Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3937533 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 3: Healing via kicks to the ribs.
« Reply #3225 on: May 28, 2012, 11:41:19 pm »

((Charro is alive, dudes. Just like Jim is. Have you people no faith in the resilience of the human? Oh, you people.))

"Erm, Jim. I think this experiment might have a relation to 'the puddle'. Stay aware, I'll try calling someone who knows how to handle tech properly. In the meantime..."

Bishop, help?

Um...

Try looking for a console that controls the machine there, or any sign of 'activate lab security' or anything that is related to data.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: May 28, 2012, 11:45:53 pm »

(Yep, Charro's brain is intact.  Which means I actually kicked him BETTER, once he wakes up he'll have a robot body.

WHO WANTS TO BE KICKED NEXT)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3227 on: May 28, 2012, 11:52:03 pm »

(Eh, I dunno about that. He'll probably just get the offending rib removed, healed back up, and thrown back out there. You need massive damage to the body to rate a robotic replacement. If Yoink wants one, though, I recommend 'accidentally' destroying every bit of Charro's body save the head. >:3)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: May 28, 2012, 11:53:43 pm »

(A scene from a Star Trek (Original series) movie. I believe number 6, or maybe 5? Anyway, Scotty tries talking to a computer before Bones points out that it's old Earth tech and he has to use a mouse and keyboard.)

((4, actually.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: May 28, 2012, 11:55:40 pm »

(Heh... I haven't seen any of the original movies. I've read the Wrath of Kahn novelization, but that's about it. ^^^;)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3230 on: May 28, 2012, 11:58:36 pm »

(Heh... I haven't seen any of the original movies. I've read the Wrath of Kahn novelization, but that's about it. ^^^;)

((Spock communicates with a whale.

Now back to the on ship thread with me.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: May 29, 2012, 12:00:22 am »

((Spock communicates with a whale.))
((I've heard Wrath of Khan is the only good one. Certainly the other ones I've seen have been pretty meh.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #3232 on: May 29, 2012, 12:23:14 am »

((Spock communicates with a whale.))
((I've heard Wrath of Khan is the only good one. Certainly the other ones I've seen have been pretty meh.))

((One thing I really like about the original series is that they dressed up dogs to make them look like aliens. It really looked...convincing.))
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 12:25:00 am by Prosperus »
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: May 29, 2012, 12:29:37 am »

((Yeah, a broken rib and (I'm guessing) some torn-up lung tissue isn't enough to get me a robotic shell. :P Jim pratically only had brain LEFT. But now, if any of you lot manage to accidentally shoot me with a laser rifle on the way out... That might do it. Note: Please don't take that as an invitation. D:))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3234 on: May 29, 2012, 12:41:10 am »

Jim cocked his head to the side, staring at the machine. How could he interface with this? Direct connection? Touch? Voice commands? Perhaps Feyri, up in the monitoring room, had to press a few buttons? He decided to try voice commands first. "Computer, this is Spectrum Corporation product Psychic Soldier: Subject 19, Generation 3. I'm also known as Jim. Do you respond to voice commands?" he asked, hoping that would work. "If so, can you tell me what happened here, if you have any such records?"
You attempt to speak to the computer but the fact that the room is in Vacuum makes this very difficult.

((Charro is alive, dudes. Just like Jim is. Have you people no faith in the resilience of the human? Oh, you people.))

"Erm, Jim. I think this experiment might have a relation to 'the puddle'. Stay aware, I'll try calling someone who knows how to handle tech properly. In the meantime..."

Bishop, help?

Um...

Try looking for a console that controls the machine there, or any sign of 'activate lab security' or anything that is related to data.

[Aux:6]
Huh, looks like you can't control anything from up here in this control room. How odd.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: May 29, 2012, 12:54:49 am »

"This is an observation room, and yet the scientists have no obvious way of taking control when an emergency happens! What kind of people lived in this base?!

Erm, Bishop. Charro. M-mesk? Could you check out the data processing on the fourth floor for me again, please? We need something to hold all the data we have acquired. Oh, and while you're all there, glean any data from the secondary computers. Just to be sure.

Jim. I don't think I can do anything from up here so I'm going down there with you, try hacking it. In computer terms, not literally hacking it with that cleaver. The only way down there is through the observation room, so I may wait here until the other three are clear. This is broadcast to everyone.

Mesk. Do not try your new fabled medical art again. Stick to what was in the manual."

Map

Help Bishop, before doing the rest of my action.

Examine room. Check for safety devices or emergency weaponry/tools around.

Keep watch on the monitors and configure my suit to store the video feed, or some way to store the information on the screens.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 08:13:52 am by Tiruin »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3236 on: May 29, 2012, 12:57:47 am »

"Negative. Stay where you are, Feyri. We don't know if this thing is dangerous yet, and if it is, I want you watching those damn monitors so you can tell people what happened in here." Jim walked around the computer, inspecting it and looking for a port where he could interface with it.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3237 on: May 29, 2012, 01:12:09 am »

"Sorry Feyri, I can't move.  I'm with Charro's body at the bottom of the elevator shaft still.  My doctoring leg's been injured.
"...what do you mean, stick to what was in the manual?  I mean, I never got a manual.  I wish that website had given me a manual with my medical degree."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: May 29, 2012, 01:56:36 am »

"I can't get Charro's body out of the shaft without your help Feyri. Give me a hand here and then I'll see if I can fix Mesk and then I'll head to level 4. Maybe it has some info on why noone put controls to that machine down there.

As for my opinion, if noone put controls for a machine in a observation room for it, then I would say that they made it that way to make sure that noone could mess with it accidently. Take that how you will. Now stay still Mesk, I gotta try and fix your sorry ass. Maybe the computer will know how to do this sort of thing."

Ask Steve for some instructions on how to fix a dislocated leg, explaining to him that our current fleshtech apparently got his medical degree from a childrens game on the web and that I need to fix his sorry ass now so I can kill him later. Make sure to get them in text form with lots of pictures.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3239 on: May 29, 2012, 03:34:58 am »

"Alright then, just make sure Mesk doesn't try any more new-found medical procedures in his art.

Faith was better, at least she did something that worked."
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 08:15:21 am by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 1256