Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 992 993 [994] 995 996 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944475 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: Screwed and Mutinous
« Reply #14895 on: June 28, 2013, 03:18:14 am »

((Depends on how much it's broken. If it's really just pinned and broken, Mesk can slap a cast on it and some painkillers, and it'll be good enough to go. If it's more serious, then yeah, we'll need to replace it - but first we need to find out how bad it is, and, seriously, ask permission from the arm's owner at least. :P))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14896 on: June 28, 2013, 05:32:03 am »

((Fact is, we don't have serious exosuit repair parts (aside from taking apart mine) so cutting the battlesuit arm means it will be that much more difficult to repair the suit and operate it at as close to full capacity as possible.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14897 on: June 28, 2013, 05:51:06 am »

((YAY EXAMS FINALLY OVER HUZZAAH!

Ahem, so yeah, I just read the previous posts, and I'd like to first try to get out with the arm intact (both mine and Gilgamesh') before we cut it of.

Also, since I'm leaving for camp in a week, and having to go someplace unexpected this weekend, I think it'll be best if I already turn over command to Pyrodesu. Normally, I was going to wait to do this until I left in a week, but it'll be easier and more organized if he can arrange things like he sees fit, instead of having to overturn anything I might've ordered.

That is, of course, if Pyro feels like doing it. Do you?))

Get out, get treated for arm by Mesk.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #14898 on: June 28, 2013, 06:37:46 am »

((sorry, been real busy the past few days and will be until at least monday. I've not had the opportunity to read the posts after I got the first repairs, so I may have missed some developments.))

Keep being repaired?
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14899 on: June 28, 2013, 12:21:43 pm »

((Don't you want your arm to match your face?  You could see if Mesk could attach a robo-jaw to your new robo-arm.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14900 on: June 28, 2013, 12:24:09 pm »

((Don't you want your arm to match your face?  You could see if Mesk could attach a robo-jaw to your new robo-arm.))
((Name it Boone.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #14901 on: June 28, 2013, 02:36:24 pm »

((Anton, we aren't stuck with laser cutters or nothing, I don't think. But, since Miyamoto would prefer it just to be pulled, whether it's in him or not, then pull.

Also, assuming command at the moment would is fine but Zako might need to step in for me on Saturday, so fair warning about that.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14902 on: June 29, 2013, 02:11:30 am »

((Toaster: yes, unless you want to retcon it. You were wandering without anything to do, so I invited you along on a trip, and Piecewise rolled with it.

Not sure if Tavik actually read my post. Sent him a pm to make sure.))

Clean the crystals off the ground immediately next to the shuttle and to the MPV.
Offload the food we brought and put it in organized piles.

Take the food and other supplies out of the shuttle. Count. Put them alongside the supplies we brought.
What personal supplies does the shuttle have? Look through them.
What other stuff can we scavenge?

Can the half-shuttle be plausibly carried/dragged by an MPV?

"Does anyone have any technical expertise in this area? I think the original plan was also to scavenge the electronics and what other stuff the shuttle has, but Bishop isn't going, and I think Jack left." (Unless he changes his mind.)

You clean the area and offload your gear. As per stuff in the shuttle, I believe Bishop already unloaded everything food and goods wise from the shuttle.

As per other stuff you could scavenge, you could do this in two ways; You can either strip it for parts or you can drag it back all at once. Or some mixture of the two. The MPV doesn't look like it can drag the shuttle on it's own. Maybe if you could put some rollers under it...

grab a sample container about 6 feet long and 3 feet high from storage and tie it to a rocket bike using spare cables lying around the garage.

once complete drive off towards sector 2 staying as close to the ground as possible and ponder the difficulties in creating a remote controlled robot out of medical prosthetic's.

We don't have a sample container coffin for ya, space bro.

Simus, finished with Lukas for now, heads to Miyamoto and Gilgamesh to see how their repairs have gone.

Anton, it might be easier to just slice that arm, because the servo is likely ruined and Miyamoto's arm is pinned in there, discounting any other injuries. Even if we manage to get the shard out without additional damage to the machine or the man inside, the arm will be all but useless without a replacement, which I don't know if we have.

(Battlesuits are mini-mechs of sorts. the user's limbs extend partially into the limbs of the bot, but they're moved entirely mechanically. For instance...)

[handi:1]

You climb up on Miyamoto's arm and are in the middle of bashing around with a wrench when you smack in one particular place. Your wrench causes the gap between two severed wires to close. The electrical charge that leaps through it -and you- isn't terrible. It makes your robo-limbs spasm and you flop off the side, but it doesn't do any damage. Unfortunately, what it does do is cause Gilgamesh's right arm to suddenly jerk forward and cold cock Bishop across the room.

[bishop end:5+1]

Bishop goes straight across the room, skips off a tool table and lands amidst a collection of pressurized gas tanks, knocking them down like a spacesuited bowling ball.

"See...told you it still works..."

Bishop shakes his head out of the daydream he was in and turns to Simus.

"We may have to build replacement parts for the servos by hand. What I don't think we can really replace is the armour and the rocket pod. We would probably be better off just disconnecting both pods for the sake of balance for the suit. We'll have to see what we can do."

Help with the repairs and get Miyamoto out of that suit and into the medbay.
You drag yourself up out of the tanks and over to Gilgamesh, whacking on it until the hatch opens. You help Miyamoto out of the hatch and of to the med bay, grumbling the whole way.

((How the fuck did I forget that?))

"Oh, god dammit."

Take the fastest possible way to rejoin the salvage team.
Consider yourself retconned there.
Hmmm... Could I get 5 containers similar sized (preferably a bit larger) to the first one and just start spilling the stuff into them? Or would there be danger of the goo falling outside the box? Also, how much goo are we talking about and how heavy is it? And I'm guessing from the vented air that the fridge did little to slow whatever reaction is happening in there? Or was there less air then the time Simus opened it?

((Working on updating the notes by the way. May take a while...))
Hard to say. You could try and spill it in, but there's always the chance (dex roll) that you might slip and let some drip out. But as long as you don't screw up, it should work fine.

Say you have about a liter or so, little bit less. You filled the container pretty completely. It's fairly heavy, but not much more then you would expect for water or something similar.

And you don't know, since you didn't see the amount vented that time.

"So, I shot down the shuttle, to stop you guys from attacking a giant crystal? Sounds like me. Thanks."

Go find my goggles.
You wander into the barracks and dig through things until you find the bed that you think was yours. You dig deeper and find the goggles  amongst your belongings.

((YAY EXAMS FINALLY OVER HUZZAAH!

Ahem, so yeah, I just read the previous posts, and I'd like to first try to get out with the arm intact (both mine and Gilgamesh') before we cut it of.

Also, since I'm leaving for camp in a week, and having to go someplace unexpected this weekend, I think it'll be best if I already turn over command to Pyrodesu. Normally, I was going to wait to do this until I left in a week, but it'll be easier and more organized if he can arrange things like he sees fit, instead of having to overturn anything I might've ordered.

That is, of course, if Pyro feels like doing it. Do you?))

Get out, get treated for arm by Mesk.
You open the hatch in response to Bishop's insistent banging and let him help you out of the cockpit. Your arm is definitely broken. It comes out with what seems to be an extra elbow about halfway down your forearm, your hand swinging free and limp. He helps you all the way to the med bay and on to a bed. You start wondering where mesk is before you notice him, asleep, on the bed next to you.

You begin to consider harsher punishments for idleness on the job.
((sorry, been real busy the past few days and will be until at least monday. I've not had the opportunity to read the posts after I got the first repairs, so I may have missed some developments.))

Keep being repaired?
You're pretty much good, though someone could weld some more metal on ya to get you back up and fully armored.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14903 on: June 29, 2013, 02:25:09 am »

"Maybe I should stick close to a doctor with these on. Oh second thought, maybe not."

Head to medbay, don goggles.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14904 on: June 29, 2013, 02:32:59 am »

((And my action got disappeared somewhere. Well, it wasn't particularly needed anyway, I guess.))

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14905 on: June 29, 2013, 02:41:20 am »

give up on escaping, head back to medbay and beat morul senseless en route.
Confiscate his goggles whilst berating him for excessive stupidity then gather some bandages, a splint and the military grade burn cream before walking over to Miyamoto and setting his arm.

Just how dumb are you morul?
Those things burned your eyes from your skull then bleached your brain and you are already putting them back on!?!
Ill be damned if ill let you destroy the eyes that i so competantly installed, now give me the glasses before i take back your eyeballs.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 05:05:26 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #14906 on: June 29, 2013, 03:26:51 am »

((Okay, I call shenanigans, the shard in one of the servos would restrict, slow, or freeze it. Also that what I posted wasn't intended to serve as an actual action, much less a handiwork one (it was fluff, which I usually put in bold, though I probably shouldn't, as demonstrated). And I thought I had a bonus to handiwork.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14907 on: June 29, 2013, 03:43:51 am »

((A shard in the topmost servo of a robot arm would restrict or freeze only that particular servo. And most servos don't even work across all three axes. Without connections being severed - and especially with a connection suddenly restored such as in this case - the arm would have all the required ability to offhand backhand someone.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #14908 on: June 29, 2013, 04:03:54 am »

((Depends on which of the upper servos is damaged, really. And even then, if there's any kind of restriction, it couldn't be as powerful a hit as it could be (the fact that it was a chance connection doesn't help) - which would explain Bishop not possibly needing a new jaw, which might be a likely outcome from an intentional hit by a fully-functional Battlesuit..))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #14909 on: June 29, 2013, 04:15:32 am »

"Well this stuff might be useful later" Michael says upon entering the garage after hearing the sounds of HMRC handiwork.
Scavenge spare bits of battle suit plate and lukas then dump into my locker
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.
Pages: 1 ... 992 993 [994] 995 996 ... 1256