Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3951788 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

(Charro was looking through the cabinets, not me, and I assume I didn't take so much time confirming the scientists were dead that I didn't have time to read over Bishop and Jim's respective shoulders.)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

((Jim didn't find the pads with the physicist's data on it. Bishop did. Jim found the one with the creeping madness reference.))

"Well... This is certainly relevant data. I've found mention of something that a science geek calls, "The Puddle". Seems like people were trying hard to find out what's inside whatever this thing is. Also, it seems that the secondary computer systems are linked to the main computer, so I'll need to take care of that connection if we want to isolate each computer system."

Bishop turns and looks over the sorry sight of the dead scientists before heading back to the door.

"I don't think we'll find much more in here, if at all. Let's move onto the quarters."

Wait with Feyri until everyone else is done, then move with the team to the quarters, namely those of the military observer's.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( I thought of a tagline for this game.

Einstienian Roulette

You can spell grimdark without laughter!

It's also better than Homestuck.

))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Charro, trying to convince himself he's found something useful, comes back out of the kitchen lugging the blender.
"Hey, er, guys! Perhaps we could power this and rig it up into some sort of makeshift melee weapon? Um, no? You're right, that was a terrible idea. Nevermind! Let's get moving!"
>Drop blender, step over corpses to resume marching order.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

(It comes loaded with one when you first buy it. You've used that one up on the first mission. )
>There's nothing about automated defenses in the records I have. This was a science base after all, quarantine is about as extreme as their measures usually get.

This news excites you so much that you feel the need to high-five jim. [dex:1] You rush forward and scream "HIGH FIVE!" into the radio before slapping Jim upside the head.
((Could've sworn I sold it, along with the razor in the first, received 4 tokens, with 1 of them being from the powerslide > Sentinel thing. Ah well. 30 seconds and 4:35 to make count!))

Feyri just stood by, letting the others do their work as the guarded their behinds with her Rifle silently. Very silently, as the atmosphere returned.

Then, another convoluted idea came to her. "Hey," she said to the nearest person who was not Charro, "What if this place was Quarantined and set to 'kill-all-organics' by the lack of life support because of the experiments? Maybe they were trying to stop it's escape somehow?

Hm, nothing much to do though until we do find what has occurred here. It stated the Main door closing, so I guess we're stuck in here."

She wondered what hid below, but as there was only one elevator - the one she was watching, then there wouldn't be much of a problem.

Right?

Speculate and continue routine vigilance. Which I was doing from before the vote. Yes.

"Steve, can we haul back that power generator?"
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 04:55:05 am by Tiruin »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Jim wandered over to Bishop. "Here, what do you make of this?" he asked, handing him the datapad he found. As for the cleaver, he kept it in hand. Just in case.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Bishop took a good long look at the datapad and frowned.

"I wouldn't really know, I'm not a doctor. But as far as I can tell, the logical way that they got this madness was being in contact with it, for at least a while I would think. Good to keep in mind when we find out what this, puddle, is exactly."

Bishop promptly removed the drives in all three datapads and stored them in a container and put away.

"Well, it's a start. We need more info though, so let's get moving."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Follow the rest, staying in second to the front of the rank.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

(Charro was looking through the cabinets, not me, and I assume I didn't take so much time confirming the scientists were dead that I didn't have time to read over Bishop and Jim's respective shoulders.)
Just be careful about doing that, otherwise you'll end up seeing things that you shouldn't and everyone will be existing in quantum states again. (By the way, you saw what Bishop did, but not Jim)

Jim wandered over to Bishop. "Here, what do you make of this?" he asked, handing him the datapad he found. As for the cleaver, he kept it in hand. Just in case.
Bishop took a good long look at the datapad and frowned.

"I wouldn't really know, I'm not a doctor. But as far as I can tell, the logical way that they got this madness was being in contact with it, for at least a while I would think. Good to keep in mind when we find out what this, puddle, is exactly."

Bishop promptly removed the drives in all three datapads and stored them in a container and put away.

"Well, it's a start. We need more info though, so let's get moving."
Jim walks over and hands you a datapad, asking what you make of this whole "Creeping madness" thing and the audio cure for it. You scan through the data pad's entries several times but can't find the one he's talking about.

Follow the rest, staying in second to the front of the rank.
Charro, trying to convince himself he's found something useful, comes back out of the kitchen lugging the blender.
"Hey, er, guys! Perhaps we could power this and rig it up into some sort of makeshift melee weapon? Um, no? You're right, that was a terrible idea. Nevermind! Let's get moving!"
>Drop blender, step over corpses to resume marching order.
You fall in line, ready to continue.

(It comes loaded with one when you first buy it. You've used that one up on the first mission. )
>There's nothing about automated defenses in the records I have. This was a science base after all, quarantine is about as extreme as their measures usually get.

This news excites you so much that you feel the need to high-five jim. [dex:1] You rush forward and scream "HIGH FIVE!" into the radio before slapping Jim upside the head.
((Could've sworn I sold it, along with the razor in the first, received 4 tokens, with 1 of them being from the powerslide > Sentinel thing. Ah well. 30 seconds and 4:35 to make count!))

Feyri just stood by, letting the others do their work as the guarded their behinds with her Rifle silently. Very silently, as the atmosphere returned.

Then, another convoluted idea came to her. "Hey," she said to the nearest person who was not Charro, "What if this place was Quarantined and set to 'kill-all-organics' by the lack of life support because of the experiments? Maybe they were trying to stop it's escape somehow?

Hm, nothing much to do though until we do find what has occurred here. It stated the Main door closing, so I guess we're stuck in here."

She wondered what hid below, but as there was only one elevator - the one she was watching, then there wouldn't be much of a problem.

Right?

Speculate and continue routine vigilance. Which I was doing from before the vote. Yes.

"Steve, can we haul back that power generator?"
>You want to haul back a generator that is welded to the floor and as big as a car? I don't think there is room in the ship.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 3: One down.
« Reply #2724 on: May 13, 2012, 01:32:08 pm »

(Oh, shit. Either the humans or Jim are insane now, since he's the only one who heard that audio file. I think I'm going to wait a bit before I play it for everyone else, though, and see if I can figure out which it is. >.>)

"Well, you keep looking at that. I'm going to clear this floor." Jim headed into another room at random, cleaver at the ready. Psychic powers were nice and all but nothing reassured like a sharp, heavy weapon in hand.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2725 on: May 13, 2012, 01:39:03 pm »

((Oh shit... That's not good. Still, I think that it's most likely Jim that's going nuts.))

"Uhhh... Jim? Hold up for a second. I can't find that entry you were talking about. There's no mention about this creeping madness you said was in here. Hey Charro, come here for a second."

Bishop hands over the datapad to Charro.

"Can you see any mention of a "creeping madness" in there? I scanned through the whole thing 7 times and nothing. See if you can find something."

Give Charro the datapad that Jim gave me and have him take a look for this, creeping madness reference. Then have everyone move towards the military observers quarters.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

((By the way, how is the ARSC transported to the ground and back on board? Just curious, figured it's quite bigger than a car. On a still bigger shuttle, perhaps?))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: May 13, 2012, 02:48:33 pm »

(Hmm, I have an idea... and it's actually in character to ask! :)))

While searching, Jim contacts Steve. "Hey, Steve. That file we sent you... Did you learn anything from it? I found a weird journal entry talking about some sort of 'audio cure' and I was wondering if maybe that file was it, or what."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2728 on: May 13, 2012, 04:06:50 pm »

(Oh, shit. Either the humans or Jim are insane now, since he's the only one who heard that audio file. I think I'm going to wait a bit before I play it for everyone else, though, and see if I can figure out which it is. >.>)

"Well, you keep looking at that. I'm going to clear this floor." Jim headed into another room at random, cleaver at the ready. Psychic powers were nice and all but nothing reassured like a sharp, heavy weapon in hand.
You leave the room and cross the elevator room to the northern room, the showers and restrooms. There are a few corpses here too, open and closed stalls, individual showers with the curtains drawn closed. Several of the showers are on, and one of the sinks is running. Turning the power on must have turned them back on as well.

(Hmm, I have an idea... and it's actually in character to ask! :)))

While searching, Jim contacts Steve. "Hey, Steve. That file we sent you... Did you learn anything from it? I found a weird journal entry talking about some sort of 'audio cure' and I was wondering if maybe that file was it, or what."

>I'm not sure which file corrupted my transmitter code, they all came in at once, but I can't tell you anything about them other then that that one of them is bad for computers. An audio cure is possible, I suppose, but it would depend on the source of the disease.

((By the way, how is the ARSC transported to the ground and back on board? Just curious, figured it's quite bigger than a car. On a still bigger shuttle, perhaps?))
Larger shuttle, attached to the underside and dropped off before landing.

((Oh shit... That's not good. Still, I think that it's most likely Jim that's going nuts.))

"Uhhh... Jim? Hold up for a second. I can't find that entry you were talking about. There's no mention about this creeping madness you said was in here. Hey Charro, come here for a second."

Bishop hands over the datapad to Charro.

"Can you see any mention of a "creeping madness" in there? I scanned through the whole thing 7 times and nothing. See if you can find something."

Give Charro the datapad that Jim gave me and have him take a look for this, creeping madness reference. Then have everyone move towards the military observers quarters.
You hand charro the data pad and ask if he sees anything resembling the entry that Jim talked about. He doesn't.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: May 13, 2012, 04:32:40 pm »

(Yep, it's me that's fucked. >.>)

"Right. I'll try to figure it out on my own. Thanks, Steve." Jim turned off all the water, then looked around to see if any of the corpses had clothing. If so, he would search through it for more information or items.
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 1256