Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 991 992 [993] 994 995 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3943767 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: Screwed and Mutinous
« Reply #14880 on: June 27, 2013, 03:40:41 am »

"Both of you, calm down. His arm is not actually in the arm section of the suit. His whole body is suspended inside the torso, rigged with a setup that controls the limbs using his own, with his hands free so he can type on the keyboards inside the suit. We don't have to worry about hurting him unless we slice too deep into the torso.

There should also be an emergency release in there, and maybe outside too, that we can use if Miyamoto can activate it for us, provided that the melted iron didn't jam up the mechanisms somehow. Which I doubt, since those are most likely completely contained in the suit to prevent that kind of stuff.

And as for the armour, I was making a point that we aren't going to have battlesuit plate or whatever Lukas has on, just lying around. We'll have to make do with what we have for armour patch-ups, which would include recycling what armour we remove, so don't loose any."

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #14881 on: June 27, 2013, 08:05:54 am »

"Eh what happening over here"
Wander into the garage and grab off-cut bits of battle suit plate and Lukas then Lump them in my locker.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14882 on: June 27, 2013, 08:09:51 am »

((Toaster: yes, unless you want to retcon it. You were wandering without anything to do, so I invited you along on a trip, and Piecewise rolled with it.

((No, that's fine.  I forgot to post any action so I hoped I was out away from the deathcrystal being useful.))

Lars took a long look at the shuttle.  "With the divine assistance of the gods, I will unravel the secrets of this shuttle!"

He took out his marker and drew the Hexagon of Cog-azaon on the interior of the shuttle.  "O Cog-azaon, please grant this humble priest understanding of this machine, so that we may better please the wondrous gods of the HMRC Pantheon!  Glory be to Steve."

Inscribe the shuttle, as near as the controls as possible.  Attempt to study it and inspect it for what functionality it still has, as well as if any parts are still serviceable.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #14883 on: June 27, 2013, 10:31:13 am »

((Er... I think his arm is actually somewhat in the suit's arm. The description is, "The Battle Suit is basically a Mk III suit but much more heavily armored and less maneuverable." That implies, to me at least, that there is no real operating cabin. That would be more like an AoW.

I think one could consider a Battlesuit to be somewhat like power armor rather than a small mech.))
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 10:35:04 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14884 on: June 27, 2013, 10:32:20 am »

((How the fuck did I forget that?))

"Oh, god dammit."

Take the fastest possible way to rejoin the salvage team.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14885 on: June 27, 2013, 12:30:25 pm »

((But the battlesuit I used in the VR let me have my arms free so I could type on keyboards inside the suit... Hmmm, I'm not sure, but I think we're safe to cut into the arm, since if his arm is actually in the arm of the suit then it wouldn't be too far in and it would be in the centre and behind everything else in the arm.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14886 on: June 27, 2013, 05:11:35 pm »

Hmmm... Could I get 5 containers similar sized (preferably a bit larger) to the first one and just start spilling the stuff into them? Or would there be danger of the goo falling outside the box? Also, how much goo are we talking about and how heavy is it? And I'm guessing from the vented air that the fridge did little to slow whatever reaction is happening in there? Or was there less air then the time Simus opened it?

((Working on updating the notes by the way. May take a while...))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14887 on: June 27, 2013, 06:33:07 pm »

"So, I shot down the shuttle, to stop you guys from attacking a giant crystal? Sounds like me. Thanks."

Go find my goggles.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #14888 on: June 27, 2013, 10:18:46 pm »

((I still think that we cut it into sections to get the undamaged parts away and allow us to isolate the shard, whether his arm is in there or not (PW's description of his arm injury matches that it is inside) and risk no further damage.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #14889 on: June 27, 2013, 10:30:42 pm »

((Easy for you to say "cut", who's going to be putting it back together? I think we really want Miyamoto's opinion on this - the suit should be functional enough now to at least let him out, btw.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #14890 on: June 27, 2013, 11:08:16 pm »

((Yes, putting an arm like that would be a pain... If it were sliced up haphazardly and without regard for systems within. But if we're careful with it, then it shouldn't be a difficult job. And on that note, there's at least three people capable of the entire operation, excepting assistance with moving the sections if needed.

Also, hardware-wise, he's certainly able to manually open it and get out - if he posts... And if he's not pinned.))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #14891 on: June 28, 2013, 12:26:09 am »

((Well we did get an approximate picture of a battle suit once and it had a cockpit so you can cut the arm off without injury to him))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #14892 on: June 28, 2013, 02:33:58 am »

((My only thing with this is that PW has insinuated that it is in his arm. If it isn't, then yank away, the servo's probably gone for anyways. The cutting would only be for if it is, to prevent additional harm to Miyamoto unless he consents. Simus is going on the assumption it is through the Battlesuit's arm and Miyamoto's arm.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #14893 on: June 28, 2013, 02:59:44 am »

((Anton, in turn, goes with the assumption that preserving the machine's arm is imperative, given the lack of facilities here to perform any sort of advanced repair on a battlesuit. Worst come to worst, the way to go is to disassemble the servo itself, leaving as many parts attaching to it as possible intact, and just taking the arm off like a sleeve - and the shard still needs to be the first thing to go.

Also, laser cutters. With our combined luck, if Miyamoto's arm is in there, it'll stay in there when the suit's arm comes off. :P))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14894 on: June 28, 2013, 03:13:08 am »

((What's up with all the fuss about a single arm? We can just replace it with a robotic one. I mean hell, with our luck, it will still be replaced as being preferable to treating an actual arm. Especially if you compare the recovery times for treating vs replacing it.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?
Pages: 1 ... 991 992 [993] 994 995 ... 1256