Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3937558 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 3: Healing via kicks to the ribs.
« Reply #3240 on: May 29, 2012, 04:41:44 am »

Help Bishop, before doing the rest of my action.
(( I'm not sure, but I'd probably recommend you editing the first action message of yours and inserting  this peace of text there. You know, piecewise has already mentioned several times that, where the order of the actions is concerned, he goes by 'First in, first out'.))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3241 on: May 29, 2012, 04:45:55 am »

(( I'm not sure, but I'd probably recommend you editing the first action message of yours and inserting  this peace of text there. You know, piecewise has already mentioned several times that, where the order of the actions is concerned, he goes by 'First in, first out'.))
((People, listen to this man. He speaks words of wisdom. CROSS OUT YOUR EDITED ACTIONS.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3242 on: May 29, 2012, 06:27:09 am »

((People, listen to this man. He speaks words of wisdom. CROSS OUT YOUR EDITED ACTIONS.))
((It is something both the other players and the GM himself have been talking about. Strikethrough old actions, edit to fix others.

It seems they do not get it.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3243 on: May 29, 2012, 11:19:33 am »

"This is an observation room, and yet the scientists have no obvious way of taking control when an emergency happens! What kind of people lived in this base?!

Erm, Bishop. Charro. M-mesk? Could you check out the data processing on the fourth floor for me again, please? We need something to hold all the data we have acquired. Oh, and while you're all there, glean any data from the secondary computers. Just to be sure.

Jim. I don't think I can do anything from up here so I'm going down there with you, try hacking it. In computer terms, not literally hacking it with that cleaver. The only way down there is through the observation room, so I may wait here until the other three are clear. This is broadcast to everyone.

Mesk. Do not try your new fabled medical art again. Stick to what was in the manual."

Map

Examine room. Check for safety devices or emergency weaponry/tools around.

Keep watch on the monitors and configure my suit to store the video feed, or some way to store the information on the screens.

You walk back out and to the pit. Together, you and bishop manage to get Charro's corpse up and onto the 5th floor ledge and through the door. You wave goodbye and then make your way back to the observation room.  You look around for some sort of safety device (?) or emergency tools or weapons but there doesn't look to be anything like that around. There's a first aid box on one wall, but thats about it.

(your suit automatically records everything.)

"Negative. Stay where you are, Feyri. We don't know if this thing is dangerous yet, and if it is, I want you watching those damn monitors so you can tell people what happened in here." Jim walked around the computer, inspecting it and looking for a port where he could interface with it.
It's not so much a computer as some sort of massive, industrial looking electronic machine. You can see a control panel of some sort up on the top of the scaffolding, near the center of the ring.

"I can't get Charro's body out of the shaft without your help Feyri. Give me a hand here and then I'll see if I can fix Mesk and then I'll head to level 4. Maybe it has some info on why noone put controls to that machine down there.

As for my opinion, if noone put controls for a machine in a observation room for it, then I would say that they made it that way to make sure that noone could mess with it accidently. Take that how you will. Now stay still Mesk, I gotta try and fix your sorry ass. Maybe the computer will know how to do this sort of thing."

Ask Steve for some instructions on how to fix a dislocated leg, explaining to him that our current fleshtech apparently got his medical degree from a childrens game on the web and that I need to fix his sorry ass now so I can kill him later. Make sure to get them in text form with lots of pictures.
A few minutes a packet of data arrives, a manual called "My first dislocated Joint." You read it over. (+1 to next attempt to reset a dislocated joint.)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3244 on: May 29, 2012, 11:30:30 am »

"I can see a control panel. I'm going to attempt to reach it." Jim started to climb, tucking the cleaver into his storage for now to free up his good arm. Once he got to the control panel, he would carefully examine it - and report his findings over coms - before messing with it.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3245 on: May 29, 2012, 11:35:08 am »

"A first aid kit.

A First Aid Kit?!

You have to be joking me!"
said Feyri. Other than Charro's unconscious body, she was sure there would be suitable objects around to use in case of emergency. But a first aid kit?

"Bah. A science base, with an observation room armed by a first aid kit. Why, back in my day we used-..." She blinked. She did not want to reminisce on that day.

"Bishop. I found a first aid kit, perhaps you could use it instead of Mesk. I'm sure he would apply his lower femur to the thing."

Poke Charro with my Rifle.

"You awake? Just move or moan, tell me that you live.

. . .

Don't tell me we've had our first casualty. And I couldn't stop it.

Jim. Returning to watching you, but our suits record everything so I'm wondering if you really need an extra hand. If that thing moves, I'm ready to get down there and help you."

Watch monitors, glancing at Charro from time to time. If I detect any anomaly, report it to the team.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3246 on: May 29, 2012, 12:25:15 pm »

"Charro's dead, Feyri.  And my radical new medical therapy has worked, you know.  Did you notice you can use both arms?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3247 on: May 29, 2012, 12:49:18 pm »

"He's not dead.

And, yes I can use both arms, but I fear that my arm has undergone a severe case of marrow pneumonia. It is all thanks to your blasted feet.

If I find any bones or veins broken, you know what I'll do. And that was rhetoric."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3248 on: May 29, 2012, 04:47:17 pm »

"You'll do nothing, because he's mine. And it's not your fault the kid was an idiot. Now stay still Mesk, I've got to get you walking again."

Follow the manual closely and relocate Mesk's leg. If I fail, get him to do it with the manual.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3249 on: May 29, 2012, 06:29:57 pm »

"I can see a control panel. I'm going to attempt to reach it." Jim started to climb, tucking the cleaver into his storage for now to free up his good arm. Once he got to the control panel, he would carefully examine it - and report his findings over coms - before messing with it.
You climb the scaffolding and take a look at the control panel. There are what look like mechanical arms or probes arrayed around the control panel and the panel has the controls to use them, as well as an extra panel which looks like it turns something on and off.

"A first aid kit.

A First Aid Kit?!

You have to be joking me!"
said Feyri. Other than Charro's unconscious body, she was sure there would be suitable objects around to use in case of emergency. But a first aid kit?

"Bah. A science base, with an observation room armed by a first aid kit. Why, back in my day we used-..." She blinked. She did not want to reminisce on that day.

"Bishop. I found a first aid kit, perhaps you could use it instead of Mesk. I'm sure he would apply his lower femur to the thing."

Poke Charro with my Rifle.

"You awake? Just move or moan, tell me that you live.

. . .

Don't tell me we've had our first casualty. And I couldn't stop it.

Jim. Returning to watching you, but our suits record everything so I'm wondering if you really need an extra hand. If that thing moves, I'm ready to get down there and help you."

Watch monitors, glancing at Charro from time to time. If I detect any anomaly, report it to the team.
You jab charro's corpse a few times. He doesn't move. You watch as Jim ascends the scaffolding and starts examining the control panel at the top. Nothing notable happens.

"You'll do nothing, because he's mine. And it's not your fault the kid was an idiot. Now stay still Mesk, I've got to get you walking again."

Follow the manual closely and relocate Mesk's leg. If I fail, get him to do it with the manual.
[4+1-1] You manage to relocate his joint, though not exactly perfectly. Even with those pain killers he's gonna be limping a heck of a lot.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3250 on: May 29, 2012, 06:55:33 pm »

Jim turned the machine on and waited to see what would happen. If nothing appeared to happen, he would try manipulating one of the controls.
(Guess I'll wait for Zako to do whatever it is he's doing. :P)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 08:10:34 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3251 on: May 29, 2012, 06:56:51 pm »

"Right, thats you sorted Mesk. You don't like it, sort it out yourself, fixing people is your damn job after all. Here's an actual manual for you to use, read it and be useful.

Feyri, Jim, I'm heading upstairs to level 4 for the storage device and any info I can find. Some company would be nice. Don't touch anything if you don't know what it does."

Give Mesk the manual, then climb up to level 4 and cautiously cut an opening.

(GODDAMMIT NINJA'D! DON'T DO ET JIM!!)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3252 on: May 29, 2012, 07:14:52 pm »

(How can you hand me something you received remotely?)
"Thanks, Bishop.  Hey, don't leave!  I can't get Charro's corpse out of here without you!"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3253 on: May 29, 2012, 08:27:45 pm »

(Wireless transfer. Wrist computers remember?)

"While you were being useless, Feyri and I already got Charro out of the shaft. Now you can either stay here and still be useless, help Feyri or come with me to look for that data storage device we need. Either way, make up your mind quickly."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3254 on: May 29, 2012, 08:41:39 pm »

"Right, thats you sorted Mesk. You don't like it, sort it out yourself, fixing people is your damn job after all. Here's an actual manual for you to use, read it and be useful.

Feyri, Jim, I'm heading upstairs to level 4 for the storage device and any info I can find. Some company would be nice. Don't touch anything if you don't know what it does."

Give Mesk the manual, then climb up to level 4 and cautiously cut an opening.

(GODDAMMIT NINJA'D! DON'T DO ET JIM!!)
You attempt to transfer the data from your suit to mesk but the manual seems to have vanished from your hard drive. Weird.

You climb up the ladder and sidle around the ledge to the door. [Aux:5] You kneel very very carefully and begin burning through the door, very slowly. [dex:6] As you finish the cut the metal circle you cut from the door begins to fall outward at you. You dodge the debris but it continues out and down, falling like a guillotine blade down toward the bottom of the shaft and Mesk.
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 1256