Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 920 921 [922] 923 924 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3938664 times)

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Missile 9: Hot Potato
« Reply #13815 on: May 02, 2013, 02:19:05 am »

Team Red - Lukas

Lukas messages to Simus:

"Hey Simus, we're at the edge of the zone and we haven't found any way past the arc gap chasms and electric fields. You want us to proceed to the next zone to find a possible way around them?"
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #13816 on: May 02, 2013, 03:57:08 am »

((Why is the Red Team exploring unknown areas in the first place?))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13817 on: May 02, 2013, 04:14:40 am »

team green- auron

walk along the shore of the gel sea and attempt to map as much of the zone as possible.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #13818 on: May 02, 2013, 04:32:50 am »

((Why is the Red Team exploring unknown areas in the first place?))
((Sorry, been out of it for a bit. What samples do we still need from the lava area?))

((Good point! :). I'm just very lost at the moment in terms of what we have already sampled and what is happening otherwise. It has been a bit difficult to keep track of all that is happening in this game lately. Too much to read.))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13819 on: May 02, 2013, 05:27:21 am »

If Bishop needs me to do some task from now till May 8th, he can assign actions to my character as team leader. I'll still post if we manage to get back to base, but otherwise I don't really have the time right now.
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #13820 on: May 02, 2013, 05:38:03 am »

Quote from: Corsair on April 29, 2013, 08:21:03 pm
((I thought the suits would be fine in the molten iron.))

"Eh the suit should be fine"

Head to the volcanic zone using the extra resistant containers to sample the liquid from both the surface and from just under the surface if it is under one of or both of these categories;
   -There are lifeforms heading towards it or dont appear to have recently "grazed"
   -A lifeform is leaving the pool or is currently passing through it

You Dip another container into the fluid and it takes all your strength to get it out again, struggling against the great weight of the liquid and the suction of the vacuum your pulling is creating. You do manage to get it out and back onto the solid shore, but you now have a slight dilemma. The partially full surface sample weighs around 40 pounds. The full deeper sample weighs at least twice that.  So you've now got 120 pounds of slowly hardening iron to work with.
((This is interesting that the slugs seem to be eating about 80 pounds of something from the top of the ponds....))
"Interesting"
Send transmission to simus and ten sprint back to base as fast as possible
transmission to simus:
"I've found something strange with the iron are you able to meet me at the base at some point soon?"
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13821 on: May 02, 2013, 01:43:53 pm »

((This is interesting that the slugs seem to be eating about 80 pounds of something from the top of the ponds....))
The magma beetles/Rock lice/iron slugs/whatever you want to call them do not eat iron. They do not walk on iron. They walk on rocks. They eat rocks. They breath rocks. They... excrete rocks as waste material.
Quote from: Magma Lice through weirdvision
"You scan the lice with your patented pirate vision. Well, it weighs a lot. 3 tons or around there. And it's shell is incredibly dense, made mostly of silicon and other inorganic elements. The "living" part of the creature is pretty much just a lump of strangely configured carbon, silicon and ammonia based "organs" hidden deep in the shell. From what you can tell it doesn't breath or eat; more like it does both at the same time, scrapping off the top layer of the stone it travels over, processing it for nutrients and then excreting the remaining mass."
There are magma dragons in the iron sea but they are very far from the shore.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13822 on: May 02, 2013, 07:37:10 pm »

Team Greeeen

"Interesting, brothers.  I am sure the scientists will enjoy testing this substance.  I wonder if anything lives in it?  How deep is it?  Perhaps Brother Lukas can shoot all his weapons at it to see what happens.   For now, though, I think we have done all we can.  Let us proceed."

Walk toward Sector 8.  For the first mile or so, walk on the gel sea about three feet from shore to see if anything interesting happens.  Otherwise, proceed.
As long as you stay in the shallows, there seems to be little to no effect from wandering over the top of the sea. Well, it's a bit more physically demanding because it's like walking through mud, but thats it.

As per sector 8, it looks surprisingly empty; just a great big boring expanse of stone, like the area around the base.

[GREEN TEAM]

"I need a pick."

Follow Lars, but stay on solid ground, ready to fire at anything hostile jumping out of the goo.
Nothing goes a goo jumping, save for lars. You're not entirely sure if he's friendly, but he seems mostly harmless, so you don't shoot at him. For now.

Be competent.

NOPE

Flint Westwood - Blue squad - Sector 18

((Sorry, been out of it for a bit. What samples do we still need from the lava area?))
((You can help Corsair carry iron back to base. You can help Radio Controlled capture a magma beetle/woodlice/thingy. You can go capture/investigate something else that is living in that zone, like the magma dragons or the magmafall limpets. You can help Anton with the motion anomaly in sector 3.))

Send a drone to map the goo sea.
EDIT: While waiting for the drone to return see if the towers or the goo sea look different somehow in the place they coexist. Shove the goo away from the side of one tower and see whether or not the carvings continue into the area covered by goo.
If possible tie part of the goo sea like a balloon so that the liquid cannot escape from inside. Else just grab a small "bag" of goo by pressing the end of the "bag" really hard so that only the film and no liquid remains in the place I have grabbed and the liquid cannot escape from the inside of the "bag".
Cut off the "bag" from the sea above my hand (with my monorazor if necessary) so that I'm holding the "bag" below my hand and see whether or not the film "heals" on its own. If it doesn't, dip the cut part in the liquid escaping from the hole I cut on the sea and see if it heals then.

((I hope you understand what I mean by all that. Or at least what I intend to do. Sorry.))
You send a drone off to map and examine the towers. They look the same as before, although the film on the sea seems to have grown upon them a bit and moving it off is proving surprisingly difficult.

You create a little bag of the goo using careful squeezing and squishing and then cut it free. It takes something like 15 minutes but the bag seals itself on the cut end, leaving you with something that looks like a bizarre waterballoon.

Finish mapping the last few subhexes of sector six if possible, and if safe, take a look at 15.
You walk into the edge of the sector and are immediately assailed with low level radiation warnings that only get worse as you go on. Your metal body grants you protection so far. Do you want to keep going?

Look around to see if any of the other vehicles in the garage have weapons.  If they do, see if there are replacement parts for the weapons around.  If they don't, see what the biggest guns in the armoury are.  Also look for paint.
None of them have any weapons, and the biggest things in the armory are gauss rifles and laser rifles; smaller arms then what half the team is using. You find plenty of paint in the garage though.

BLU Team

Send a drone into the cloud to map it out and wait for it to come back. Upload my current map data to the base mainframe.
(Paris already did this so I'll save you a drone. Might come in handy latter)

team green- auron

walk along the shore of the gel sea and attempt to map as much of the zone as possible.

We'll say you stayed with Lars for the moment, since the sea is being mapped via drones.

Quote from: Corsair on April 29, 2013, 08:21:03 pm
((I thought the suits would be fine in the molten iron.))

"Eh the suit should be fine"

Head to the volcanic zone using the extra resistant containers to sample the liquid from both the surface and from just under the surface if it is under one of or both of these categories;
   -There are lifeforms heading towards it or dont appear to have recently "grazed"
   -A lifeform is leaving the pool or is currently passing through it

You Dip another container into the fluid and it takes all your strength to get it out again, struggling against the great weight of the liquid and the suction of the vacuum your pulling is creating. You do manage to get it out and back onto the solid shore, but you now have a slight dilemma. The partially full surface sample weighs around 40 pounds. The full deeper sample weighs at least twice that.  So you've now got 120 pounds of slowly hardening iron to work with.
"Interesting"
Send transmission to simus and ten sprint back to base as fast as possible
transmission to simus:
"I've found something strange with the iron are you able to meet me at the base at some point soon?"

You want to leave the samples there? Because sprinting with all that weight isn't something you're doing for long.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13823 on: May 02, 2013, 07:45:23 pm »

Imgur is fucking me over for the map.

Basically all thats changed is the gel sea's border has been mapped all the way around.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13824 on: May 02, 2013, 08:58:47 pm »

Green Green

Lars stopped and surveyed the visually empty sector.  "Brothers, we shall have to be careful here.  Consider what the others have found- it is the unseen that is often the most dangerous.  Algis, may your shielding hands cover us as we explore this area!

Send a drone to map the sector.  Watch it until it is out of view to see if anything terrible happens to it.  If not, start walking toward the center, employing the "throw a rock every little bit" trick to check for horrible anomalies.

((Let's hope this isn't the mindfuck zone))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13825 on: May 02, 2013, 09:06:22 pm »

Blue team

"Ok, we wait for the drones to come back, and then we'll head back the way we came and go the opposite way. I think that green team can handle checking out this gooey crap by themselves."

Wait for the drones to return, then upload the new data back to base and then head back the way we came until we reach our starting point. Then head in the opposite way we originally went.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13826 on: May 02, 2013, 09:08:38 pm »

team

Follow lars example from the next subhex over, utilise extended rod anomaly detection to prevent blundering into instakill anomalies.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13827 on: May 02, 2013, 11:03:27 pm »

"You know, these anomalies seem too regular. I mean, they all fit together in a nice interlocking hex pattern. All the same size. Most with clearly defined borders. It almost seems artificial. Like some alien species made a rock, filled it with deadly shit, and set it loose to troll future species exploring space. Fukken Xenos."

Take a quick peek in weirdvision, checking for the sillouettes, specifically the distance between me and them. Immediately close vision after a round distance has been judged. Follow Lars.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13828 on: May 03, 2013, 04:39:21 am »

Quote from: message to Simus
Simus, i built a cage for capturing one of the slug creatures. Come pick it up some time so you and Lucas can catch one.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13829 on: May 03, 2013, 06:36:23 am »

Follow rest of team. Be not very surprised.

"We need something fun to do."
Pages: 1 ... 920 921 [922] 923 924 ... 1256