, yet I knew that he wanted to be so much more than what he is now!

I mean, he did lose weight for something! Right?))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Feyri : Professional Badass
« Reply #258 on: April 07, 2012, 09:45:00 pm »

I move into the room to the south.
Even with your leg frozen in some sort of alien metal you can manage to crawl into the room in the south as the vibrations build to a homicidal pitch. Once inside you curl into a ball and press yourself as close to the ground as you can, waiting for the inevitable.

EDIT DUE TO POSITION:

*Ahem*

Feyri blinked after staring for quite some time at the room. It's utter simplicity baffled her. In all her life as a mercenary, she couldn't understand why there was an empty room in a structure. Surely, it would have some use later on, but that would have to wait as she heard the cries of her allies behind her.

She left the room and peered around the corner to see Faith and Milno run past her. Followed by a cry of pain that sounded like Ivan's voice.

"What in good blazes-...Jim let's get out of here!"

Jim was ever the observant fellow, keeping his calm at times like these. Feyri wished to emulate his example soon, but feared that her training and perseverance would overwhelm her tranquility. Well, there were some things that made people different from each other...

Slide under that Sentinel while firing two short bursts of three second fire at it's underside. Jim will be of aid here, of course.

Shout that we mean no harm!

[Dexterity roll: 5]
Your teammates are in trouble, an automated alien menace is bearing down upon them with what you can only call a death ray, and they are scattering like frightened kittens in the face of a 40 foot, diesel powered pitbull. Are you a cool enough dudette to save them? Hell yes you are.

Without pausing an instant you grab jim's body and sling him toward the sentinel, sending the body skimming across the ground like a corpesy hovercraft. You ready your rifle and sprint forward, the pain in your leg forgotten. You leap and land on the skimming corpse, riding it forward in a completely metal powerslide, limboing under the Metal Sentinel.

"we mean no harm!" you shout as you open fire.

[con.Wep. Roll: 4+1] The invisible beam of your weapon slices into the metal sentinel, shearing off a large section of it. The severed section falls to the ground and collapses into fine silvery dust. The remaining part  of the sentinel seems to shiver and the vibrations become erratic. You finish your powerslide and launch yourself up, jim in hand, and roll into the room the sentinel emerged from. You feel like you should light up a cigarette or slowly put on some sunglasses or something.

"THE PYRAMID! TRY SOMETHING WITH THE PYRAMID!" Faith shouted, jumping into the room it had been resting in and withdrawing her own dodecahedron. Glancing out of the room, she held it out in front of her, hoping for any change in the sentry.

If not, she ducked back into her room, hoping it was a hidey-hole and not a dead end.

You dive into the room Milno found the pyramid in and dig your artifact from its pouch. You lean around the corner and hold it out, waving it in the general direction of the sentinel. You decide it's not working just as Feyri launches herself forward at the horrible alien thing, and dive back into the room, covering your head.

Milno:

Follow Faith and...uh...try something with the piramid. Intuition, go!

((Now I think we should wait for Tiruin/Feyri's post, because we may need someone who can shoot a gun in this scenario.))
You follow faith into the room where you found the pyramid and look at the thing floating near your hand. [intuition check:1] Yep, thats totally an alien can opener. Nothing else it could be.

>Bravo To Feyri for being the first to SHOOT THE HOSTILE ALIEN ROBOT. 1 extra token to her next mission.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 09:47:29 pm by piecewise »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 07, 2012, 09:51:51 pm »

>Bravo To Feyri for being the first to SHOOT THE HOSTILE ALIEN ROBOT. 1 extra token to her next mission.
((Thank God I didn't shoot. See that roll there?
You follow faith into the room where you found the pyramid and look at the thing floating near your hand. [intuition check:1] Yep, thats totally an alien can opener. Nothing else it could be.
That would probably be the laser gun exploding in my face.))
Milno:

Try to mess with the pyramid the same way Faith did with her artifact.

((@Tiruin: Good going on the powerslide. You still owe me those painkillers by the way.
Edit: You get extra points for shouting "WE MEAN NO HARM!" while cutting off a large section of the bastard with a violent action.
@SeriousConcentrate: See? Jim was useful.))
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 10:10:37 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 07, 2012, 10:03:54 pm »

Holy fuck.

"I don't know how to use a gun!" Faith screamed indignantly over the intercom. "Why would I know how to use a gun?!"

Use gun anyway. On alien. Not that what I'm aiming at matters nearly as much as it should.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #261 on: April 07, 2012, 10:16:36 pm »

((Thank God I didn't shoot. See that roll there?
That would probably be the laser gun exploding in my face.))
Milno:

Try to mess with the pyramid the same way Faith did with her artifact.

((@Tiruin: Good going on the powerslide. You still owe me those painkillers by the way.
@SeriousConcentrate: See? Jim was useful.))

You try to grab the pyramid, to poke it, to touch it in any way but it keeps sliding away or outright repelling your hand. In desperation you shake it around and yell "I just want to kill that thing!" To your surprise the pyramid begins to rotate in place, spinning like a drill, and sending an electric tingling feeling up through your arm. The spinning and tingling feeling build quickly. Oh my.

Holy fuck.

"I don't know how to use a gun!" Faith screamed indignantly over the intercom. "Why would I know how to use a gun?!"

Use gun anyway. On alien. Not that what I'm aiming at matters nearly as much as it should.

"I don't know how to use a gun!" you scream over the radio

>Learn fast.

"Why would I know how to use a gun?!"

>Power fantasies? A manly security blanket?

With an exasperated sigh you lean around the corner and bring your finger up like a gun at the metal sentinel. The alien machine is shifting whats left of it's mass into a new form, a long cylinder surrounded by rapidly rotating pyramids. It's vibrations have steadied and are building again.  [Conventional weapons roll: 5-2] Your shot hisses by the whirling machine, grazing it but doing no apparent damage. It continues to charge, unimpeded, and the vibrations are so violent you feel them in your skull.

BTW: Faith's handlaser has 47 seconds of battery life left, Feyri's rifle has 18 seconds left.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 10:28:37 pm by piecewise »

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 07, 2012, 10:30:58 pm »

Stay huddled in corner, if it comes into the room fire at it with gauss rifle.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 10:34:23 pm by Scelly9 »
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 07, 2012, 10:33:09 pm »

Hide behind wall until explosion passes.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 07, 2012, 10:33:39 pm »

Milno:

"Uh...people, I think I just found an alien weapon."

Peek through the door and try to use the pyramid-thing against the sentinel, shooting at it. If the alien weapon is not made for ranged attacks, just shoot at him with my laser gun.

((I'm not going to shout anything, by the way. Did I already mention the "we mean no harm" while powersliding and shooting was the best action so far in this RTD? Especially because of the "no harm" part.))
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 10:35:51 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 07, 2012, 10:41:15 pm »

"This is for you! Jim! Sorry alien, but I really meant no harm! My weapon, however, did."

((Requesting character inventory for Jim and maybe for Ivan  :P

Time to commandeer their weaponry!))

Fire two four second bursts at the alien sentinel.

"To arms, my friends! We shall not die like the scum we are!"

'Wait, that came out wrong...'

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Feyri : Badass.
« Reply #266 on: April 07, 2012, 10:52:04 pm »

((Where is the pre-edit "DIE MUTHAFUCKA" attitude?))
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #267 on: April 07, 2012, 11:01:27 pm »

You scuttle into a corner and train your rifle on the door, whimpering a bit between calling out death threats to any and all non-human lifeforms.

Hide behind wall until explosion passes.
"Yeah, shooting isn't quite my thing." you think as you dive back into the room and cover your head, vaguely aware that covering your head will have about as much effect as stopping a brick with tissue paper.

Milno:

"Uh...people, I think I just found an alien weapon."

Peek through the door and try to use the pyramid-thing against the sentinel, shooting at it. If the alien weapon is not made for ranged attacks, just shoot at him with my laser gun.

((I'm not going to shout anything, by the way. Did I already mention the "we mean no harm" while powersliding and shooting was the best action so far in this RTD? Especially because of the "no harm" part.))
You peek around the doorway and into the hall, aiming the rapidly spinning pyramid as best you can at the metal sentinel. [exotic weapon roll: 5-1] The pyramid is nothing but a metallic blur as you line it up and then, without the slightest jerk, pull or feeling of any kind, it stops dead. This surprising you to the point that you shift your aim slightly, causing the resulting unknown force to tear a molten trench across the north wall and vaporise only a few of the spinning peripheral bits of the machine. The machine's rotations become unstable and jerks wildly, the cylinder struggling to stay level. You realize an instant after firing that you're aiming in the same general direction that Feyri is occupying.

"This is for you! Jim! Sorry alien, but I really meant no harm! My weapon, however, did."

((Requesting character inventory for Jim and maybe for Ivan  :P

Time to commandeer their weaponry!))

Fire two four second bursts at the alien sentinel.

"To arms, my friends! We shall not die like the scum we are!"

'Wait, that came out wrong...'
You lean around the corner and bring your rifle to bear on the sentinel when you notice Milno pointing that weird pyramid of his in your general direction. [Intuition roll: 6+1] Oh crap, he's been possessed by aliens and is trying to kill you. [Dex roll: 6] You grab jim and hurl yourself out of the way,flinging the both of you across the room and into the wall with considerable force. [End roll:4] You grunt as the pain of your leg resurges with the new pain of bouncing against the wall, but grit your teeth and carry on, trying to subdue it. [pain:-1 on next roll]
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 11:05:06 pm by piecewise »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 07, 2012, 11:05:53 pm »

((Oh wow. How did that happen with a 5-1? If friendly fire comes from a 4, I'm just glad I didn't roll any worse.))

Milno:

"Uh...that was not quite what I was expecting. Sorry about that Feyri. On the bright side, you are still alive."

Shoot at the sentinel with the laser rifle.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 11:08:10 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 07, 2012, 11:09:30 pm »

Suppress pain. Induce Martial Healing. Examine room and use Intuition to check what Jim is thinking.

Commandeer the weapon that Jim is holding, that was always there hanging limply in his arms.

"Faith! If you can hear me, check if Milno hasn't been brainwashed! I'll be...staying back here and watching for...enemies.

Ivan, can you hear me? What is your status?"
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 1256