Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3940630 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 4: Oh shi-
« Reply #4095 on: June 22, 2012, 12:13:16 am »

((OH Jesus Christ, this idea is so amusingly ridiculous it is funny. Neil'll probably die out of his own idiocy after being dragged to the star, but if he does survive...Oh God, I lol'd.))
((If he lives, but May and Thomas die, it would be... odd.
So, I was thinkings, if May dies, it gives me an excuse to make Thomas all emo and/or angry.))
[/quote]

((*After mission*
Nik: Hey guys, Thomas hasn't been doing well since May died.
Empyrean: I'll check on him. *Goes to Thomas, whom is crawled up in the corner*...Hey Thomas-
Thomas: ~CRAWLING IN MY SKINNN~
Empyrean: *Leaves* ))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4096 on: June 22, 2012, 12:21:39 am »

((OH Jesus Christ, this idea is so amusingly ridiculous it is funny. Neil'll probably die out of his own idiocy after being dragged to the star, but if he does survive...Oh God, I lol'd.))
((If he lives, but May and Thomas die, it would be... odd.
So, I was thinkings, if May dies, it gives me an excuse to make Thomas all emo and/or angry.))

((*After mission*
Nik: Hey guys, Thomas hasn't been doing well since May died.
Empyrean: I'll check on him. *Goes to Thomas, whom is crawled up in the corner*...Hey Thomas-
Thomas: ~CRAWLING IN MY SKINNN~
Empyrean: *Leaves* ))
[/quote]((Eh, decided to abandon Nik. Lukas would probrably notice instead.
Thomas could write an Emo Poetry Journal.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4097 on: June 22, 2012, 01:48:43 am »

OK, just so everyone knows, Team A is pretty damn far from team B, about a mile or so.  And as per the dam, it's mostly just the center thats falling apart now, so if Thomas and E get moving they can probably grab the two cripples and get a bit in land.

"Right then, let's go."

Faith and Lukas will collectively hobble into the upper righthand northernmost hallway-room, search for a window, bash it out let Milno bash it out or kinetic amp bash the wall out if there aren't any windows, get out and swim straight up.

EDIT: Then find closest shore and swim to closest shore.

May sends out a distress call.
"Yeah, Nik and I need help. Now. We're cripples."
((Was this on Team A chat as well?))
You grab Lukas and practically drag him to the window. You backhand the window, exploding it and half the wall outward, and drag Lukas out.
[Str:1-1] Once you're both out in the open water you drop like a rock. It's hard to tell if you're dragging him down or if he's dragging you down, but regardless you're both heading toward the bottom.

((IronyOwl: We just need to break the window from the room we checked before. It has no traps, remember?))

Milno shrugs.

"Well, I suspected he would die in a big fiery ball of death caused by his own presumption since that simulation. I'll deal with my shoulder later. Let's get moving, shall we?"

Break the window from the safe room checked beforehand (the one from which there was some light coming from the window) with the team in tow. Swim outside and turn on the rocket pods, getting out of the water asap while trying to fix the dislocated shoulder with the manual's teachings for retarded people.

You grab Cog by the collar and drag him out the window faith "opened" a moment ago, activating your jets and hurling yourself upward through the water. You pierce the surface a few moments later look around. There's a shore about 300 feet away so you set off, cog bouncing across the surface like a skipping stone. You take a moment to look down toward the dam as you fly. The dam is hidden behind a great mass of steam, a cloud of brightly glowing vapor that is boiling upward at a rather frightening rate. Every now and then a streamer of white hot energy will whip violently through that fog and elicit a great thunderclap as the air explodes away from it. You drop Cog face first into the sand along the bank and land just long enough to try and jam your shoulder back in. [med:6-1] You grab cog's head and slam his faceplate into your shoulder with enough force to pop it back into place.

"Thanks for that." You say with a wave, already lifting into the air.

Sky mode:

((o.o))

Action for Empyrean: Get off the dam. To the safe side.

And take cover behind a big rock.

[dex:6]
You waste absolutely no time and begin sprinting toward the closest shore, leaping over widening cracks and crumbling supercrete. You run right past May and Nik, up the road that connects to the dam and off into a field nearby. There's no big boulders around for you to hide behind, but you find a drainage ditch and throw yourself into it, covering your head and waiting for the earthshattering kaboom.

((@GM: Wait...Could you get us an approximate distance of Emp and Thomas to May and Nik? And what about Milno's rockets, how much weight (how many people aside from his own body) can them safely carry at full force, as in spending half the fuel in some minutes?

@IronyOwl: We are kind of screwed. Both you and I have the characters of other people to take care of, and at the very least Faith will die with Lukas if she screws up.))
All 4 remaining members of b-team are pretty near each other, well, E's now too far away to get back before the time limit, but Thomas is still around. Too bad you didn't say to grab Nik as you ran past eh?

Also, isn't it so perfectly fitting that Nik might die as a result of Nick's terrible luck with MFM's, just like in the sim?

"Ohhh... That is not good. Let's get going people!"
Thomas sprints down the dam, towards his teammates. He tries to support May enough for them to run off of the dam. If he's not going to make it, drop May, start sprinting. He tries to save her, but values his life over hers.
[dex:5] You sprint down the dam, deftly avoiding the crumbling sections, and great newly hewed chasms of supercrete and rebar. May is laying near the end of the dam, crawling weakly toward the safety beyond. [str:4] You grab her and throw her over your shoulder before continuing out and away from dam. The extra weight slows you down, but you're pretty sure you're out of harms way...probably.

((TIEM TO HAND LAESRS))
Realizing that the chances f escaping a sun AND getting out of the bilding are slim, Neil's hand laser obsession drives him to do something crazy- he finds a area of hollow metal he could presumably fit in and puts his hand lasers right up to it so the water cannot affect them, cutting a hole in, crawling in, putting tmetal back on nd laser-welding the metal back on that he can.

((I'M SCREWED))
((LET'S DO THIS))
The only hollow metal things around here are filing cabinets. Wanna use one of those?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4098 on: June 22, 2012, 02:13:16 am »

((That went better than expected. But now, do I risk it again? Ayup. Here we go.))
Thomas hesitated a moment before standing.
"Oh god damn it! Empryean, get May! I've got Nik. Also, if you could, save us if I fail."
Thomas shouted. He swallowed his growing fear and apprehension and ran to rescue Niks upper half. If he is endangered while carrying it, just throw Niks upper torso at the safe area, then sprint there myself. If I'm endangered before getting to Niks torso, spin around and abandon it.
He switches his radio back on.
"Hey, you two watch the dam from a safe distance. Keep me updated on the danger I face. I'm pretty sure neither me nor Nik wants to die, so make sure you do this."
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 02:25:44 am by Spinal_Taper »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4099 on: June 22, 2012, 02:57:03 am »

(( Oh, thank you - for trying, at least. Well, whatever the outcome, you and May have my blessing. After all, I was doomed to die on this mission, right? ;) ))
Come to senses. (( That would also require the Intuition roll, right? )) Failing that, dream of Nick baking Ham sandwiches (the HMRC ones, of course).
Oh, and try levitating (in sleep) – outside the dream, I mean.
 ((Well, why not? They say, it never hurts to try. :P ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4100 on: June 22, 2012, 03:05:16 am »

(( Oh, thank you - for trying, at least. Well, whatever the outcome, you and May have my blessing. After all, I was doomed to die on this mission, right? ;) ))
Come to senses. (( That would also require the Intuition roll, right? )) Failing that, dream of Nick baking Ham sandwiches (the HMRC ones, of course).
((By the way, don't expect to get saved without owing Thomas something. He's never a hero just to be a hero. Mercenary background and all that.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4101 on: June 22, 2012, 04:01:00 am »

((Damn it.))

"...uh, we have a slight problem down here. Namely swimming up instead of down."

Try to swim up and out again. Barring that, try to determine closest shore while still underwater, and just walk across the bottom and climb up the side when we get there.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4102 on: June 22, 2012, 06:53:55 am »

((TIEM TO HAND LAESRS))
Realizing that the chances f escaping a sun AND getting out of the bilding are slim, Neil's hand laser obsession drives him to do something crazy- he finds a area of hollow metal he could presumably fit in and puts his hand lasers right up to it so the water cannot affect them, cutting a hole in, crawling in, putting tmetal back on nd laser-welding the metal back on that he can.

((I'M SCREWED))
((LET'S DO THIS))
The only hollow metal things around here are filing cabinets. Wanna use one of those?
((This will be FUN.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4103 on: June 22, 2012, 07:09:31 am »

((@IronyOwl: Faith would still have to carry Lukas underwater beneath a stronger pressure than if she just started swimming towards the shore. So I suppose not only she would move slower and get caught by the current, she would also not avoid the strength rolls :>))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4104 on: June 22, 2012, 07:20:39 am »

((I chuckled at how the cripples were promptly abandoned by a teammate, even though I reminded him of grabbing them before he left the dam.

Also, relocating a shoulder through the same method of dislocating it: smashing someones face into it. Hilarious!))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4105 on: June 22, 2012, 07:40:58 am »

"No problem. Team B, are you clear?"

Get to cover, looking for rebels.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4106 on: June 22, 2012, 09:38:29 am »

"Empryean and May are safe, I'm going after Nik right now. We might get killed. If so, try to catch my brain or something."

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4107 on: June 22, 2012, 10:03:49 am »

"Not a chance. If you die, there is no way we are going to find you."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4108 on: June 22, 2012, 10:26:13 am »

Milno watches the dam from afar. The steam and the streaks of searing light obscure much of his line of sight.

((@GM: What is the MkIII's top speed? Around 120 miles/h?))

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4109 on: June 22, 2012, 10:43:02 am »

Ok, basically now Everyone is gonna get their allotted actions before the thing blows and then I'm gonna do the whole cataclysmic boom in one post talking about it's effects on everyone. Number of actions vary by speed, ie milno can cover a lot more ground then faith.

((That went better than expected. But now, do I risk it again? Ayup. Here we go.))
Thomas hesitated a moment before standing.
"Oh god damn it! Empryean, get May! I've got Nik. Also, if you could, save us if I fail."
Thomas shouted. He swallowed his growing fear and apprehension and ran to rescue Niks upper half. If he is endangered while carrying it, just throw Niks upper torso at the safe area, then sprint there myself. If I'm endangered before getting to Niks torso, spin around and abandon it.
He switches his radio back on.
"Hey, you two watch the dam from a safe distance. Keep me updated on the danger I face. I'm pretty sure neither me nor Nik wants to die, so make sure you do this."
You drop may off behind a tree and run back toward the dam, intent on getting nik out of harm's way. [dex:4] By the time you make it there the entire center of the dam is gone and the star is nothing but a swollen red light within the boiling tempest of steam. You hook your arms under Nik's and start off down the road, carrying him as best you can. You just make it off the top of the dam and a few dozen feet away when you hear a sound like the world cracking in half.

(your actions before the blast have run out. Nothing left to do but roll with it.)

You're way too doped to wake up now (end roll if you could)

[will:6]You dream of Nick being baked by a ham sandwich. Odd.

((Damn it.))

"...uh, we have a slight problem down here. Namely swimming up instead of down."

Try to swim up and out again. Barring that, try to determine closest shore while still underwater, and just walk across the bottom and climb up the side when we get there.
[Str:6-1] You grumble mightily to yourself and then reposition your grip on Lukas before trying again, swimming upwards with all your might. You break the surface to a red sky, the dam nothing but a roiling crimson nebula in the distance. You redouble your efforts, swimming toward the nearest shore with Lukas in tow. Your muscles burn and you struggle to fill your lungs and keep afloat as the current grows ever more powerful. Finally, exhausted, You make it to the shore, staggering with Lukas through the sand. You make it no more then a dozen feet inland before the world seems to shake itself apart.

(You have run out of actions. Cross your fingers.)

"No problem. Team B, are you clear?"

Get to cover, looking for rebels.
You look around and, not seeing anyone, immediately sprint toward the nearest cover, a grove of trees. You run around rather anxiously within that miniature forest till you find a rather large boulder, partially sunken into the ground. You jump behind it and spend the next minute or two madly digging yourself a trench like a ground hog on pcp. You drop down in a fetal position and cover your head just as the star tears itself apart.

(Out of actions, blah blah blah)

Milno watches the dam from afar. The steam and the streaks of searing light obscure much of his line of sight.

((@GM: What is the MkIII's top speed? Around 120 miles/h?))

Theoretical top speed is 500 or so but at that speed you're gonna drain your fuel in minutes and have very little control. Highest that will still let you maneuver without rolls(in an open space) is about 100.
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 1256