Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3943584 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 4: Silence means consent
« Reply #4395 on: June 27, 2012, 11:44:08 pm »

((I feel so sorry xD))

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4396 on: June 27, 2012, 11:44:57 pm »

((I feel so sorry xD))

((Don't...You shouldn't. :D))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4397 on: June 27, 2012, 11:50:24 pm »

((He was out of combat anyway and was trying to be a funny little man, so no big loss. Aside from that, his concussion'll be treated and he'll probably be ok...after staying down for at least one mission. :P))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4398 on: June 27, 2012, 11:53:58 pm »

((He was out of combat anyway and was trying to be a funny little man, so no big loss. Aside from that, his concussion'll be treated and he'll probably be ok...after staying down for at least one mission. :P))

((Actually, he was not trying to be funny. It was just his concussion speaking.))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4399 on: June 27, 2012, 11:57:05 pm »

((Actually, he was not trying to be funny. It was just his concussion speaking.))
((Yeah, you explained that. But I prefer to replace it with him trying to be funny. It is easier for people to accept Lukas being roundhouse-kicked if he deserved at least part of it, and concussions don't alter someone's actions so much. If you say he was actually innocent...well, you get the idea :<))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4400 on: June 28, 2012, 12:02:58 am »

((Yeah, you explained that. But I prefer to replace it with him trying to be funny. It is easier for people to accept Lukas being roundhouse-kicked if he deserved at least part of it, and concussions don't alter someone's actions so much. If you say he was actually innocent...well, you get the idea :<))

((True, I may have exaggerated the confusion a bit. Anyway, nobody IC should have know whether he was trying to be funny or not...And I am already talking about this too much already.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4401 on: June 28, 2012, 12:14:42 am »

((True, I may have exaggerated the confusion a bit. Anyway, nobody IC should have know whether he was trying to be funny or not...And I am already talking about this too much already.))
((Because you have a bond with your character and are trying to defend him accordingly and explain his true intentions. Which is fairly normal, I guess.

Look on the bright side, Lukas is not trying to grope the female convicts and then blaming it on a personality disorder. :P))
>Yes?

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4402 on: June 28, 2012, 01:03:34 am »

((Because you have a bond with your character and are trying to defend him accordingly and explain his true intentions. Which is fairly normal, I guess.

Look on the bright side, Lukas is not trying to grope the female convicts and then blaming it on a personality disorder. :P))

((I think you are right. Anyway, I don't really mind that Lukas is blind because he wasn't going to be of any use in the remainder of the mission anyway and he can get it fixed as soon as he comes back (I suppose). Hey, I'm already glad that Empyrean didn't whack Lukas with the pole he welded for her. Shit, this made me realize I haven't been using my tech abilities in any useful way so far.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4403 on: June 28, 2012, 01:45:37 am »

((...Ow.))

Empyrean starts to climb down without a backwards glance.
[Dex:1]
You spin on your heel, walking briskly away from the man you just blinded and toward the edge of the canyon. You seem to be a bit distracted by your recent assault on your own teammates because you actually walk straight off the ledge and plunge down into the canyon.

((@Skyrunner: Well, that was expected. Either E crippled him further or [dex:1] fell on him, starting a new session of groping.))

Milno watches all the displays of sheer intelligence happening before his eyes.
"Steve, do you have any readings on the number of hostiles inside the vault now that both the building and the water are gone? We are left with two able-bodied members."

Ask Steve the question above while moving down the canyon.

Since Rubble Man made his own way towards the ground, get E and fire the rocket pods in a fuel-efficient speed to get to the bottom of the canyon while carrying her. Fly low, close to the ground.

((We lost too many people already. Things may get uglier if Milno is the only one remaining to do stuff.))

>I'm not seeing anything. Closest hostiles are still very far off, and they're heading toward the cities down stream. After all, their families are drowning.

You watch E walk right off the cliff face and can do nothing but sigh as you leap down after her, your rockets roaring to life as you fall.
[dex:5]
[str:6+1]
[E end:6]
You scream down after E and grab her by the leg, squeezing so tight you leave a nice hand shaped bruise on her calf. You carry her the rest of the way down before casually tossing her away to land face first onto the recently drained riverbed.

"Uh, Steve? Where's the evac point? Still... where it used to be?"

[end:2] You pass out from the pain of having a rebar wrapped sled attempt to mate with you.
((That's it. I was tempted with the bodies men bodies one, but now it's definitely new sig time.))
>We're gonna have to move it, obviously. Since everything suddenly got a lot safer around here we'll just send a shuttle to pick you all up from where ever. Try to gather in one place though, rather then making the pilot have to fly everywhere.

"I ain't no gentleman," says Empyrean acidly and kicks Lukas.

Not too hard.
[dex:4]
[lukas dex:2]
[lukas end:2]

You give Lukas a spinning roundhouse kick straight to the helmet, knocking him off his rock and successfully aggravating his concussion to the point that he's gone completely blind!

((Lol! Poor Lukas. And he didn't even mean to be funny. He was just a bit confused after the concussion))

Lukas moans in pain as he lies on the ground, feeling completely helpless. He couldn't remember where he was anymore. oooooow...Linda, why do you always put the lights out when we are doing it?

Roll around on the ground helplessly, hallucinating about Linda.
[will:4+1] That is one sexy lady...you think...guess you'll just have to see with your hands, so to speak.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4404 on: June 28, 2012, 02:05:20 am »

Quote from: Skyrunner
[quote author=Prosperus link=topic=106279.msg3408543#msg3408543 date=1340858521
"I ain't no gentleman," says Empyrean acidly and kicks Lukas.

Not too hard.
[dex:4]
[lukas dex:2]
[lukas end:2]

You give Lukas a spinning roundhouse kick straight to the helmet, knocking him off his rock and successfully aggravating his concussion to the point that he's gone completely blind!

((Lol! Poor Lukas. And he didn't even mean to be funny. He was just a bit confused after the concussion))

Lukas moans in pain as he lies on the ground, feeling completely helpless. He couldn't remember where he was anymore. oooooow...Linda, why do you always put the lights out when we are doing it?

Roll around on the ground helplessly, hallucinating about Linda.
[will:4+1] That is one sexy lady...you think...guess you'll just have to see with your hands, so to speak.

((I knew it! And at least Lukas is still good at hallucinating. That has been one of his strong sides from the very beginning.))

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4405 on: June 28, 2012, 02:12:39 am »

Lukas wakes up from his hallucination just before his hands touched the chest of the woman he was hallucinating about. Still not knowing what exactly is going on he tries to sit up. "It's so dark! Where are we? Milno? Faith?"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4406 on: June 28, 2012, 02:38:12 am »

((Well, it looks like you guys are in the clear. It just cost you the permadeaths of 3 people, and the maiming of almost everyone else, but you should be alright now. Nice save by Milno btw.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4407 on: June 28, 2012, 02:55:37 am »

((Well, it looks like you guys are in the clear. It just cost you the permadeaths of 3 people, and the maiming of almost everyone else, but you should be alright now. Nice save by Milno btw.))
((Don't forget all the civilians and rebels! :D))

Begin trekking to where the others are.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4408 on: June 28, 2012, 10:28:25 am »

Milno gets to where Rubble Man is and checks his broken figure. His idea does not look any better after it got him serious injuries and a sled-mating attempt.

He takes a brief look at Empyrean slumped onto the ground where he threw her.
"Good."

Poke him and check if he wakes up. If he doesn't, then get Lukas' projector and throw it to E if the weight starts to slow Milno down.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 10:33:03 am by Caellath »
>Yes?

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4409 on: June 28, 2012, 11:03:00 am »

((Oh. My. God.
Even I can't royally fuck up so bad. You guys are reaching the upper levels of 2 derms of insanity))
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 1256