Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3937711 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2: Ivan: "F***ING HELP"
« Reply #1530 on: April 25, 2012, 01:18:40 am »

I wonder where Irony has gone to. If Mason manages to bite it and she's still derping off somewhere we'll just send in the next team. Can't let idlers hold us up too long.

But... But... Aww. God damn it.

*sigh*

Mason uses his right hand to pull Faith along, partially for companionship, partially for backup, as well as a meatshield. Proceed very cautiously toward the temple, keeping an eye out for anything strange or interesting. Doorways, statues, windows, anything mechanical looking, etc.

You grab faith by the hand as platonically as you can and drag her toward the temple. You peek in through the open doorway; inside the room is huge, a domed ceiling soaring overhead and pillars lining the walls. There are great murals along the walls, pieced together with thousands of tiny shards of tile. They depict stars, galaxies, planets and moons, great seas of luminance gas and vast darknesses. In the center of the room  is a pedestal upon which rests a brass sculpture, an orrery, clearly more decorative than functional. There are three exits from that room. The one straight forward looks like it leads back outside, probably into the area beyond the wall. The other two, left and right, lead off into the rest of the temple.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: April 25, 2012, 01:35:17 am »

((Sorry about that, but I've been busy and AVALANCHE OF NEW PAGES.))

Faith finally shakes her head, as though clearing herself out of a stupor.

"What? No. NO! Why are we going TOWARDS certain death? When everyone else is dead you don't rush INTO the tar pit, you RUN AWAY! And where were you anyway, I thought you were dead or stuck.

But we need to get out of here. Something's killing people IN ADDITION to being stuck in a nightmare realm, and we need to find anyone who can be salvaged and then LEAVE!"

Resist entering temple. Look around for signs of trouble.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1532 on: April 25, 2012, 01:47:26 am »

((Sorry about that, but I've been busy and AVALANCHE OF NEW PAGES.))

Faith finally shakes her head, as though clearing herself out of a stupor.

"What? No. NO! Why are we going TOWARDS certain death? When everyone else is dead you don't rush INTO the tar pit, you RUN AWAY! And where were you anyway, I thought you were dead or stuck.

But we need to get out of here. Something's killing people IN ADDITION to being stuck in a nightmare realm, and we need to find anyone who can be salvaged and then LEAVE!"

Resist entering temple. Look around for signs of trouble.
You jerk your hand out of Mason's grasp and look around, trying not to panic. It seems quiet for now, but you're fairly certain thats just because whatever terrible thing that has littered the ground with chunks of flesh is to busy punching babies or eating puppies to notice you. Yet.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: April 25, 2012, 02:50:59 am »

"Fine, fine."

Mason attempts to radio in for backup, handing Faith his rifle if she lacks a weapon.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: April 25, 2012, 03:34:53 am »

"Is there even anyone else alive out here? I haven't seen anyone else since I left Ivan. Other than the corpses, I mean..."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: April 25, 2012, 03:43:11 am »

"Hell if I know. Where's Ivan? Its just us, as far as I know."
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1536 on: April 25, 2012, 11:45:24 am »

"Fine, fine."

Mason attempts to radio in for backup, handing Faith his rifle if she lacks a weapon.

You activate the radio and dial in to the Mothership's freq. Static.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: April 25, 2012, 04:55:40 pm »

((I am probably going to be lynched by those who still need some time to prepare before the next mission, but... how long has it been since the last team went there? Steve's subjective time?))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: April 25, 2012, 05:49:50 pm »

"Well fuck me sideways, even if we manage to finish the mission alone, there's no way to radio home."

Mason paces around, contemplating the situation and hoping for a flash of inspiration.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1539 on: April 25, 2012, 07:45:51 pm »

((I am probably going to be lynched by those who still need some time to prepare before the next mission, but... how long has it been since the last team went there? Steve's subjective time?))
Going on 3 hours. The first team could basically just run back to the shuttle and wait if they wanted to, but I'm contemplating penalties for if the first team cowards out and waits for the second team to come save them. Probably not anything too steep; most likely just having tokens deducted or something. We don't reward cowardice in this outfit!

"Well fuck me sideways, even if we manage to finish the mission alone, there's no way to radio home."

Mason paces around, contemplating the situation and hoping for a flash of inspiration.

[Intuition:1] GAME OVER, MAN! GAME OVER!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: April 25, 2012, 07:51:37 pm »

((Ahaha, niiiice! I saw what you did there.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: April 25, 2012, 07:54:32 pm »

((...If you do want to give up and wait with Faith until the next team kicks in to save you. Of course Erik may decide his "macaroni and limbs" modern art sculpture is not finished until he gets some more material to add aside from Ivan's severed body parts.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1542 on: April 25, 2012, 07:57:32 pm »

OK, since there is a good chance that Mason and Faith will wimp out, we'll start recruiting for the b-team. First come first serve. Make sure to buy your gear/have it ready when you volunteer, we want to get people out there asap. If the do sack up and finish the mission by some miracle, this roster will be for the next mission.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: April 25, 2012, 07:58:39 pm »

Milno is volunteering. I just hope my teammates do not turn out to be an all fresh meat team.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: April 25, 2012, 07:59:18 pm »

Better alive and armed for Round 2, than exhausted and reduced to a shower of severed limbs.
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 1256