Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 947 948 [949] 950 951 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3937796 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: What?
« Reply #14220 on: May 30, 2013, 06:02:20 am »

Lukas Red team

Lukas nods to the buggish creature in his hands.

"Uhm, Miyamoto. Do you still want to bring this thing back to the base, or should I just leave it here? I won't fit in the shuttle, so I will have to hold on to something if I want to join  you guys."

'Just put it in the shuttle once it gets here. Or in my backpack maybe. We'll be going to the base first anyway.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #14221 on: May 30, 2013, 06:05:20 am »

"Uh guys what now?"
do what miyamoto says otherwise follow
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #14222 on: May 30, 2013, 06:19:38 am »

'Just put it in the shuttle once it gets here. Or in my backpack maybe. We'll be going to the base first anyway.

Lukas - Team Red

Lukas stares blankly at Miyamoto for a few seconds, feeling a bit stupid.

"Right. Why did I not think of that myself?"

Put buggish creature in shuttle once the shuttle arrives. Make sure it is somehow secure (e.g. strap it in) and that it cannot grind its way through anything in the shuttle. Then hang on to the shuttle for a ride back to base and engage in extreme anti-crystal violence once we arrive.

((By the way, I will be away from my computer from tomorrow and be busy doing all kinds of stuff (shooting arrows, climbing trees, you know the stuff). I won't be back until Sunday. If Radio Controlled wants to use Lukas' capacity for extreme violence, he may do so. I can recommend the particle cannon, but make sure that Lukas has dug in before charging it.))
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 06:23:38 am by Prosperus »
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14223 on: May 30, 2013, 06:26:17 am »

"Uh guys what now?"

'You and Denzel should get on the shuttle too. I'll reshuffle the teams a bit after this, so it's best if you guys are there too.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14224 on: May 30, 2013, 08:09:38 am »

(Upon leaving the shuttle) "Well, so much for an observe mission. Sorry about that Zephyris, the way this turned out. Want to take a drink in the cafeteria? I can water down whatever qualifies for booze over here."

(If yes:) Go to the cafeteria, and water down the standard booze, using the empty bottles I brought with me, until it's about the strength of the beer we drink in the real world today (10 times? 5 times?). Then take a seat at the table and begin sipping it.
(If not:) Take a nap.

((Hopefully everyone is okay with me bogging down the thread like this.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14225 on: May 30, 2013, 12:51:16 pm »

Denzel goes to auto-follow mode.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14226 on: May 31, 2013, 03:17:20 am »

Ask Alvin status of base.
Alvin informs you that someone is cutting panels off the wall and digging into the circuits.

Just wanted to finish something I'd started is all, Miyamoto, and I know that we're not equipped for in-depth study. However, now that I'm done, I might be able to get those of us who don't have any fancy armor something better than just the Mk1 suit. Jury-rigged, of course, and not exactly a featherweight, but considering the Mk1... Anyways, I'm packing high-explosives and am on my way to you now, vice Mesk.

Make a note of the weight of the plate, then hitch a ride with Mesk on the shuttle and load up the launcher with one of the three high-EX shells. Keep the armory Gauss Rifle and the clip that I used 1 shell from. await Miyamoto while keeping tabs on the situation through team-cams in the control room.

A cubic inch is about .7 lbs. A cubic foot is about 1200 lbs

((Lars is on medical rest now, but I blame my somehow reading a general call to arms on his IC mishearing (with his bad ears) on the same.  PPE:  Oh, there's the boss clearing things up.  Never mind.))

Lars stopped.  There was Glorious Leader, telling him otherwise.  Damn.  Can still say a blessing over the shuttle!

Say a blessing over the shuttle as it departs.
"Blessed are those who run heedlessly into danger with no thought for their own lives or for the lives of those within the blast radius."

Keep an eye on the crystal. Update teammates as it changes.
The crystal remains motionless but seems to be absorbing less energy now. Perhaps it's hunger is being sated.

"You know, I expected this place to be in worse shape when it's in charge by a group of inmates. Huh."

Go ahead and fix the crappy job properly, taking my time to do it right. Then head to the garage and try to think up a good way to protect a suited individual from the electrical zone's arcs while they walk through it.
We'll assume that given the time and preperation that this currently quiet period allows, that you fix the problem without an issue.

As per this electric problem, something like chainmail might work,but there's nothing like that around here.

"Alright, everybody off."
Kick everyone who's currently on, off the shuttle.  Head to Red Team's location, pick them up, and fly back to base.
Lukas Red team

Lukas nods to the buggish creature in his hands.

"Uhm, Miyamoto. Do you still want to bring this thing back to the base, or should I just leave it here? I won't fit in the shuttle, so I will have to hold on to something if I want to join  you guys."

"Uh guys what now?"

Lukas - Team Red

Lukas stares blankly at Miyamoto for a few seconds, feeling a bit stupid.

"Right. Why did I not think of that myself?"

Put buggish creature in shuttle once the shuttle arrives. Make sure it is somehow secure (e.g. strap it in) and that it cannot grind its way through anything in the shuttle. Then hang on to the shuttle for a ride back to base and engage in extreme anti-crystal violence once we arrive.

((By the way, I will be away from my computer from tomorrow and be busy doing all kinds of stuff (shooting arrows, climbing trees, you know the stuff). I won't be back until Sunday. If Radio Controlled wants to use Lukas' capacity for extreme violence, he may do so. I can recommend the particle cannon, but make sure that Lukas has dug in before charging it.))
Denzel goes to auto-follow mode.

And Red team cried "Wee Wee Wee" all the way home.

(Upon leaving the shuttle) "Well, so much for an observe mission. Sorry about that Zephyris, the way this turned out. Want to take a drink in the cafeteria? I can water down whatever qualifies for booze over here."

(If yes:) Go to the cafeteria, and water down the standard booze, using the empty bottles I brought with me, until it's about the strength of the beer we drink in the real world today (10 times? 5 times?). Then take a seat at the table and begin sipping it.
(If not:) Take a nap.

((Hopefully everyone is okay with me bogging down the thread like this.))
I'll consider you preemptively in the mess hall.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14227 on: May 31, 2013, 04:41:27 am »

Bishop steps back and admires his work on the wall. It looked much better now and it would hold better too.

It suddenly occurred to him that he had nothing to do for the moment. Perhaps Miyamoto needed something done?

"Bishop to Miya, I've got nothing to do here. Do you need something technical done, cause I'm sitting on my ass with nothing to do right now."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14228 on: May 31, 2013, 04:52:21 am »

"Be on standby. It looks like the thing has charged up. I'll update you if it moves. I recommend staying away from the thing for now. If anything is going to happen, it's going to happen now."

Can I see anything else that's changed with the thing besides conductivity and color? If I can shoot it from here, try once again to cut a small piece off of it. Then stay in cover and continue updating the teams on anything that happens with the crystal thing.

((@Zako: Can't you use the wires we have to make some sort of grounding rod, a path of least resistance? And then insulate the suits with some plastic or insulating foam? Or is the voltage too high?))
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 04:59:15 am by Parisbre56 »

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14229 on: May 31, 2013, 06:47:35 am »

Go whatch the cameras/sensors.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 10:37:16 am by Tavik Toth »

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #14230 on: May 31, 2013, 07:12:27 am »

FOLLOW
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14231 on: May 31, 2013, 07:30:52 am »

"Blessed are those who run heedlessly into danger with no thought for their own lives or for the lives of those within the blast radius."
((THE OMINOUS FORESHADOWING CONTINUES   :P  ))

Bishop steps back and admires his work on the wall. It looked much better now and it would hold better too.

It suddenly occurred to him that he had nothing to do for the moment. Perhaps Miyamoto needed something done?

"Bishop to Miya, I've got nothing to do here. Do you need something technical done, cause I'm sitting on my ass with nothing to do right now."

'Nothing that I can think of right now. Weren't you planning on building some cages to explore the electrozone though?'

((You could try adding a brush to the underside of the cages, so that they are still movable while also giving protection. Or a wire like Paris said, not sure what would work best, though a wire is less work obviously.))

'Okay then guys, I think we should leave once you're all ready. Mesk, remember to take us around the crystalthing, the border between 6 and 15 seems ideal. Or just go to where Flint is right now, that'll be easiest.

Simus, in case we fail to stop that walking crystal, try to have something prepared to use your explosives with, 'cause I'm guessing you won't want to just lob them at it. '

Once Strike Team Stupid is ready, go with the shuttle. Pray that this won't end in tears and misery. Also take gauss rifle with me from the armory. Oh, and deposit the bug we catched in the lab.

Lukas action in case Prosperus is gone already: Join strike Team Stupid, take any weapons that he might've stored with him.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 11:15:41 am by Radio Controlled »

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14232 on: May 31, 2013, 10:49:52 am »

"Be on standby. It looks like the thing has charged up. I'll update you if it moves. I recommend staying away from the thing for now. If anything is going to happen, it's going to happen now."
((If that doesn't look like Flint behaving like he's in charge, I don't know what is. Not reproaching you, but trying to make you aware. Responding to a question clearly issued to a higher standing officer in the form of a command.

To response: Yeah, didn't know that. Your post was immediately following Bishop's, and didn't address that it was to Miyamoto. That he say he was talking to Miyamoto only meant you had responded when you shouldn't have. No probs with your suggestion later, I was just thinking you were talking to him both IC and OOC. So yeah, sue me. Misunderstood you once again.

Response to a response to a response: Not always. Vich has given up on this, and no longer cares about what happens. Not only does he not want to engage in another tit-for-tat war with you, and doesn't want to give the impression he's playing mind games, he's also been excluded from the mission, so his level of caring about it has dropped to about zero. If you ask him directly, he will answer, but otherwise he not be participating. But if you noticed, I am trying to keep it mostly IC, it just doesn't always fit with my character.))

Take of my glasses for a moment, and check how my eyes are without them. No, I have not forgotten about the glasses.

Then go to the barracks, lay on my bunk, and begin learning how to play a flute.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 12:13:09 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14233 on: May 31, 2013, 11:01:26 am »

@Miyamoto:"You might want to land away from that thing. It looks like it has almost stopped charging, so something might be happening soon. The lakebed I'm hiding in seems safe."

@Radio Controlled or anyone else coming here: ((Think you can bring me a gauss rifle, since Miyamoto seems to think I'm currently with him in the base and have access to one?))

((If that doesn't look like Flint behaving like he's in charge, I don't know what is. Not reproaching you, but trying to make you aware. Responding to a question clearly issued to a higher standing officer in the form of a command.))
((That was, once again an update to Miyamoto about how things are going in this zone. He had said to update him if that thing starts moving (or something like that) because he was going to make the decision of whether or not to attack then. And since it has almost finished charging up, it seemed reasonable to me that it might move. I should start using the @<name> thing more often...
Plus, I didn't see how what I was saying could be interpreted as a command. And he clearly said Bishop to Miya. In fact I did give him a suggestion for an action OOC.))

((To response to response: Yeah, those kind of misunderstandings happen with text. Actually, I think it would be realistic to do that misunderstanding in IC since we're all broadcasting through open comms I suppose, so anything I say can be heard and misinterpreted by anyone.))
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 11:45:08 am by Parisbre56 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14234 on: May 31, 2013, 11:33:51 am »

((Right, I forgot you weren't at the base. Erm, fixing action now. ))

Pages: 1 ... 947 948 [949] 950 951 ... 1256