Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 651 652 [653] 654 655 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3945278 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Civilians killed:0 (!)
« Reply #9780 on: November 26, 2012, 11:12:48 pm »

"Yeah Simus, I can sympathize. Still, as long as they don't kill civilians and perform when we actually need them to, I can live with these sorts of shenanigans. As you well know, they could be doing a lot worse."

That said, Kyle steps a few paces away from the crazy fourth-wall breaking May.

"Stop trying to act like you're some rational deity. Your avatar is fucking Luigi. *Blink* I'll stop now, don't want the whole thing collapsing." May dutifully prepared the fourth wall.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9781 on: November 26, 2012, 11:13:39 pm »

((Quick, someone take cover behind themself!))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9782 on: November 26, 2012, 11:20:32 pm »

Thomas turns around, crouches down, and puts his hands on Mays shoulders, trying to stop her from miming the construction of a wall.
"Uh... May? Sure you're doing alright?"

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #9783 on: November 26, 2012, 11:22:05 pm »

Does anyone have any idea whatsoever about May is on about?
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9784 on: November 26, 2012, 11:28:45 pm »

Sending a private wristpad message to Simus, Kyle replied,

"Honestly, May seems like she isn't all there, if you know what I mean. She reminds me of an incident from back home when someone painted a pony light green and just left it in the middle of the city. It was out of place to the point that it was all you could do not to stop and stare in disbelief. The whole thing was just so... wrong."
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 11:31:25 pm by Nicholas1024 »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9785 on: November 26, 2012, 11:38:15 pm »

Sending a private wristpad message to Simus, Kyle replied,

"Honestly, May seems like she isn't all there, if you know what I mean. She reminds me of an incident from back home when someone painted a pony light green and just left it in the middle of the city. It was out of place to the point that it was all you could do not to stop and stare in disbelief. The whole thing was just so... wrong."

"I like green ponies."

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #9786 on: November 26, 2012, 11:49:05 pm »

Quote from: Simus; To: Kyle; RE: May
Yeah, the fact she's not all there is effectively a foregone conclusion, after all, have you seen her without a suit on? She's not... natural (Though I'm one to talk), and whatever could make or leave a human body like that would undoubtedly have effects on the psychological health of the person.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9787 on: November 27, 2012, 02:31:55 am »

Team C - Feyri Nirel ; Armored Mercenary ; Water Production

"I'll...just check the water now." Feyri said, now in control of her own impulses.

Check ye Water Supply//Any valves or meters showing the condition of the water supply. If not possible or none is sighted - then inspect the bodies for cause of death.

Spoiler: Team C (click to show/hide)

The machines have been checked so you decide to move on to the slightly less sensitive clientèle of the corpses. The bodies look to be  extremely emaciated, but otherwise uninjured and with no sign of sickness. Your best guess is that they died of starvation.

Miyamoto, Team C leader, Water production
Spoiler: Team C (click to show/hide)

On Command channel: 'Ok, we've deposited the survivor in the APC, be sure to stuff other survivors accordingly.'

'Ok team, I think we're about ready here. Just gonna check the equipment real quick, and then it's on to the Trading Storage.'

Inspect machinery for possible damage or other noteworthy stuff (such as lights indicating part of the facility is flooded). If nothing is found, head over to Trading Storage and check the door.
Everything looks good here so you head to the trading storage and check the door. The panel seems active and unlocked, but you don't open the door yet.

Name:Flint/Bloody Miner - Team C - Water production

"WHERE'S THE GIRL!? I KNOW YOU AND THE UKRAINIAN BOBSLED TEAM TOOK HER! SO WHERE IS SHE, IVAN VON STROGANOFF?!" You shake the delirious man by the collar of his overalls.

@Feyri:"Hey, I loved that film! Finally, a young woman who appreciates the classics!"

"Teams, did you hear what that man was saying? I think we now know with certainty one of the factions of the riot: the miners. I don't think I'll be making any friends with the locals in this suit. I think I should stay in the back and out of sight from now on until hostiles appear."

Return to the water production room and examine the room for anything besides machinery and dead bodies.

((Also, civilians saved:1 (!!!) ))
There are some completely empty cargo containers with empty bottles of water and cartons of food scattered around them as well as what could only be described as a makeshift latrine; ie a large container filled with...waste. Seems like they've been living here for quite  while.

Team D Leader Faith, Oxygen Production

Faith shook her head.

"Apparently everyone in Oxygen Production killed themselves because they were afraid the rioters were going to get in and kill them. Or they killed themselves before that could happen and then the rioters got in, didn't touch anything, and welded it shut themselves.

In any case, supposedly something real bad went down in Food Production. 'Bodies hanging from the rafters,' among other things. We're headed there now, so I guess we'll see for ourselves in a minute."

Examine the food and water, then head to the entrance of Food Production.

"Teams, did you hear what that man was saying? I think we now know with certainty one of the factions of the riot: the miners. I don't think I'll be making any friends with the locals in this suit. I think I should stay in the back and out of sight from now on until hostiles appear."
"And no, what was the man saying?"
The food and water are in cargo containers like before, metal boxes stuffed with square water bottles and boxes of preserved food wrapped in plastic. They're all untouched.

You turn and leave, walking back down toward farming and food production. You only get a few feet down the hall. The door to farming and food production is open and the area beyond it is aglow with blinding artificial sunlight. Scattered at the base of the doors are a dozen bodies, all wearing green overalls.

((I am very bad at consistently updating))
pancaek - team C - water production

Why can't we just burn the entire place to the ground and be done with it, jeez

Inspect the room for any hidden messages/buttons/valuables, then follow team
You don't see anything particularly secretive or special that hasn't been seen already.

I wish I could tell you, but Command isn't telling us anything that does not directly pertain to getting survivors on APCs. Anyways, they've arrived and there's already a survivor aboard, from our radio chatter, so we're ready to go when you and your group are.

Also, fair warning, they might not take kindly to you guys being armed and all, even with civilian-caliber stuff.

Continue the so far successful diplomacy.
The man sniffs. "Yeah. I bet they don't." He takes a long look at you, specifically you helmet. "Bet they can see me through there eh?" He gestures at your camera. "Fine. We'll come out peacefully, just let me get the others." He turns to go before looking back at you. "You're not here looking for the governors are you?"

Stacy, Team C Physimancer, Water Production.

"One fellow saved! Smashing success, I think! On to Trading Storage!"

Go on to Trading Storage. Look at door. Determine if it can be opened without use of excessive force or physics-bending.
Looks like it could be opened without issue: the panel is still functional and isn't locked.

Lars continued to pray and chant quietly to himself.

Consider what this colony could have been for, given the high priority in reclaiming it.

"Deeper....Deeper...you killed...you killed..."

((Holy shit, this IS a dwarf fortress!))
[int:2-1]
You make a sound like a cow in heat. You make it over and over.

[Team B Leader=Milno]

Milno once again uses his comms to communicate only with the team, remembering about a feature of his suit he hadn't tried so far.

"If the man starts to get frisky, let me handle it. I got a paralyzing gas system integrated to my helmet I never tested before. If anything, at least he'll get woozy and easier to subdue without killing him in the process."

Waaaait. If the man gets truly aggressive, move in front of him, using the cloak to block any gauss bullets, and spit the paralyzing gas on his face.

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)
You wait, keeping ready if things should go south. You hope that spray system works after all this time, especially with these armor plates on it.

[Team B Sniper: Thomas: Milno]
Watch and wait. If the man goes aggresive, Thomas pulls May and himself to cover, given there is some. If there isn't any, he shields her with his own body.

You do a little watching and a lot of waiting.

[Team B = Albino = May, With Thomas]

Hide behind Thomas, keep MFM aimed at the man.

You hide while aiming the MFM at the man. Never mind the fact that aiming a MFM is entirely useless.

Wonder where HMRC convicts learned to be diplomatic.
Clearly it's some sort of aberration.

Hide behind May hiding behind Thomas, try to convince Thomas to take cover behind somebody else and someone to take cover behind me.
You continue to continue to continue to hide.

Jim takes cover behind Mesk, since he's asking someone to. (:P)
You join the conga line.

((Robot sandwich... Gotta remember that one... Also, the dreaded speech roll strikes again!!))

"Well, all the machines here seem to be working just fine so the weld did the job, and the filters need to be changed in a week but other than that, it's all in the green here. Let's move on, there's nothing else here that we need to bother with."

To food production! Prepare for the worst.
You follow Faith to Food production and stop when she does. Oh dear, that doesn't look good.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #9788 on: November 27, 2012, 02:36:06 am »

(Woah, it's going successfully!  Go us!  (Cue TPK))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9789 on: November 27, 2012, 03:24:19 am »

Wait for team to catch up, then enter Trading Storage. Examine room and scan with thermal vision once entered.

'Okay, let's keep moving, halfway through this level already.'

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9790 on: November 27, 2012, 03:57:58 am »

Bishop was silent for a moment before turning to Faith.

"...Well that doesn't look good. What now, fearless leader? Do we push on ahead or wait for the others?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9791 on: November 27, 2012, 04:19:52 am »

Team D Leader Faith, Hall to Farming and Food Production

Faith sighed.

"Good question. I'd like to say that it's over now, but really, if we're going to run into trouble on this floor, this'll probably be the place.

Of course, if there are armed lunatics holed up in there, it'd at least mean they didn't bomb their own food supply or something equally insane, so that'd actually be a plus."

She sighed again.

"So yeah, I guess we should wait for everyone."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9792 on: November 27, 2012, 04:31:52 am »

"Mmh, yes." Jobasio thoughtfully eyed the doors ahead. "Looks like quite a killing field. Who knows whether the killers are still lying in wait on the other side, but it is always best to be safe."
He hefted his rifle and glanced about the surroundings, stepping smartly to one side.

>Find cover in the hall (or if there is none simply crouch to one side), aim gauss rifle at the doors to the Food Production area.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9793 on: November 27, 2012, 04:50:54 am »

"Sounds like the start of a plan, so ok then. I'll go get the others and see if I can reseal the doors to oxygen production so noone messes anything up in there when we leave it alone."

Head back to oxygen production and direct everyone to Faith. Make sure everyone leaves then shut the doors and see if I can seal them off somehow, possibly by sabotaging the opening computer/mechanism.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #9794 on: November 27, 2012, 05:26:37 am »

Team B - Lukas - Oxygen production

Lukas makes his way to Food production after Bishop returns to seal the doors to Oxygen production. He stares at the bodies scattered at the base of the door for a moment before turning to Faith. "You want me to go in first? I can take a punch better than you do."

If Faith gives permission, enter the food production area (avoid stepping on bodies and take cover the best I can), while saying "Hello, anyone there? We come in peace, but I will return fire if necessary." Activate laser droids if someone attacks.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 05:28:10 am by Prosperus »
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.
Pages: 1 ... 651 652 [653] 654 655 ... 1256