Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 541 542 [543] 544 545 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3946119 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 7:Playing with fire
« Reply #8130 on: October 06, 2012, 08:29:34 pm »

((Holy shit. That actually seemed to work.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8131 on: October 06, 2012, 09:00:57 pm »

((I love how hope appears in this situation.

Go newbies! I'm betting against the TPK!  :D))

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8132 on: October 06, 2012, 09:06:38 pm »

Continue moving forward, staying in open-air cover (AKA stay the fuck out of the buildings.)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8133 on: October 06, 2012, 09:34:08 pm »

((I love how hope appears in this situation.

Go newbies! I'm betting against the TPK!  :D))
((Too bad the by-product of an alien artifact that possessed a former teammate is now glowing inside him. Timmy MKII anyone?))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #8134 on: October 06, 2012, 09:50:28 pm »

(( to be fair, it could be worse. at least the artillery momentarily stopped. ))

((You start to hear another whistle.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8135 on: October 06, 2012, 10:42:02 pm »

((Shit, it's a homing missile. Those damn builders are responsible for this! I better not get hit, this suit conducts electricity into the wearer after all!))

"FUCK ME! IT'S HOMING!!"

Take off into full on flight for extra speed and weave down into streets and across the rooftops, trying to loose this damn electricity ball. Look for a large bot that I can trick this thing to run into or something!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8136 on: October 06, 2012, 11:30:50 pm »

((Oh shit your pods. Spark, BOOOOOOOOOOM. Buh bye Bishop.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8137 on: October 07, 2012, 12:35:03 am »

((I'm more concerned that it would just burn a hole right through me, which would actually be manageable due to my therapy, but it might just explode on contact with me which would be BAD. That and the suits channel electricity right into the user, which would kill me outright judging by the sheer amount of electricity heading at me.

It's not looking good...))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8138 on: October 07, 2012, 01:48:42 am »

radio:I...what in the hell...I'm coming to you; hold on...

stand up and stretch a bit, to see if everything is okay. If it is, go outside and, while staying low, join roger, Miyamoto and the rest of the merry gang

((I can't believe that worked...or did it?))
You get up, stretch to make sure everything is in order, and then head back outside and meet up with Miyamoto and his group.
"Try not to make it worse; broken ribs are like that.  Head outside and find Pancaek, inspect him to see how badly he is hurt.
You find pancaek as he leaves his building and give him a medical once over.
[med:2]
In your medical opinion: Eh?
Move back towards the entrance carefully and avoid being seen.
You hobble back to the front door as best you can, trying to be as stealthy as a one legged man clonking away on a metal pole can be.
Continue moving forward, staying in open-air cover (AKA stay the fuck out of the buildings.)
You reach the intersection of 8 and D without any ill effects or sudden robot attacks. About half way down the road between D and E is a blockade, a wall of debris from several felled buildings. You can see something, bipedal somethings, stalking around in the rubble, seeming to shimmer and flicker into and out of existence. To the left, toward 1 you see nothing and to the right toward 7 is pretty much nothing but smoke.
((Shit, it's a homing missile. Those damn builders are responsible for this! I better not get hit, this suit conducts electricity into the wearer after all!))

"FUCK ME! IT'S HOMING!!"

Take off into full on flight for extra speed and weave down into streets and across the rooftops, trying to loose this damn electricity ball. Look for a large bot that I can trick this thing to run into or something!
[aux:4]
You take a running leap off the side of the building and plunge down toward the street, activating your rockets just before hitting and skimming the ground before screaming off down the street. You tear down 8 to E and take a hard left down E toward 1, your exoskeleton scraping concrete and breaking glass as you skim the buildings, barely making the turn. Your teeth rattle and the g forces crush you as you plow straight through the intersection of 1 and E. You look back over your shoulder and see the thing thats pursuing you take the turn onto E toward 1. In the center of a maelstrom of electrical discharge, a hellish st.elmo's fire, is a robot, a barely visible chrome construct coated in what look like dozens of foot long spikes. As you watch two pairs of arms unfurl from it's body, each holding a spike, an electrified rod five foot long.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8139 on: October 07, 2012, 03:40:02 am »

((Right, it's not a missile, it a robot. A hunter, judging by the sheer power of the thing. SHIT!))

Bishop gritted his teeth as the g-forces strained his body. That thing was bad news and he couldn't take it on alone. He activated his radio, thinking quickly.

"I'm being chased by a damn hunter! Get into a firing position facing down B towards the intersection of 8 and B. I'll lead it to you from street 1 and we'll shoot it down! Don't get close to it if you can or you'll be fried by electricity!"

Pull up above the buildings and circle around so I'm heading down B towards the intersection of 8 and B, then dip down back to street level and fly right through the intersection and down B. Tell the team when I'm getting close so they are ready to shoot this thing down. When I'm above the buildings, fly in evasive manouvers if it tries to shoot at me.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #8140 on: October 07, 2012, 03:44:41 am »

Oh come on, I just got better!...fine

Get into position where bishop said, somewhat away from the rest of the team ,in cover. gun at the ready. Look towards where bishop is supposed to be coming from to try and get a look at the hunter.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8141 on: October 07, 2012, 04:07:00 am »

Continue heading for the entrance

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8142 on: October 07, 2012, 04:48:33 am »

Go down the least dangerous path.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8143 on: October 07, 2012, 06:34:43 am »

Keep running towards the target down D.

"I will..um just be over at the target."

((Well Jack left you behind.))
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 06:37:57 am by Tavik Toth »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8144 on: October 07, 2012, 06:37:40 am »

Bishop was fast losing paitence with the newbies.

"IF YOU DO NOT HELP, I WILL LURE IT BY EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU AND IT WILL FRY YOU IN YOUR SUITS AS IT FLYS BY! NOW GET READY TO SHOOT IT OR ELSE!"
Pages: 1 ... 541 542 [543] 544 545 ... 1256