Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 567 568 [569] 570 571 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3945640 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 7: A storm is coming.
« Reply #8520 on: October 24, 2012, 12:36:59 pm »

(( Do I still have one? I don't have my bag and I ditched my suit once it got torn to pieces. ))

((Oh, right. Erm, wait a minute, I'll fix it. 'Fix' it.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #8521 on: October 24, 2012, 01:36:51 pm »

whisper:"I think shit is gonna hit the fan. But hey, maybe they're friendly...-ish."

Get behind Miyamoto and cover his back, keeping my rifle ready without making it too obvious, in case they organibots aren't hostile (yet)

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8522 on: October 24, 2012, 03:31:50 pm »

((What site is rise of Hyperion on? or is it still being made?))

((The original small RP was started here on B12, based on my old Scifi work. When it became popular we exported it to our Pixelsgame.org website but we took it down some time ago because Ashton1993 was joining the RAF, I was too ill to write consistently, and PyroDesu was too busy with school. Right now I'm just reworking it via Skype with a few Scifi-obsessed B12ers who are fellow Lovecraft & Warhammer fans between our games of Civ V and SS13 :P Will be re-releasing the new version on B12 soon enough.))

((I think I'll put up a Wiki so random folks can easily learn about it because right now I don't have any of its material online specifically to avoid people stealing my work, which means when someone asks about the project its less a coherent stream of information and more a mixed up jumble as I try to explain the fact that its actually a dozen or more storylines in succession that span across a vast multiverse, involving thousands of alien species, cultures, and the gradual progression of Humanity's story among the stars in a very dark and convoluted stellar battlefield. :) Darkseed: Asphyxia, Darkseed: Annihilation, Desolatus, Rise of Hyperion (RoH), Anarchy: Unlimited (A:U), Datastream: Rise of the Machine God, The Ach'remoc Dominion, Voidwalker Saga, and more. So, I think I should go put up that Wiki. >_>))
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8523 on: October 24, 2012, 03:39:42 pm »

((awesome.))

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8524 on: October 24, 2012, 03:53:13 pm »

((Anyway, if anyone wants to throw ideas around, discuss scifi, or play a game together, just shoot me a PM ^_^ Ship thread, ho!))
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8525 on: October 24, 2012, 03:57:05 pm »

"Guys, stop with the rifles, unless you want to start a fight in here."  Roger walks with Miyamoto.  "These must be the ones that make the other robots."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8526 on: October 24, 2012, 04:22:32 pm »

(( Do I still have one? I don't have my bag and I ditched my suit once it got torn to pieces. ))
You are literally naked, the only thing you're wearing is your wristpad. No lights, no light amps, no radio, not nothing.

Miyamoto grabs both Leon and Bishop by the arms and drags them away as the rest of the team follows, weapons at the ready but not actually pointing them at anything. They cluster into a group an stalk forward slowly, resisting the urge to open fire or run screaming as the organic robots slowly follow for a while before breaking off and going elsewhere. High above, the mechanical arm picks one of the war bots off the wall and zips off down toward the entrance with it. Eventually it becomes far too dark to use the light amps and everyone switches over to the suit lamps, beams of powerful light slicing out into the dark and illuminating small sections of arrayed machines on the walls.

Eventually the group reaches a solid wall with 4 large openings in it. It looks as though the openings all lead to the same hall behind the wall though, so perhaps the wall is simply structural. As the team considers architecture a large, flat bed vehicle rumbles quietly through one of the opening's in the wall; 4 sets of wheels carrying a metal bed on which rest a war bot , curled up and offline. The flatbed trundles off and away without slowing or even seeming to notice the group.

((Anyway, if anyone wants to throw ideas around, discuss scifi, or play a game together, just shoot me a PM ^_^ Ship thread, ho!))

I'll help you with ideas if you need any, though mine are always kinda strange, if you haven't noticed so far.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8527 on: October 24, 2012, 04:27:47 pm »

"I suggest we all use one door. No telling what might actually happen if we go through different doors in this place."

Follow the rest of the group
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 12:48:23 am by mesor »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #8528 on: October 24, 2012, 05:05:11 pm »

((PW, strange does not even begin to come close to what we discuss. Join us on Skype if you're interested.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8529 on: October 24, 2012, 06:15:09 pm »

((PW, strange does not even begin to come close to what we discuss. Join us on Skype if you're interested.))

((Let me put it this way... Nothing you can possibly suggest will be stranger than half the shit we have going on in my Scifi storyline. Alternate realities filled with degenerate monstrosities, horrific alien species, mind-controlling fungal parasites, an alien species that assimilates the body parts of its prey and are born by infecting the decaying corpses of the dead, the weirdest fucking organisms ever thanks to my love of Lovecraft, and more. We LOVE crazy-ass ideas, so bring it on! Warhammer-Lovecraft hybrid, ho!))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8530 on: October 24, 2012, 07:32:20 pm »

"This reminds me too much of my last mission... Damn dark..."

Thinking for a moment, Bishop nods at the archways.

"They probably have scanners on each one of those. Let's hitch a ride on the next flatbed, and see where it goes. Would at least give our legs a rest."

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8531 on: October 24, 2012, 07:41:07 pm »

"Could work... we would have to be careful though.  I agree about the doors though."  Roger inspects the flatbed to see if people could make it onto it while it is in motion.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8532 on: October 25, 2012, 12:43:44 am »

((Wait, wait, didn't that flatbed come out of the door, into the fog behind us? Or did I read that wrong?))

'You guys sure you want to trust these machines to co-operate in any way? I mean, whatever we're searching for, it can't be that much farther away.'

Try to see what's beyond these doors. Try not to be overrun by a flatbed robo-carrier. Hitch a ride if the rest of the Team does as well.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 01:20:08 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8533 on: October 25, 2012, 12:55:41 am »

((Dunno, anyway we have to go through one of these arches.))

"Has anyone got something to poke around in there with? Like a bit of rebar or something?"

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8534 on: October 25, 2012, 10:31:18 am »

go through one of the doors.

Pages: 1 ... 567 568 [569] 570 571 ... 1256