Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 821 822 [823] 824 825 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3882155 times)

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: On the highway out of Hell.
« Reply #12330 on: February 22, 2013, 04:00:23 am »

((Now I feel stupid for bragging because it's entirely possible that I will perma-die now.))
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12331 on: February 22, 2013, 04:00:53 am »

Jim attempts to flip that shit with his relevant Amp and then board it. If it doesn't work for whatever reason, he instead helps to flip it manually.

"Steve, are you there!? This is Jim! Tell the computer in the shuttle to stop firing its engines until we give the signal!" he said desperately over general coms, hoping the AI could hear him.

(Who's dead again, just Bruce? I know Feyri and Faith are with us unless they got teleported back. My point is, as shitty as it is to leave people behind, if it's only one person dead on the shuttle it might be worth abandoning it for the UWM ship.

Ninja'd >.>)

(And edited to assist Prosperus as well as leave off the UWM ship for the turn. We can probably wait one more.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 06:48:56 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12332 on: February 22, 2013, 04:05:52 am »

((It's a good idea to at least look over the UWM ship, regardless. It's... kind of an obvious trap, all things considered, but it's a kind of a usable trap, at least. Even if you don't leave on it, a person good enough with technology can use it to help right the HMRC shuttle. Then again, Jim is probably a better bet in that regard, as he at least has a decompensator. Still, just scouring the thing for documents or clues is a decent idea. A ship doesn't just stand around, intact and untouched, in the middle of an all-hells-breakout like this.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #12333 on: February 22, 2013, 04:42:52 am »

Jim attempts to flip that shit with his relevant Amp and then board it. If it doesn't work for whatever reason, he commandeers the UWM ship. By force if necessary.

(Who's dead again, just Bruce? I know Feyri and Faith are with us unless they got teleported back. My point is, as shitty as it is to leave people behind, if it's only one person dead on the shuttle it might be worth abandoning it for the UWM ship.

Ninja'd >.>)
((Please, Don't Kill me Jim, i want to live!))
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12334 on: February 22, 2013, 04:57:08 am »

(I don't want to leave anyone behind because it's a dick move... but at the same time if it takes me more than this turn to right that shuttle so we can board it and leave, that's risking twenty people's lives instead of just one or two. I mean, I'm sorry, but... :-\)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12335 on: February 22, 2013, 05:14:53 am »

"Gee, do you think the command ship has a lethal trap in it or one that merely turns us into thoughtless zombies in service of the sharkmist? 'Cause there's no way it's clear. Best case scenario: Command's there and they shoot us in the face without a second thought. Worst case scenario: it, like many other of the finer things in life, is trapped with a 1/8th or more kiloton bomb."

Give moral support to Jim as he tries to flip the shuttle over.

"Come on, dude! You can do it! You can do anything you put your mind to! Literally, unlike most people!"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12336 on: February 22, 2013, 05:49:05 am »

If someone wants to come with me go inside the UWM ship and start exploring, slowly and carefuly. Else, go back to the APC, see if there's anybody inside I can help or loot. Oh and if the team for some reason manages to fix the shuttle in one turn get to the shuttle.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 06:22:22 am by Parisbre56 »

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #12337 on: February 22, 2013, 06:44:56 am »

Lukas

Lukas opens a private comm channel to the rest of the team. "Well, things just keep getting better. How the fuck is the UWM ship untouched? Is command behind all shit that went down here and the shit that is going down now?"

If Jim's attempt to flip the shuttle fails, try to flip it 'manually.' Don't trust the UWM ship.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12338 on: February 22, 2013, 07:21:02 am »

Scan surroundings with heat vision, then help out with the flipping of the shuttle if Jim fails. Try to connect wirelessly to our shuttle and check if there is structural damage.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12339 on: February 22, 2013, 09:15:53 am »

"Guys, what do we do about the UWM ship? Do we check it out or leave it?"

Stay on guard and have a look overhead to see if there's some kind of machinery that could help with righting the shuttle.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12340 on: February 22, 2013, 09:44:11 am »

"O Pathmas, be generally in our favor as we escape this planet!  O Cog-azaon, grant our teammates the knowledge to successfully escape!  O Steve, may you speed our return to your light!"

Pray and be generally helpful.  Did I check the sample?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12341 on: February 22, 2013, 09:57:47 am »

"Ugh, well, I for one am not hanging around out here. Back me up or take your chances out here, it's your choice," Having regained his composure, Jobasio spoke in an even tone as he strode swiftly towards the seemingly intact Command ship, gauss rifle held to his shoulder and ready to aim at a moment's notice, "But I would not recommend lingering out here."

>Head cautiously into the UWN ship, rifle at the ready.

>Be ready to shoot anything that looks unfriendly.

>Try not to wee myself anymore. Try not to look like I'm about to wee myself anymore, either.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 10:00:19 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12342 on: February 22, 2013, 11:01:05 am »

"Great."

Depending on how far away the flipped APC is, try to fly a bit higher and see if anything has changed. Help flip the shuttle back into place if it comes down to physical force.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12343 on: February 22, 2013, 11:26:59 am »

I'm going to help investigate the UWM shuttle, if it comes to it, I'll probably be more help on there than out here.

Pull the detonator out of the blob of explosive, pull out a civilian rifle (for what good it'll do), and back up Jobasio.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12344 on: February 22, 2013, 11:45:10 am »

Help Jobasio out.
Pages: 1 ... 821 822 [823] 824 825 ... 1256