Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 608 609 [610] 611 612 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3951733 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Choosing teams
« Reply #9135 on: November 18, 2012, 12:23:16 pm »

(@Tir: Either he's referring to the 'spooning' style of sleeping - which does have minor sexual connotations - or the Tick - which is so old I'm surprised anyone still remembers it - but other than that, he's just trying to dig at me by implying Jim is a jealous boyfriend who'll hurt any man who so much as looks at Feyri, let alone talks to her or gives her something. I'd ignore it if I were you.)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 12:39:52 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9136 on: November 18, 2012, 12:29:27 pm »

Stacy turns to Pancaek once more.

"Maybe a monoatomic scoop? That's kind of a spoon. You could just swing it and then SCOOP! Off with the head! Or some other body part. Could work for harvesting body parts, if you're into that kind of thing. Just line the edges with filaments."

Stacy sincerely hoped he was getting the "sick and twisted" part of being a convict right. He'd hate to stick out in the crowd.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9137 on: November 18, 2012, 12:41:47 pm »

((Nah, you got it right the first time: Spooning, as defined by Urban Dictionary! I really need to stop posting now. :P Sleepytime for me.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9138 on: November 18, 2012, 12:59:10 pm »

"You'd be suprised what you can do with a bit of metal, plastic or bone if you have the right know how. Innmates have been using stuff like spoons, toothbrushes, bones from meals and whatever they can get their hands on for weapons for as long as anyone can remember. Just takes a bit of imagination and paitence is all."

"Ahhh, I understand now... These suits conduct electricity really well, which makes stuff like a sabre not really safe to use at all. Just don't ask how much physical force they can take, you're better off not knowing."

Bishop glances over his shoulder at the others and then takes off his helmet, leans closer to Feyri and looks at her intently.

"Listen. It's all in your mind. You can't really feel anything missing, it's just you knowing that bits of you have been replaced that's causing the feeling. You'll get used to it, don't worry."

He sits back straight and sighs, rubbing his eyes for a few seconds.

"To be honest with you, I think you're lucky. With you its all mental, with me it's another thing entirely. I mean, you get used to the feeling of something as basic as pain, so much so that you anticipate it before it hits and even welcome it at times because it means you're still alive. But when it's gone, you start to realise that you sort of... miss it, I guess? It's an interesting feeling, reacting to pain that never comes, I mean I still flinch when expecting injury, even though I know I won't feel anything." He scratches behind his ear and then leans in with his head turned to the side, pointing at a faint line of skin running down the side of his head. "Take this for example. You might need to look hard to see it, but it's the only reminder of my previous bout of therapy. I literally had my skin peeled off and all my blood replaced in my entire body while concious and under a paralysing agent to stop me moving, it was supposed to be a painkiller I think but it didn't work, and I went through the kind of pain you have trouble imagining for I don't know how long.

Then when the therapy was done I realised couldn't feel any pain at all, no painkillers used, just the therapy and enough glue to keep my skin in place. I was moving around and everything and feeling perfectly fine, no shit. It's only now that I realise I may have given up a part of what made me human in exchange for trying to stay alive... I'm not sure what to think about that..."

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9139 on: November 18, 2012, 01:17:02 pm »

((I'm with Milno's team, not Jim's.))

"Alright then Milno, I won't challenge your spot as leader this time around.", Kyle responded with a rueful smile. "That said, I'm willing to take point for this mission. If there's any civilians still alive here, I'd like to try to keep them that way. Besides, since I'm already mostly robotic, any limbs I lose are ultimately replaceable.

Anyway, what's the plan?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9140 on: November 18, 2012, 01:18:29 pm »

Pre-mission

Feyri resisted the urge to say that Bishop was pointing at his suit - covering the wound, but his words could describe the area better than her vision-thru-the-visor could.

Inside, she couldn't help but feel that Bishop wasn't getting what she was trying to tell. They never will...Only Faith did.

"They've removed your basic sense of pain, dulling your nerve receptors...At the least, you won't feel any ant or mosquito bites. Or your hair burning for that matter...

"Hey, at least I can slap you with impunity whenever you make a snide joke!"

She looked down for a moment before turning back to face him with a serious expression.

"B-but I didn't even think that your...blood was all replaced, including tampering of your body. I'm...sorry I asked Bishop." She put a hand to his. "I hope this doesn't hurt."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9141 on: November 18, 2012, 01:54:02 pm »

((Jobasio had joined Faith's team via coin flip, I thought?))
Sorry, fixed.

Bishop shrugged and walked over to stand near Faith.

"I'm going with Faith and this newbie here, figure they could use someone who can fly and stuff. I can also fix broken down equipment we come across using Faith's kit, since there was probably something important broken in the riots somewhere.

Is there anything we should be on the lookout for when it comes to hazards? Any robots or special cases of equipment and explosives, stuff like that?"

Team up with Faith and Joe. Ask the man questions.
"Nothing that we know of."

"So, a yes to everything except field manipulators. Plus there are explosives."

Stacy sighs. This is going to be fun, yessir.

"Have you received any distress calls from inside recently? For instance, somebody desperately pleading for help while there's the sound of something horrible happening in the background? Anything like that?"

Paranoid sons of guns probably rigged the whole complex with mines. Hooray for him.

Stacy is suddenly distracted from his train of thought by somebody speaking to him.

Alright, are any of you comfortable with the team groupings?" Feyri said as she included her introduction to Miyamoto and Stacy. "Furthurmore, what is on your person and what are your niches? I'm expecting something biological, anything that can spread from organic to organic, and even test synthetic material. Possibly, psychological factors. Don't let anything frighten you and believe in your teammates. Most of all, believe in yourselves - you are soldiers of the HMRC and are part of humanity's finest applicants for this job."

He remains silent.

"Most of all, believe in yourselves - you are soldiers of the HMRC and are part of humanity's finest applicants for this job."

"...humanity's finest applicants for this job."

He isn't sure why, but he can't help but be incredibly amused at that last bit.

Resist urge to laugh maniacally over comm to Feyri.
"As I said, already, perhaps multiple times, no. We have received no additional calls from the facility."

"I'll listen to y-your orders J-Jim"
Bruce perked up at the mention of mines
"M-M-Mines f-fuck this is g-gonna end r-real baddly"
Remember what mineslook like.
Mines are terrible places, massive, geometric honeycombs of repeating tunnels and shafts, a black maze.

'I'm good with manipulators and tech-related bussines. And I'm average with guns and medical things. And, of course, I have this suit, which comes with its own perks.

By the way, I don't know about you, but I'm planning on bringing back as many civilians as I can. And I won't tolerate needless violence against non-combatants. I'm not accusing anyone of anything, but I've seen the mision logs from that psychopath-hunt, and it seems some convicts don't regard human life very highly. Just saying...

Besides that, I try to be a bit of a team player. Making the sure the Team is operating efficiently and that it co-operates with each other is what I strife to achieve. I usually seem to fail at this, though.'

To the people still not assigned to a squad: 'We still need something of a medic in here. Are there any left?'

Familiarize myself with the suit while talking. Manouver around a bit, go over all the subsystems, go through available vision modes etc.
[aux:5+1]
Lets see here...Kinetic amps in hands, not activated, electrical discharge system, yep, ejection seat, sure, Anti-boarding explosives , check, thermal and motion tracking, yeah. Overdrive too, yep yep.

"I'm not letting you have all the fun alone, Chompers."

Go stand with Miyamoto

'Ah yes, Pancaek, how good you could join us. You did a good job on that last mission, glad to have you on board.

By the way, that UWM guy told us we need to 'elect a leader for our squad'. Are we really gonna do that? Seems a bit formal to me.

Over the radio to UWM person: 'You mentioned there are 7 levels in this colony. Would you mind goving us the maps to the next levels, so that we can plan ahead accordingly?'
"You will not need them. You will have your orders about how to take the current level and then, once it is secure, we will give you the next level's map and new orders."
"Looks like it's all just what I used to do, before I got sent here. Blowing away rebel scumbags. Virus? Boom! Contamination removed. Safety? Yeah.......... BOOM! Fuck these rebels are going to learn a bit here."

Have a look for spare spots on the team. Turn on kinetic amp.

"Yep, I'm up for it if any of you poor bastards need a medic. I've got some "bandages" and some gaffer-tape. Ignore the stains on both of 'em. Oi, Faith, you need a backup head-kicker? Or medic? Or whatever.This looks like a gun-fixed problem to me anyway."

Turn to the UWM member and ask: "Hey boss, do you want them safe, alive, uninfected or what? Can we just make sure it's safe for you? I mean, them's the orders."
Looks like there are open spots on all the teams, except jim's.

"If there are compliant, non-combatants then place them in the Personnel carrier, as we already said. Do not worry about singling out which are infected or not, if they're not attacking you, detain and transport them. If they are, subdue them however you think necessary. "

Check if my suit has an external voice amplifier, like a bullhorn or something.

((Just remembered May has an intimidation bonus. :3))

Well...you have a speaker to the outside and you have volume control. Thats a thing.

uh oh. We only have 19 people. how did that happen? Um. Hold on, we're gonna retro flint.

Teams (final chance to change)

A
Jim
Simus
Bruce
Mesk
Ashley

B
Milno
Lars
May
Thomas
kyle

C
Miyamoto
Stacy
Feyri
Pancaek
Flint

D
Faith
Jackinthebox
Bishop
lukas
sambo

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9142 on: November 18, 2012, 01:55:53 pm »

We'll have you start here in just a bit, if you have anything to do etc.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9143 on: November 18, 2012, 01:59:07 pm »

((Yay for getting insulted before the mission starts on my assumed leadership! XD

Yay for also leading a whole team of newbies - which I don't want to see die :/

Yay for them being ambivalent of all this. There is still hope![/allajoke]))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #9144 on: November 18, 2012, 02:00:01 pm »

Mesk glances at Jim when he mentions going first, the slightest concern in his voice.
"You sure about that, boss?  You might be able to replace your body, but your brain is still vulnerable.  One bad shock from an explosion and that's it, you're out.  Permanently.  If you're worried about minesweeping why not just use your amps to clear the floor wherever we go?  And if that doesn't work I think I can disarm any explosives that we find.  We'll just have to watch our step - all of our steps."
Ready to move out.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9145 on: November 18, 2012, 02:03:51 pm »

((Yay for getting insulted before the mission starts on my assumed leadership! XD

Yay for also leading a whole team of newbies - which I don't want to see die :/

Yay for them being ambivalent of all this. There is still hope![/allajoke]))

Are you leading? I have Miyamoto leading that group.

Well, work it out.

Mesk glances at Jim when he mentions going first, the slightest concern in his voice.
"You sure about that, boss?  You might be able to replace your body, but your brain is still vulnerable.  One bad shock from an explosion and that's it, you're out.  Permanently.  If you're worried about minesweeping why not just use your amps to clear the floor wherever we go?  And if that doesn't work I think I can disarm any explosives that we find.  We'll just have to watch our step - all of our steps."
Ready to move out.
You get into an expectant pose.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #9146 on: November 18, 2012, 02:06:06 pm »

"You will not need them. You will have your orders about how to take the current level and then, once it is secure, we will give you the next level's map and new orders."

"Yes, of course, this means you are 100% sure that nothing on the other floors can affect the floor we will be on? I mean, it is completely unneccesary to know what lies ahead and could potentially give the rebels backup."

"I already miss murderbot"

Flick on the pilot light and stand at attention

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9147 on: November 18, 2012, 02:08:44 pm »

((Aw, no will roll. Well, let's assume it was a 3 - barely restrained chuckling, then.))

"So, who is going to be the leader of the squad? I vote for the man in the battlesuit. He sounds nice and reasonable. And he has a battlesuit! I'd always vote for the fellow in the battlesuit, given half the chance."

Follow whoever becomes the leader of the Spoon Squad.

"So, if we're the reconnaissance squad, where do we reconnoiter first?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9148 on: November 18, 2012, 02:17:09 pm »

"Anyway, what's the plan?"

Milno flips Simus off quite nonchalantly and shifts his gaze to Kyle. "I'll probably take the vanguard with you, but with a little of space between us. I can keep myself a few inches off the ground with the suit's pods."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9149 on: November 18, 2012, 02:23:00 pm »

Thomas walks a bit closer to Milno.
"What about me and May?"
Pages: 1 ... 608 609 [610] 611 612 ... 1256