Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 857 858 [859] 860 861 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944542 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Missions 9: Anyone got some bolts?
« Reply #12870 on: March 13, 2013, 06:48:51 pm »

((Perhaps it should be left to Piecewise to determine what would be the name realistically resulting from such a night of drunken revelry. ;)))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12871 on: March 13, 2013, 06:49:56 pm »

I thought that was what we were doing..
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12872 on: March 13, 2013, 07:34:13 pm »

((Perhaps it should be left to Piecewise to determine what would be the name realistically resulting from such a night of drunken revelry. ;)))
((I approve of drunken Speech rolls.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12873 on: March 13, 2013, 07:38:37 pm »

((The only catch being that the robots among us can't get drunk. But still, speech rolls.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12874 on: March 13, 2013, 07:40:47 pm »

((The only catch being that the robots among us can't get drunk. But still, speech rolls.))
((This is an outrage. I shall begin prototyping a synthetic mouth-liver-brainport attachment to rectify this at once.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12875 on: March 13, 2013, 07:41:49 pm »

((You have a brain. Alcohol acts on the brain. All you need is a way to pour alcohol in your brainjar and a way to metabolise it or filter it so that you don't die from brain damage. EDIT: Insert too brain damaged to have further brain damage joke here. EDIT2: I approove of the new synth-liver concept. In fact, I bet they already have a few of those on board. You may get one for free from the Doctor if you ask nicely.))
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 07:44:51 pm by Parisbre56 »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12876 on: March 13, 2013, 08:53:38 pm »

((You have a brain. Alcohol acts on the brain. All you need is a way to pour alcohol in your brainjar and a way to metabolise it or filter it so that you don't die from brain damage. EDIT: Insert too brain damaged to have further brain damage joke here. EDIT2: I approove of the new synth-liver concept. In fact, I bet they already have a few of those on board. You may get one for free from the Doctor if you ask nicely.))
((Really, a synth-digestive system/mouth-brain interface would be nice if for no other reason than to be able to eat food.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12877 on: March 13, 2013, 10:04:31 pm »

Lars looked at the pad.  Huh.  Business first, then pleasure.

"Overlord Alvin, scion of Steve, is the blockage clear?"

He then grabbed some food and sat down with the pad.  What was this?

Report to Alvin, get food, read pad.

((For the base, Toaster votes Canary Base and Lars votes Algis's Rest.  For the planet... Lars votes Steve's Glory and Toaster has no real strong opinion- he'd probably just bandwagon on Wastes of Time for the double meaning.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12878 on: March 13, 2013, 10:07:47 pm »

((Votes: Planet, I'd have to say Wastes of Time (the alternate language preferred personally), and Algis' Rest for the base.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12879 on: March 14, 2013, 12:43:31 am »

((Algis' Rest sounds decent enough of a base name for me. And I like the deathtrap one for the planetname too.))

Quietly read over Lars' shoulder as he looks at the pad.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #12880 on: March 14, 2013, 01:34:23 am »

((Interesting))
Go back to base after noting the position of this blue stuff then after arriving check my radiation levels and any useful information that was gathered. Make sure to throw pebbles all the way.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #12881 on: March 14, 2013, 02:51:31 am »

shake hands with everybody at the party and wish them good luck
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12882 on: March 14, 2013, 07:55:34 am »

((4 mph for 16,5 hours means doing 66 miles, or 106.22 kilometers. How could I not have the fuel for that, if I did have enough to rescue flint and Jobasio in the previous mission? How strong is the gravity here?

Also, I am correct that we aren't supposed to map the whole planetoid? Or does that map of yours 'bend' back at itself at the edges, like on a map of the globe?))

Send following to Bishop:
Hey there Bshop, I need to get the technical data on the automapping drones, like their operational range etc. Could you, or one of your technicians, go check them out for me? I will also need the specs on those communication landlines Steve mentioned. Strangly, it seems Alvin doesn't have this info, cause he didn't answer me when i asked him.
Anyway, once you have it, come to the planning room, I'll be preparing our first explorations here.

Then, turning to Simus: "I have been thinking about how we should do this. It would seem prudent if we did a rough scan of the area first, noting points of interest and setting up communication landlines as we go. Then, once we have an idea of the layout of this rock, we investigate important regions in more detail.

Now, the idea would be we, for example, send a team going north from here to the edge of the 'map', after which they go clockwise at the edge untill the get at the most north-east part, after which they go back to the base. While they go north, from time to time they would send mapping drones going clockwise, and they pick them up again on their way back. Once they return, we update the master map here. This would require 4 trips in total, each trip taking roughly 3-5 days at most, barring any alien shenanigans of course.

Any thoughts on this?"
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 07:58:59 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12883 on: March 14, 2013, 08:39:21 am »

((Comes after a brief hiatus. Huh. Seems Flint (is it okay if I call you by your character name?) decided to take up the voting. I actually planned to do it myself. In this case, I'll vote too, since I haven't yet. And fine, I'll limit mine to three suggestions, but I was serious when I said that it would be better to have more (at least five, for that matter).

Here's my votes. Sorry for lateness:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Vich takes up his digital version of HMRC Pantheon book, and searches it for a god of diplomacy. After that, he searches for a god of spies, and a god of deceit. He notes all the gods that fit the description, and reads the first entry he found that matches.

((For how to count up the voting, I originally planned to go with the Australian system I outlined in my original post where I described the rules for the voting, but since people only gave three choices, it's kind of hard to get a majority. So I suggest checking first if it works, and if it doesn't, probably do it the simplest way possible.))
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 08:46:27 am by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12884 on: March 14, 2013, 08:43:26 am »

I'll get on it after I'm done with a few things first. Won't take long and I'll start with the landlines first, seeing how they are more important right now. Let me know if you want an honest and sensible (read: sane) opinion on something too, seeing how more than one person on this rock isn't exactly the most 'stable' or 'mentally dependable'. I still don't quite trust Mesk with medicine...
Pages: 1 ... 857 858 [859] 860 861 ... 1256