Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3940057 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Into the Abyss
« Reply #5415 on: July 20, 2012, 10:35:59 pm »

Unsheathe wristblade, perform a Mount grappling hold.

Don't try that again, got it?

Get up, sheath wristblade, dust myself off, and glare at the onlookers.

I'm not going to screw around with you people. If a teammate comes at me, they will be handled only slightly less violently than an enemy.

And by that, I mean, instead of firing a chemical-incendiary grenade at you, you will be shot or slashed.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 10:48:55 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5416 on: July 20, 2012, 10:36:52 pm »

Thomas and May have become the Father and Mother figures
((By god...))
Thomas can't help but snicker a little as Mason falls on his back. He begins speaking to those in the group not currently involved in Masons tantrum.
"Hey, should we do something?"

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5417 on: July 20, 2012, 10:52:59 pm »

Travis takes a quick glance at the fight unfolding

"Perhaps. But as long as no one loses a limb or is killed, it's not my problem. 

Anyway, it appears the sand is only a few centimeters deep. It'd be interesting to see if that's still the case in the dead forest. So, does anyone here have a cutting torch or something similar? I'd like to take a chunk of the rock for examination back home, and see how deep we can get. Perhaps a meter or two"
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5418 on: July 20, 2012, 11:00:01 pm »

((@anailater: The reason I didn't respond, is because I thought that you would actually become angry if I did. It seems many times when I know someone with a disability, autism, apergers, depression, inability to walk, etc., and I try to comfort them, they tell me angrily that I'm just making them feel worse.

My advice, even if you can't sleep, is too stat away from RPG's until you feel better. The first RPG I was in, one of the other players said I was playing wrong. So I got pissed, posted a bunch of senseless actions and told everyone I was quitting the forum. Of course, I really regretted this when I returned to normal condition.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5419 on: July 20, 2012, 11:13:11 pm »

So long as nobody loses a limb or dies, you say?

I'm sorry, but did you see what my weapon uses? It has a pair of monoatomic razors instead of a normal cutting blade. If I slash at somone with it and connect, they will lose something, be it a limb, half of their body, or their head. However, while I would have to be pushed to cut someone's head off, I will never intentionally target the brain. A limb, half of a body can be replaced, and an intact brain put into a full-body prosthetic, but if I damage the brain too much, then, and only then, they will have no chance of recovery.

This is, of course, until someone gets their hands on a battlesuit... or better.

As for digging, I'd need to see it to say, but I can get through supercrete just fine, I might be able to get through whatever rock - or whatever else - is down there.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5420 on: July 20, 2012, 11:19:12 pm »

"We're not sending him back just for that, and- hey!"

Faith watched the ensuing scuffle, wanting to stop it but not wanting to get punched. Hopefully everyone else had that under control.

Grab an already-lit glowstick, drag Chin to the edge of the tunnel and have him kneel down, filming closely. Then swipe a glowstick out into the path, like Conrad did, hopefully revealing a bunch of shades for Chin to capture in close-up detail. Repeat this process at a few other nearby points.

Then head a little further down the path and try a similar approach, but this time whipping the light through as fast as I can. See if I can figure out if the shades maybe survive this motion, and whether they flee or what after it's been done.

Those glow sticks simus set down are basically just enough to keep the path complete, taking one would sever it again. Still wanna do that?
((Gah, just try it with the headlamps then. If that's not fast enough, grab and crack a new glowstick and do it with that.))

Unsheathe wristblade, perform a Mount grappling hold.

Don't try that again, got it?

Get up, sheath wristblade, dust myself off, and glare at the onlookers.

I'm not going to screw around with you people. If a teammate comes at me, they will be handled only slightly less violently than an enemy.

And by that, I mean, instead of firing a chemical-incendiary grenade at you, you will be shot or slashed.

"So you're not so much a teammate as a temporarily neutral party. Good to know," Faith shot back at her.

Travis takes a quick glance at the fight unfolding

"Perhaps. But as long as no one loses a limb or is killed, it's not my problem. 

Anyway, it appears the sand is only a few centimeters deep. It'd be interesting to see if that's still the case in the dead forest. So, does anyone here have a cutting torch or something similar? I'd like to take a chunk of the rock for examination back home, and see how deep we can get. Perhaps a meter or two"

Faith then turned to Travis.

"Ooh, that sounds interesting. And yeah, I've got a cutting torch; gimme a minute to mess with shadow bugs and then I'll be right over.

I really doubt we'll be able to get a meter down, though, at least with a cutting torch. We'd need something that can punch a large hole deep down, like I guess a mining laser. Or maybe a laser rifle with several batteries."

Once finished acquiring high-quality footage of shades, dig away a large section of dirt/sand and see what's beneath.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5421 on: July 20, 2012, 11:34:44 pm »

I just want to have it said now that I will not hesitate if a team member comes at me with malicious intent.

However, that does not mean that I'm a "Temporary Neutral Party". I will only act so harshly in my defense.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5422 on: July 20, 2012, 11:41:45 pm »

"No need to do anything. They are getting acquainted. See, she wants to 'mount' him."
Milno smirks as he crosses his arms.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5423 on: July 20, 2012, 11:42:51 pm »

Travis got up

"Look. I am all for restraining the idiot or otherwise sending him home. We don't need to escalate things, however. We're in an alien dimension with our guide knocked out, and the last thing we need to do is start threatening to cut each other up on the slightest provocation. 

Some of us value our humanity, and honestly waking up in a metal cage could be a punishment worse than death.

Travis found himself touching his new face

Anyway, for all we know he could have contracted some kind of wisp or spirit while he was out there in the dark wandering. We'll have to wait until the guide wakes to see if that's possible, in the mean time, just don't go lopping off his limbs, he might not be in control of his actions. I know I was once

Travis nods at Faith's enthusiasm

It's just some kind of sandstone. A cutting torch should cut through it like butter"

Travis checks his inventory. Was he provided anything that emitted light? If not, he grabs a few sticks off the guide, if he's still stunned

« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 11:49:50 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5424 on: July 20, 2012, 11:50:54 pm »

>Ensure my hat is on straight. Wait around for Conrad to wake up, and keep an eye on things.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5425 on: July 21, 2012, 12:00:19 am »

Mr. Perverted mind, think that all you want, but you should see one of the few ways to get out of that specific pin. I'm sure that would give you plenty of material to snark about, and you know what? I won't care.

And it's not "slightest provocation", either. I'm not going to lop off someone's head just because they point their gun at me. I will, however, intervene, likely only by temporarily disabling them, say, with an armlock, if at all possible, if they actually intend to fire, which is fairly obvious to see if you're paying attention to them. A pity I can only do it at a closer range, so those of you with sniper equipment, heed my next point. If they do fire at me and I'm still up, I will return it in kind.

Now, are we just going to stand here going on about my preference to keep myself from being harmed intentionally by any of you, or can we get on with what we came here to do?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 12:02:01 am by PyroDesu »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5426 on: July 21, 2012, 12:24:28 am »

((@anaileater ...I'm genuinely sorry  :-[ . The same line of reasoning my lack of response here as TCM's one, plus due to the hard and uncomforting truth that I cannot actually do anything to help your condition however much I'd like to. ))
Snapping out of thinking on guide's cause, Maurice turns to look at the what was causing that rabble and stares rather timidly and sadly at the confrontation.
People, don't... You will be alright? ...I'm sure it was a misunderstanding. No one here is seriously going to come at anyone with malicious intent, right?
Not on the mission, at the very least
, he mutters then.
Walk up to Mason and help him get up. Check him for any injuries, then perform similar checks on Simus and Charro.
[private channel to Charro] Thank you. That was valiant of you.
[private channel to Simus] Don't bother to acknowledge the remarks, I honestly suggest you. He is just being Milno the Honeybadger, those don't mean anything apart from the obvious fun he gets from snapping them.

Hearing what Travis said, Maurice's expression changes to somewhat troubled, then brightens again.
Well, I don't think guide would forget mentioning something that dangerous. Though we'll ask him when he is conscious again, if you want - this place is a big strange anomaly, and there can be a lot of things he might have not have stumbled across.

Then doctor Sanctor turns to Simus again.
Sure. Alright, people, let us move on, then.

Take the unconscious guide and the lit glowstick(s) and resume walking along the path marked by the rope. Walk sufficiently slowly for no one to get caught in darkness again - hold the glowstick (if I succeded in picking up any of those already lit) up in the air as I move.

I am taking the light source with us, is everyone alright with that? It is not dangerous here as it is (according to our guide, at least), the rope-marked path is still there, and the amount of the glowsticks we have is limited.

Stand near the guide, and think over the ways of helping him get back to senses.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 12:42:46 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5427 on: July 21, 2012, 12:27:36 am »

Retcon me following the most trust-able member of our group that Feyri knows.

"Alright, so it seems force still works here, heat doesn't in a certain manner. Sound does, however.

"Who's still alive, sound off."

((The posts...too many pages! Timezones! I Hate ye!))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5428 on: July 21, 2012, 12:32:34 am »

((Presumably, Milno would be the most trustworthy.))
"I'm still here, and presumably May is as well.."

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5429 on: July 21, 2012, 12:34:49 am »

We are all here near you as you see. All of us still alive, to my knowledge, though the guide has been knocked out. Don't worry, just let us move on.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 1256