Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944481 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 4: Oh shi-
« Reply #4245 on: June 23, 2012, 11:47:17 pm »

Heat shield go!
((At least now E can die and it won't be my fault. The GM said it can overload, which probably means Short - Lived Star V2.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4246 on: June 23, 2012, 11:56:07 pm »

((Here's to hoping it dosen't overload.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4247 on: June 24, 2012, 12:04:07 am »

((Here's to hoping it dosen't overload.))
((Here is me wondering why people with MFMs do not even care about preventing overloading. If a second star is given birth in less than 15 minutes since the first was born and died, I'm searching for a table and flipping it.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4248 on: June 24, 2012, 12:17:42 am »

((I wonder how secure that vault is. There is a chance a heavy piece of concrete could land on it and breach it.......))
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4249 on: June 24, 2012, 12:21:24 am »

((I'm guessing that particular parameter's been reevaluated given the circumstances.

Then again, it's the HMRC. Who knows.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4250 on: June 24, 2012, 01:04:37 am »

((I'm going to sleep. If other freaky event happens, please remember to say your prayers, because the people near the dam won't survive another shockwave like that.))
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4251 on: June 24, 2012, 01:27:33 am »

Heat shield go!
As you wish.

[Uncon:4+1] You drop the MFM to the ground and begin typing with your remaining hand. It takes everything you've got, every ounce of mental fortitude and skill, but you complete the equations and slam the cover closed after hitting execute. A wall of heat, inches thick, materializes above you and E. The shield glows white hot, as hot as the star that that caused this whole mess. It won't last long, but it will do.

(Ok, debris fall comes tomorrow.)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4252 on: June 24, 2012, 01:52:02 am »

((Lucky... Very lucky...))

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4253 on: June 24, 2012, 06:59:54 am »

((I'm back! I leave for a few days and one of you creates a death star? Thanks for taking care of Lukas Irony. Now let's hope he survives the debris.))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4254 on: June 24, 2012, 07:35:48 am »

((@TCM: If that shield works, then I have to thank you. If it doesn't, well, at least it was ok. I thought the GM would impose gruesome negatives to May's roll.

Now it is just a matter of luck so the debris do not keep falling for too long.))
>Yes?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4255 on: June 24, 2012, 09:48:52 am »

((I'm going to need a great deal of luck for this.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4256 on: June 24, 2012, 12:08:05 pm »

The sky, a boiling froth of steam and volcanic lightning, glowing eerie red and orange, lit only by the fires that burn beneath it, splits and burns as molten debris rains down. Mounds of supercrete and rebar and stone, trailing comet tails of steam and light and burning steel, tear through the dark storm and strike the burnt earth below, raising plumes of ash and dust that reach up like obsidian pillars and join to the boiling sky. Those below can do nothing but watch the descent of those falling stars, the red streaks that slash through the darkness, and pray to deaf gods that they won't be caught in their path.

>Milno
You lean against the  rock and watch the debris fall. Some of it falls into the nearby lake, which has since become nothing but a deafening torrent of water rushing down stream, tearing chunks of the canyon's walls away with it. None of it makes it as far as you.

>Faith and Cog
Faith sits with her back against the stone, her knees pulled up to her chest, and closes her eyes as the remains of the dam land around her like mortar rounds. Somewhere, farther in land, a piece the size of a small house buries itself into the ground and her ears ring with the concussion of it as dirt and ash and bits off charred wood spray out and pepper her with stinging blows. She covers her head and waits for the noise and the pain to stop.

When everything has become quiet again she pulls herself up to look around, using the rock to hold herself up. Sticking out of the opposite side of the boulder are no less then three, five foot spikes of red hot rebar. Huh.

Cog, for his part, doesn't move an inch.

>Lukas
You curl into a ball and wait for death but strangely, nothing even lands near you. Who needs skill when you've got luck?

>E and May
The white hot shield above may and E vaporizes a half dozen projectiles, fist sized chunks of metal and supercrete, before one, a dense ball of twisted I-beam and solid stone the size of a wheel barrow slams into it. The chunk of debris exits the shield partially molten and reduced in size but still has more then enough kinetic energy to tear right through May's remaining leg and bury itself several feet into the ground. [End:6] Despite having her leg amputated via a molten cannon ball, May doesn't lose consciousness, even as the molten metal hardens on the stump, cauterizing the wound.

>Thomas' corpse.
A chunk of stone the size of a softball skips off the body's chest and partially caves it in.

Alright, thats the debris done. Now there's about an hour till the lake drains enough to get to the ruins of that building. Use it as you will.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4257 on: June 24, 2012, 12:46:43 pm »

May coughs. "Thomas? I'm here. Amputee May. Where are you? Thomas?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4258 on: June 24, 2012, 01:01:03 pm »

((I'm dead/in a coma))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4259 on: June 24, 2012, 01:01:46 pm »

((I'm dead/in a coma))

((I realize that. May, not so much.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 1256