Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3940004 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 3:Gearing up
« Reply #2415 on: May 08, 2012, 11:07:06 am »

"You didn't die. Technically, brain still lives, which means all basic functions like the heart and lungs." Feyri looked at Charro, inspecting him and his arsenal. "Feyri Nirel, nice to meet new blood. A former mercenary I am, don't trust me in medical aid. Other than knowing the obvious, I can't tell if a leg is broken or fit with cancerous cells." She reclined in the chair, bringing the rifle and looking at it on her lap. "Glad these things have safeties."

((I know, and I didn't  :P))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2416 on: May 08, 2012, 11:11:02 am »

Feyri entered the room and was surprised to see others present, "Well, this is comforting. What do we have now?" She spun the handle of her Sabre around her right hand while taking a seat.

Examine Sabre once more, for the fifth time all around. Reload Laser Rifle.
You reload your rifle and take the tesla sabre off your belt. You turn it over in your hands, looking at it carefully. Its a fairly compact handle with an ergonomic grip designed to fit in your hand. Set in the center of the handle is a pressure switch; all the user has to do is squeeze to activate the blade and loosen their grip to deactivate it.  A circular hand guard projects around top, protecting the user from the rather nasty looking series of metal prongs and protrusions that direct the electrical discharges. On the bottom of the handle are two very tiny dials.

Charro gave a slow nod. "I have heard certain things about life in the HMRC, yes. Not something I'd especially like to dwell on, before my first mission, however..." He eyed that emoticon warily. "Perhaps we should discuss something else. The weather is out, obviously, and I somehow doubt a full-body cyborg would be interested in my culinary innovations. So... How long have you been with the HMRC? That seems a fairly harmless topic."

Make nervous conversation whilst waiting for the briefing. Inspect newly-acquired rifle and scout eye.
The rifle is about 2 and a half feet long, an unadorned and completely unaesthetic metal cylinder with a rifle stock and grip. The battery magazine juts out from one side and a small box hanging just before the trigger guard houses the firing system circuitry. There are two dials and a small control pad on this box.

The scout eye is a small metal drone, about 8 inches long, covered in tiny maneuvering rockets, and built around a single large video camera lens. It syncs up and is controlled via your wrist pad, broadcasting a video feed as long as it is in range. Notoriously hard to control.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: May 08, 2012, 11:15:18 am »

Charro sheepishly flicked his own rifle's safety on after Feyri's comment.
"Yes, Charro Hootzal. Nice to meet old blood, I guess." He nodded respectfully to her, then looked back to Jim, frowning a bit. "That all sounds rather unlucky... But still, that which does not kill, only makes you stronger, right? In that case I imagine you must be pretty damned capable after all that. Then again that might just be the last shreds of my optimism talking."

He found himself a seat, too, feeling marginally more relaxed now in the company of a fellow, well, human. "Any, er, tips for the 'new blood', from either of you? Preferably other than 'try not to die', I've memorised that bit already."
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: May 08, 2012, 11:22:21 am »

Feyri inclined her head in Charro's direction. The newbie seemed pretty much fine in her eyes. "Well, for starters, a team is better than being alone on an alien world. Second is, approach everything with caution. We rely on each other for survival, Jim has some set of ocular implants that will aid in our visual sector, I have this Sabre that might help in close combat. Also, teamwork is vital to survival and the lesser injuries that we can get, the better, I say.

Oh, and when we get looting, at least respect the ones we take from, I say. Then we divide the shares.

And don't go trudging alone in a wilderness unless you are sure of your capabilities, stuff decides to happen when you don't want it to."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: May 08, 2012, 11:34:19 am »

((@SeriousConcentrate: Ivan shot you, not Feyri.
@Tiruin: You called me Faith on the ship thread.

Ops fixed.))

(I know that. I should have had Jim indicate Feyri on 'she' but he meant Ivan shot him while Feyri was carrying him around.)

"I don't have much advice beyond what she said. Other than that if you think you're about to die, try to do it constructively. Helps the team out in the long run."
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 11:37:38 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2420 on: May 08, 2012, 11:35:55 am »

We're basically just waiting on Bishop and Mesk. Assuming Bishop actually wants a weapon.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: May 08, 2012, 11:41:41 am »

Charro listened thoughtfully to Feyri's advice.
"That all sounds rather logical. I'm afraid I'm not that much of a soldier; I can more-or-less shoot and more-or-less use gadgets like this," He indicated the scout eye, which he probably has clipped onto his suit somehow, "But not that much else. I'll do my best to be of some use to our little team, though."
He glanced about the room. "Any idea how many more are supposed to be coming? Or are we it?"

>Inspect briefing room whilst chatting.

((And that's me done for the night! So exciting to finally be in a mission, hehe.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: May 08, 2012, 11:42:12 am »

3 str, 2 willpower. 2 con wep 1 handiwork

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: May 08, 2012, 11:47:20 am »

Feyri chuckled warmly, she wondered the same of course, but it was interesting to hear the notion from other mouths. "Mission briefing usually takes us by surprise. Landing on an unknown terrestrial planet, with or without allied squads. Even pre-landing can kill you or the whole team if there are any AA weapons waiting down there. Just as stated in the datapads..." She paused for a while, taking in what he just said.

"Oh, um, I misinterpreted what you said there. It's usually a five man team with backups waiting if we fail, die or get incapacitated to not finish the mission. What makes me wonder, is why Steve can't just send two squads of all of us down instead.

"And we all have uses, some more obvious than others, but I believe we'll make out of this mission well."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2424 on: May 08, 2012, 11:49:01 am »

Charro listened thoughtfully to Feyri's advice.
"That all sounds rather logical. I'm afraid I'm not that much of a soldier; I can more-or-less shoot and more-or-less use gadgets like this," He indicated the scout eye, which he probably has clipped onto his suit somehow, "But not that much else. I'll do my best to be of some use to our little team, though."
He glanced about the room. "Any idea how many more are supposed to be coming? Or are we it?"

>Inspect briefing room whilst chatting.

((And that's me done for the night! So exciting to finally be in a mission, hehe.))
The briefing room is a circular amphitheater like room with concentric circles of benches around a central holo display. The lights are dim to allow the display to show up clearly.

3 str, 2 willpower. 2 con wep 1 handiwork
got it.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: May 08, 2012, 11:54:35 am »

"Simple enough, Feyri. He only sends one team so that if we fail, the next team will have a log of exactly what happened and be better prepared for the mission. If he sends down two teams, it's more likely both will die for the same information. This way conserves resources." Jim shrugged and continued leaning on the wall. "Also from a financial standpoint, if only five people are sent, even if all make it back, they have to pay us less than they would for six or seven people making it back."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: May 08, 2012, 11:59:07 am »

((AI never answered my inquiry during debrief >=( ))
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2427 on: May 08, 2012, 12:09:04 pm »

((AI never answered my inquiry during debrief >=( ))
You mean this?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mason quietly listens to the briefing, interested in the contents.

"My apologies for interrupting, but may I ask what is an UMW ship?

Also, where do those fungus things come into play?"

>UWM not UMW. United Worlds of Man, it's the government you're part of, remember?

As per the "Fungus", that was the Commune, or parts of it at least. The secondary anomalies were probably pieces of the commune that broke off from the whole. Their actions and the things they created with those Field Manipulators were erratic because they were just a fractured piece of dozens or hundreds of minds. The man you spoke to was no doubt the largest part of the commune that still remained intact.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: May 08, 2012, 01:13:15 pm »

(One final question, can I trade my Mk I suit for tokens?)

Sprint back to the briefing room!

"Hey guys, I'm back!  Charro, Jim, good to see you again."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: May 08, 2012, 01:19:04 pm »

(One final question, can I trade my Mk I suit for tokens?)

((You want to die, don't you.  :-\))
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 1256