Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 440 441 [442] 443 444 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3945073 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Rock:3, HMRC:0
« Reply #6615 on: August 19, 2012, 12:18:48 am »

((An interesting notion that just hit me.

Does our success depend on the items we bring with us, or on the people who are in the mission? We've a random chance of being in the mission, and it seems pre-made...

Go survivors! I believe in you all!))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6616 on: August 19, 2012, 12:27:48 am »

. . .

Over the external speakers:

Dammit, Thomas, or whatever is in control of his body, that's our only way out of here!

Back on the radio:

I don't even want to begin to fabricate a thought about what's going to happen if we don't get out of here, NOW.

Get to Maurice and help him get along faster. Carry (Fireman's carry)/drag if it seems we're not getting away fast enough.

Come on, Doc, let's go!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 12:40:12 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6617 on: August 19, 2012, 12:57:00 am »

Charro put aside his dismay at losing his hatblade and instead ran after Simus, the crown of his hat still perched atop his helmet like some bizarre fez. He paused long enough to make sure everyone was getting out of the tower, and spoke over the comms:

"Everyone! Lights are going out down there, that's bad, so we really need to stick together! Getting lost and seperated in this place will kill us just as surely as any scary shadowy-Thomas! Stick within arm's reach of each other, and er, hold onto the person next to you."

>Flee from the tower with the others, suggest remaining in physical contact with each other incase of darkness.
>Totally not trying to cop a feel off female teammates with that plan. Cough.

>Also check and make sure everyone makes it out of the tower alright.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6618 on: August 19, 2012, 12:59:45 am »

Disturbed by Gorat's scream, Maurice cast a quick glance over the shoulder and came to halt.
An injured teammate.
I have my duty to perform, after all...
Hobble towards Gorat, unless he is moving/being moved out of the Tower - in that case just get out of this place too, for now.

I regret to say that slaying not-Thomas-thing seems the most effective way of saving him, especially since it seems we're finally about to seize the initiative. Hopefully whatever is controlling him will then leave the dead host, so that the remaining bits of him can later be revived back on board.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 01:18:39 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6619 on: August 19, 2012, 01:05:34 am »

Doc, if you go back there, instead of just him dying, you could both die. I know it's hard for you to leave someone like that, but if you go and we lose you, we lose one of the few competent doctors here. Besides, Milno will probably haul him out of harm's way, and if he doesn't, he'll have us both to deal with. Now, let's go!
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6620 on: August 19, 2012, 01:05:59 am »

((Just flavor for now, posting an action after a bit of sleep...I need it.))

"Chin lost an arm and is bleeding, and the thing that dominated Thomas seems to be kicking into overdrive." Milno said as the blood splattered both ground and armor.

"I'd rather everyone stay away from here, and that includes you, Maurice. If you come hobbling here I may have to carry two people."

"Keep thinking of ways to fix albino lover and we may still make it."
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 01:08:07 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6621 on: August 19, 2012, 01:18:02 am »

After a moment of consideration, Maurice sighed and replied somewhat stiffly.
Okay.
Move (preferring 'surely' over 'quickly') out of the Tower. Think about other ways of fixing Thomas - perhaps less reliable ones, though less drastic as well.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 01:23:11 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6622 on: August 19, 2012, 03:08:31 am »

((EditEdit: And no one tried to destroy the staff...))
((I said it before, but I honestly suspect we can't afford to destroy it - we "have" two sounds to deactivate.

And I'm still conscious, the way I read it? Between the amp overuse and disintegrating my arm, that's quite the surprise. Even if not, I'm in a much better shape than I expected, thanks to Milno. :o))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6623 on: August 19, 2012, 03:36:35 am »

((I needed a moment to prepare myself for reading this turn, btw. :P))

"A new host!" Faith shouted, "If we could find a new body, that fire-stuff would probably... maybe that's even what it's doing now? I don't see how we'd get a shade or whatever over to it, though..."

Keep filming, try to figure out what it's doing!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6624 on: August 19, 2012, 09:05:58 am »

"A new host doesn't sound like a very good idea, but if it looks like the only way..." Milno shouted back to the comms as he fetched Chin and started to run in Thomas' opposite direction. Even then, he supposed it would be their only option, if they at least found a way of doing it.

"Keep thinking, I'll try to get Chin to relative safety then I'll come back to Thomas to try something."

Fetch Chin again, run away from Thomas.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 10:27:21 am by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6625 on: August 19, 2012, 09:53:11 am »

Travis walks oblivious to his team's combat, enjoying the peace and quiet. He observes his surroundings and behind him.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6626 on: August 19, 2012, 10:10:41 am »

"Oh, hey, doc, I think you can keep my fingers..."

Try to recover a bit.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6627 on: August 19, 2012, 10:18:46 am »

((@Caellath Eh, I am probably missing something, but the way I read it, Chin is still lying on the floor, a few feet away from Milno, and Milno is starting to run away from there on his own, without Gorat - is that true? Asking because it's sort of contradictory to his words, and Milno isn't exactly known for lying, as far as I remember.
Maybe I can't see the big picture, though. ))
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 10:20:52 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6628 on: August 19, 2012, 10:28:14 am »

((@Nikitian: I forgot he had rolled away a little while before you posted and was editing it. My bad, hurr durr. :P))
>Yes?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6629 on: August 19, 2012, 10:33:01 am »

(( Ah. My faith in Milno is restored. :P ))
Past Sigs
Pages: 1 ... 440 441 [442] 443 444 ... 1256