Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 442 443 [444] 445 446 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944621 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Probably just my ****ing blood loss
« Reply #6645 on: August 19, 2012, 02:58:57 pm »

Oh.  . . .
Well, at least it means the Tower wasn't built as a place live in.
Still, we lost the Lighteater and his staff. But at least Thomas is no longer dominated by that 'ink'.
Oh, and I think that was Wyrm. ...Can anyone remind me, are we just explorers and nothing else, or are we supposed to establish diplomatic relations if we find an advanced alien civilization?

Move to treat Thomas. Work in concert with Faith and May, if that would help (and if they agree).
Faith, May, I think we should join our efforts if we want to save as much Thomas's body as possible. Oh, and can anyone find his helmet? He might need it.

(( Just re-read and - wait, doors? What did they seem to be made of? ))
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 03:08:36 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6646 on: August 19, 2012, 03:17:27 pm »

Go fix Thomas.

"Hey, you guys think I should go talk to the Lighteater?"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6647 on: August 19, 2012, 03:33:57 pm »

"I'll try to find his helmet."

If the lights are out inside the tower, use one lightstick or more and navigate to the place Thomas helmet was in, then bring it back.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6648 on: August 19, 2012, 03:39:51 pm »

Oh.  . . .
Still, we lost the Lighteater and his staff. But at least Thomas is no longer dominated by that 'ink'.
Oh, and I think that was Wyrm. ...Can anyone remind me, are we just explorers and nothing else, or are we supposed to establish diplomatic relations if we find an advanced alien civilization?

Move to treat Thomas. Work in concert with Faith and May, if that would help (and if they agree).
Faith, May, I think we should join our efforts if we want to save as much Thomas's body as possible. Oh, and can anyone find his helmet? He might need it.

Doorway, not door. No door, just a sort of open, rounded place to enter.

Oh.  . . .

[med:4+1]
You take a look at Thomas' wounds after Milno drops him next to you. You don't like the look of them, the injuries Chin inflicted are terrible; cut, brunt and exploded,  what was left of his arm and leg are bleeding like crazy, the surface area of the injury maximized by the shredding. Marrow and pulped bone mix with ruined muscle and sand to form a brown slurry over both wounds. You take the last bit of supplies from May's medkit and use them to disinfect the wound and scrub out some of the bone fragments and sand. Don't need those in his blood. That done you exhaust the remainder of your medifoam closing the wounds and use some of your own gauze to sure it up.

You wipe the sweat out of your eyes and take a deep breath.

"It's as good as it's gonna get. Even still, he might not make it. He's lost a lot of blood, not to mention fat embolisms or sepsis or any number of other things."

[thomas end:5]

You bend down and press your hear to his mouth before partially opening his suit and listening to his chest.

"He seems alright for now, stable at least, but his suit is still ruptured. He needs his helmet, at the very least."

Go fix Thomas.

"Hey, you guys think I should go talk to the Lighteater?"
Maurice seems to have it covered by the time you arrive, so you let him use your supplies rather then getting in the way.

"I'll try to find his helmet."

If the lights are out inside the tower, use one lightstick or more and navigate to the place Thomas helmet was in, then bring it back.
The lights in the tower are still active so finding Thomas's helmet is easy. You jog back with it as Maurice finishes up with the medical work. You put it back on him and lock the seals as Maurice closes the suit and uses pressure bandages to make the suit airtight or at least close to it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6649 on: August 19, 2012, 03:52:26 pm »

"Erm. Whoops."
Realising he was the only one still running, Charro turned around, somewhat sheepishly, and headed quickly back to the others.
"Oh hell, is he alright?" He frowned at Thomas's condition. Still, he looked better than when he was being devoured by weird shadowy stuff. 'That... probably means he's improving. Right?'

Charro stood about awkwardly, feeling useless.

>Return to group. Stand around. Offer moral support. Keep an eye on everyone.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6650 on: August 19, 2012, 03:54:32 pm »

"****. How does one apologize for those wounds? 'Sorry I ****ing maimed you to get an alien parasite outta you'?

And, uh, I think our ****ing fowards path is pretty much shredded?
"
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6651 on: August 19, 2012, 04:02:09 pm »

Charro glared disapprovingly at Chin.
"Hey now, I realise this has been a... Uh, pretty bad time for everyone involved, but there's no need for that kindof language!"
He waved an arm at the motley group gathered around Thomas's barbecued almost-corpse. "There are ladies present! Sort-of, anyway."
Booze is Life for Yoink

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6652 on: August 19, 2012, 04:07:38 pm »

(( God bless Medicine! I swear, I'll make a beaultiful large painting of her (in the mythical/symbolical sense of 'her') and hang it in the Rec Room (would've gone for a giant one, but there's no place for it, I'm afraid). Or maybe a sculpture?.. ))
Alright, we still need to get him back to shuttle as soon as possible. And I think we should decide now on the camping site where we'll be waiting for the Thomas rescue group. Are we still going to stay inside the Tower? Or maybe just outside? Or at the elevator station, where Travis should be waiting for us?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6653 on: August 19, 2012, 04:18:59 pm »

Chin looks at Charro with an incredulous look behind his faceplate, then sighs.

"Travis went forward? I guess then at least some of us need to catch up with him. And... I'd rather not stay at this ****ing tower of ****ing rods and sounds and rocks and Light-and-teammate-eaters."
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6654 on: August 19, 2012, 04:21:42 pm »

I think it might be best to rest at the elevator station, and yeah, even with your field healing, he does need stasis. I don't think there's anything that can be done in the field to really fix what's happened to him, only prolong his life until he gets real help.

Turn around and glare at the approaching Charro, hefting my monkey wrench as I do so.

If it weren't for the fact that we need every able-bodied person we could get on this team at the moment, this thing would currently be headed toward your face at a considerable velocity. Do that again, I may not be as lenient.

Put it away.

Now, if noone else volunteers, I'll be up for corpse, near-corpse, badly-mangled body, and/or people who want to assist with them team heading back to the shuttle. Again.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6655 on: August 19, 2012, 04:23:07 pm »

"~Thomas....Thoooomaasss~...."

Poke Thomas.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6656 on: August 19, 2012, 04:30:26 pm »

Charro raised his brows in an expression of hurt innocence at these terrible accusations.
"Why, I don't-... It was merely a precaution, miss! I couldn't have the team becoming seperated, you know, if it went all dark. I, uh, apologize whole-heartedly if my, erm, gesture was misinterpreted. Yes."

>Bat my eyes, wear my most angelic face and defend myself against these baseless charges of indecent assault. Whilst waiting for people to get their asses into gear.
Booze is Life for Yoink

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6657 on: August 19, 2012, 04:34:54 pm »

You're not really going to hide behind that crap, are you? It was nothing of the sort, and you know it. Now cut it out and remember not to even think about trying it again. Besides, singsong voice over there would probably be a lot more satisfactory to you.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6658 on: August 19, 2012, 04:41:31 pm »

((Posting, posting. >.>))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6659 on: August 19, 2012, 04:48:53 pm »

((PW: Which direction did the path get taken out at?))

"Well... that was utterly fascinating. It seems we understand this place even more poorly than we thought.

I suppose my preference would be for staying here and continuing to investigate, but with the team in its current state it wouldn't surprise me if I was needed. It'd also be nice to get a chance to talk to Steve again, bizarre as that sounds.

I'm also fine with staying at the tower. The crazy's already passed, to be blunt.

And I don't remember anything about first contact in our orders, but I do remember figuring out as much as we can, so I'd say that qualifies. Not that whatever rides the Wyrm, assuming that was the Wyrm, is likely to stop and pay us a visit."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 442 443 [444] 445 446 ... 1256