Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 951 952 [953] 954 955 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3937550 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: Screwed and Mutinous
« Reply #14280 on: June 04, 2013, 01:06:41 am »

Attempting to subdue and restrain him now, Miyamoto.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #14281 on: June 04, 2013, 01:23:04 am »

"Come on man just give me the gun and I wont hurt you"
Go to the base and find shooter then confiscate the rifle
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 01:29:34 am by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #14282 on: June 04, 2013, 02:37:47 am »

Lukas walks around confused.

"What just happened? Mutiny!?"

Aid Mesk in checking the damage
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14283 on: June 04, 2013, 04:17:30 am »

"I hope he resists, for all the annoyance and pain I'm going to go through fixing that shuttle. WE ONLY HAVE ONE OF THOSE YOU BASTARD! YOU BETTER RUN!!"

Grab a large, heavy blunt object that I can beat someone with and go hunting for the traitor.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14284 on: June 04, 2013, 04:30:01 am »

Grab a large, heavy blunt object that I can beat someone with and go hunting for the traitor.
((Oh no, HMRC justice...
I hope Mesk can patch him up later without using too many roboparts.))

To Flint: 'Our shuttle got busted. We don't know why, but it seems one of our own shot it. We won't be able to come to you now, so just keep tracking it for now, ok?
@Miyamoto: "Will do commander. I know you're a little busy up there but could you spare someone to come with me? Or at least have someone watching my helmetcam in the CCR? If I die horribly I'd like there to be witnesses."

This is crazy. thought Flint as he went through his notes. I hope everybody is fine. When he found what he was looking for, he opened a private channel to Miyamoto.

Private channel to Miyamoto: "I know that guy might be dangerous, but I believe we should try to subdue him without causing him too much harm. There may still be a way to help him if he's being influenced by aliens. I suggest asking ALVIN to shock him, if possible, and locking him up in the isolation room in the Medbay until we determine what's wrong with him and how we can help him."
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 04:33:52 am by Parisbre56 »

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14285 on: June 04, 2013, 04:36:59 am »

Suit up, and join the collection of people that are going to be running circles around the base hunting Morul.
If we all congregate at the ladder leading to the dome of the base, stay there, don't go up the rings.

If Morul is actually captured this turn, try out a rocket bike, and learn to ride it.

Edit: Convince Morul to come quietly and not haul that ladder up. Me win this!

((Do we have any idea how tired Flint is right now? He's been following this thing for a long time.))
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 06:59:30 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14286 on: June 04, 2013, 05:36:23 am »

Attempting to subdue and restrain him now, Miyamoto.

'Good, but if he starts shooting again take cover. Your suit can't tank gauss rounds as well as Gilgamesh, so be carefull.'

((Oh no, HMRC justice...
I hope Mesk can patch him up later without using too many roboparts.))

To Flint: 'Our shuttle got busted. We don't know why, but it seems one of our own shot it. We won't be able to come to you now, so just keep tracking it for now, ok?
@Miyamoto: "Will do commander. I know you're a little busy up there but could you spare someone to come with me? Or at least have someone watching my helmetcam in the CCR? If I die horribly I'd like there to be witnesses."

This is crazy. thought Flint as he went through his notes. I hope everybody is fine. When he found what he was looking for, he opened a private channel to Miyamoto.

Private channel to Miyamoto: "I know that guy might be dangerous, but I believe we should try to subdue him without causing him too much harm. There may still be a way to help him if he's being influenced by aliens. I suggest asking ALVIN to shock him, if possible, and locking him up in the isolation room in the Medbay until we determine what's wrong with him and how we can help him."

I'll see what I can do, but it seems the months without real action has made some people in here lust for some violence.'

'Oi, Vich, once you're familiar with that rocketbike could you please go assist Flint? He's alone out there right now, he could use someone to watch his back.'

Anton action: put trailer back in the garage and follow Flint through his helmetcam in the Command Center.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 05:43:10 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14287 on: June 04, 2013, 05:54:24 am »

'Oi, Vich, once you're familiar with that rocketbike could you please go assist Flint? He's alone out there right now, he could use someone to watch his back.'

"I've considered that, but you sure that sticking together two people who don't get along is a good idea? Especially considering... this incident.

I think I might be of use finding out if why Morul attacked us. Of course if we don't just kill him, or he doesn't simply tell us once the alien parasites leave his body."
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14288 on: June 04, 2013, 06:12:11 am »

"STILL GOING TO WHACK MORUL." jack finally calm down. "Why the flying fuck did you do that? Now I have to restrain you. If you try to shoot me, I WILL kill you. Got that?"
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 06:16:09 am by Tavik Toth »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14289 on: June 04, 2013, 06:22:34 am »

((Do we have any idea how tired Flint is right now? He's been following this thing for a long time.))
((He slept a bit in the derelict minishuttle right before the rest of blue team woke the crystalthing up. And then he spent most of his time watching from the lakebed since he couldn't enter the electrical fields without taking an incredibly stupid risk. So he should be fine. And that thing isn't going fast, it's doing something close to 2 miles/turn (3.2km/turn), so it's not like I'm running.))
follow Flint through his helmetcam in the Command Center.
((For some reason, when I read that, I imagined Anton banging his head on the screen in the CCR, trying to go through it to Flint's location.))
"I've considered that, but you sure that sticking together two people who don't get along is a good idea? Especially considering... this incident."
"I won't shoot you if you don't. And I don't think you're enough of an idiot to lead me to my death when everything we do is being recorded. Right now I don't care who I got with me, I just want someone who can help me if things go bad, or at least report back to base if something happens to me when we go out of comms range. You think you can do that?" You may be crazy enough to shoot me, but that's a risk I'm willing to take. Most of the sane ones (and insane ones too) are tied up anyway.

"By the way, are you sure you can fly that bike? I'd hate to have to stop following that crystalthing to rescue you from a horible flesh eating tree. Or whatever there is you can crash into around here that can kill you horribly. Which is mostly everything now that I think about it." ((That's me asking if you got any Aux skill or if you're gonna try flying it with a -1.))
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 06:30:06 am by Parisbre56 »

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14290 on: June 04, 2013, 08:02:38 am »

((You never gave an action to sleep, and with you giving us live coverage of the monstrosity, I don't think you've had the time. It certainly is slow moving, but humans still need to sleep irregardless of how active they are.

And yeah, that bike can go pretty bad, which is why I'm testing it first. I was torn between just stating to GM that my character knows how to ride bikes already, but meh. Especially with blindness, we can say he lost coordination.))

"No, consciously you won't, and the same goes for me. But I am worried about what just happened, and why. If this incident was caused by mind control, it might be dangerous.
And I'm not even speaking of the importance of morale, or any anomaly that might cause madness.

Besides, I wasn't joking when I said I might help in figuring out why Morul attacked us. Waiting for Miyamoto's decision."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14291 on: June 04, 2013, 10:08:15 am »

'Ok Vich, I'll level with you here: I just need someone to go support Flint, and I don't care who does it. Either you do it, or you find someone to do it for you. I've got more pressing matters now, so I'm delegating that particular task to you for now. You, or someone else, can use the MPV if needed, but detach the trailer first. Or a rocketbike if you can handle it. And unless you need to be physically present for whatever you had in mind to do to him, you can talk me through it over the radio.'

Private link to Flint: 'Hey man, looking to get you backup soon. But about you and Vich... Can't you guys just make out and get it over with? And what do you have against him anyway? I mean, I wouldn't found his fanclub, but he's been competent enough so far.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14292 on: June 04, 2013, 10:47:28 am »

((Key:  <<snip>> symbols from now on mean a recorded transmission. Unless someone has a better idea for the symbols.))

"Understood. And yes, physical presence is pretty important."

Quote from: To Zephyris, Lars, Auron, Michael
"Any of you well or free enough to go and accompany Flint in following the Collosus?
I've got permission from Miyamoto to delegate this: <<I just need someone to go support Flint, and I don't care who does it. Either you do it, or you find someone to do it for you. I've got more pressing matters now, so I'm delegating that particular task to you for now. You, or someone else, can use the MPV if needed, but detach the trailer first. Or a rocketbike if you can handle it.>>"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14293 on: June 04, 2013, 11:12:03 am »

Am I well enough to drive?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14294 on: June 04, 2013, 01:38:38 pm »

Private link to Flint: 'Hey man, looking to get you backup soon. But about you and Vich... Can't you guys just make out and get it over with? And what do you have against him anyway? I mean, I wouldn't found his fanclub, but he's been competent enough so far.
Private @ Miyamoto: "Well, it's not something he did to me, it's just... we were talking and he said some things about his past and what he had done and... and I didn't find them right. I didn't find him right. And I made that known to him. Who knows, maybe I... maybe I overreacted a bit, but I'm an actor I always have to keep my feelings in the surface, so sometimes it's hard to keep my mouth shut about some things that bother me, and ethics is one of them. Who knows, maybe what happened in the past can stay in the past. Then again he doesn't seem to care about or regret what he did, what he chose to do. Anyway, I can't make up with him now without losing face, not before I see something out of him. Maybe if we get alone and have a bit of a talk we can, I dunno, make things better or something.

Don't worry though. I've got my mind on the mission. I won't let my personal opinion about others change that or endanger the mission.

You meant make up, right? Not make out. If you meant make out, then, erm... I don't know what gave you that impression but I don't erm... have these kinds of preferences. Not that I have a problem with those people. No wait, that didn't came out right, I erm... I support equal rights for everyone. Yes, that's right, that's what I meant. I just don't want to use my rights... THAT way."
Pages: 1 ... 951 952 [953] 954 955 ... 1256