Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3943583 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Feyri : Worst Medic
« Reply #225 on: April 07, 2012, 12:51:17 pm »

Attempt to form dodecahedron into pyramid. If that fails, continue exploring rooms.
You retrieve the artifact from your bag and carefully manipulate it into a pyramid shape. Nothing seems to happen and it rests in your hand like any ordinary piece of metal. [intuition roll:6] There must be something different about Milno's pyramid, something thats not in yours. Maybe yours is a building material and his is a Tool, or a weapon? Maybe his can change shapes too?

Milno:

"The worst part is that we may find even more traps here...I bet Jim was safer outside, which remembers me we should finish this soon or he'll die for good. Also, Feyri, if you wanna kiss Jim, wait until we leave this place."

Explore the next room.
When you guys say "the next room", I assume you mean the next unexplored room, ie this one

Correct? Since technically the "next one", distance wise, is either the one Feyri's in or the empty one with the inscription. 

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 07, 2012, 01:29:14 pm »

Milno:

"Hey Faith, you should take your piramid near the other. Maybe you are better with puzzles than me."

Follow Ivan into the unexplored rooom.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 01:33:36 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 07, 2012, 01:30:01 pm »

Try and explore a room, preferably one that we haven't explored yet.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #228 on: April 07, 2012, 01:58:57 pm »

Attempt to form dodecahedron into pyramid. If that fails, continue exploring rooms.
Milno:

"Hey Faith, you should take your piramid near the other. Maybe you are better with puzzles than me."

Follow Ivan into the unexplored rooom.

>>That pyramid is still hovering about 6 inches from your hand, if that wasn't clear. It's gonna stay there unless you can get it off somehow.

Try and explore a room, preferably one that we haven't explored yet.

Ivan, Faith and Milno walk farther to the east and turn into another room. The room itself is blank but not empty. Inside, hovering a few inches from the ground, is a large, diamond shaped, metal object. As they take a step towards it, it begins to...hum? They can't hear anything, and there's no atmosphere to allow sound, but they can feel it, vibrating in their bones. The vibration builds. [Intuition roll: Milno:3 Ivan:6+1 faith:2]

>Milno
You have a sneaking suspicion that that thing might be active, whatever it is.

>Ivan
You're pretty damn sure that thing is active and probably unfriendly. It might be some sort of alien timebomb or tachyon field emitter...wait aren't tachyons non-existent? 

>Faith
You haven't a clue what to make of that thing.

The Diamond shaped thing suddenly moves or more transforms, shifting quickly between several configurations of geometric patterns, folding in upon itself and then blooming out into strange arrays of exaggerated pyramids, nested cubes, and interlocking spheres. It finally stops as a strange, merged form of thin rectangular sections orbiting about a pyramid with its point aimed directly at the group. The vibration builds to a numbing height.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 02:00:55 pm by piecewise »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 07, 2012, 02:08:32 pm »

Milno: ((Oh fuck.))

Just dodge and escape the room. Now.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 02:12:15 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 07, 2012, 02:51:39 pm »

My intuition tells me this will be highly entertaining.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #231 on: April 07, 2012, 03:19:54 pm »

My intuition tells me this will be highly entertaining.
Heh, we shall see. Have to wait for all of them to take their turns though, since this all has to happen at the same time.

Feel free to bet tokens amongst yourselves about who will survive.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 07, 2012, 03:24:53 pm »

((My rolls have been mostly shitty. So if any of us rolls an one, does it mean death? Jim only had his lower half removed.))
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 07:13:00 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #233 on: April 07, 2012, 03:33:55 pm »

((My rolls have been mostly shitty. So if any of one rolls an one, does it mean death? Jim only had his lower half removed.))
It depends on the circumstance. A one isn't (usually) instant death, but it will put you in a very bad situation. It all kinda depends on the situation, the weapons used, other rolls, your defenses, etc. Still, that MK I suit doesn't have the self sealing that the Mk II does so any puncture is basically death in this climate...so yeah, try not to get hit.

Mission death that is, like jim. As long as someone brings your remains back and your brain survives, there's a good chance of being revived. Just be aware that revival may have some penalties, depending on the rolls.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 03:36:01 pm by piecewise »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 07, 2012, 03:47:34 pm »

RUN FOR IT
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 07, 2012, 06:00:52 pm »

Get out of that room!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #236 on: April 07, 2012, 06:34:23 pm »

Get out of that room!
RUN FOR IT
Milno: ((Oh fuck.))

Just dodge and escape the room. Now.

Faith, Ivan and Milno all scramble to get out of the room and as far away from the ominous looking metal sentinel as possible. [dex rolls: Faith 4+1. Ivan 2. Milno 5.]

Faith and Milno have no problems sprinting from the room and around the corner, running west down the main hall. Ivan turns to run but stumbles, running into the corner of the doorway before righting himself. As he steps into the hall the doorway and the wall beyond it glow white hot and explode outward as some unseen force burns a perfectly round, 2 meter hole through where the team used to be. Molten metal sprays from the superheated surfaces and partially coats Ivan's left leg and arm, harding nearly instantaneously and rendering his  knee and elbow joints immovable. He falls heavily to the ground.

As Ivan attempts to stand, the metallic sentinel drifts gently through the ruined doorway and into the hall. The familiar vibrations begin again.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 07, 2012, 06:39:24 pm »

"Need some help over here!"
Scramble into another room, trying to spot a weak point in the sentinel.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 07, 2012, 06:48:15 pm »

"THE PYRAMID! TRY SOMETHING WITH THE PYRAMID!" Faith shouted, jumping into the room it had been resting in and withdrawing her own dodecahedron. Glancing out of the room, she held it out in front of her, hoping for any change in the sentry.

If not, she ducked back into her room, hoping it was a hidey-hole and not a dead end.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 07, 2012, 07:10:37 pm »

Milno:

Follow Faith and...uh...try something with the piramid. Intuition, go!

((Now I think we should wait for Tiruin/Feyri's post, because we may need someone who can shoot a gun in this scenario.))
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 1256