Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3937653 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2: Like Lambs to the Slaughter
« Reply #1230 on: April 20, 2012, 03:41:18 pm »

Adrian examines the explosive.
Mason assists in examining the explosive, judging whether its a remote-detonated charge, a volatile explosive that can be shot/heated to detonate, or a grenade-like explosive.
Mason and Adrian examine the explosive device together. It's a black, football sized and shaped metal thing, spray painted black, with a small screen and keypad on it. [Mason intelligence roll:6] [Adrian Intelligence roll:3] [Adrian Intuition roll:3]. Mason is positive the explosive is something he'd have to heat with his amp before it would detonate. Adrian, while not particularly sure about anything, has a feeling that the device can be programmed with a time delay.
"Hey, Mason, did you hear an explosion over the radio too?"
I'll just tell you that both you and mason would be able to hear the kick Erik just gave victor without the radio. It's that loud. pretty much everyone would have heard it, besides faith.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: April 20, 2012, 03:43:20 pm »

"Alright, we can go about this two ways. We can try to set the timer and hope we don't blow ourselves up, or I can just superheat it until it detonates. Does anyone here feel inclined to test their mechanical/electrical knowledge? If so, I'll step back and hope you don't get gore on my new boots."
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: April 20, 2012, 03:46:20 pm »

"Let's plant it on the wall, then you shoot it." Adrian reviews the equipment of everyone around him.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: April 20, 2012, 03:53:53 pm »

"No need."

Mason places the explosive on the wall, beckons everyone to get as far back as possible to avoid debris if the explosive turns out to be too powerful, and attempts to superheat a dime-sized point in the center of the explosive, detonating it.
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: April 20, 2012, 03:55:59 pm »

(( Are the amplifiers carried objects, or are they implants?))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: April 20, 2012, 03:56:58 pm »

(( Are the amplifiers carried objects, or are they implants?))

((Depends I guess. Apparently Amps are implants and manipulators are carried)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: April 20, 2012, 04:02:44 pm »

Elisaz jumps over the barrier, flexing his Kinetic Amplifier in one hand and his Microwave Manipulator in the other. He looks around.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: April 20, 2012, 04:50:02 pm »

Jim continues twisting that ankle and trying to kick Milno's remaining leg out from under him.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: April 20, 2012, 04:54:18 pm »

((Never should have gotten involved. GOD DANM! At least I'm ahead. speaking of which, please leave my head on the map.))
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: April 20, 2012, 04:59:35 pm »

((Never should have gotten involved. GOD DANM! At least I'm ahead. speaking of which, please leave my head on the map.))

(Cyborg-body buddy? :3)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: April 20, 2012, 05:08:23 pm »

(Cyborg-body buddy? :3)
((*sigh* Sure.))
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1241 on: April 20, 2012, 05:19:21 pm »

"Alright, we can go about this two ways. We can try to set the timer and hope we don't blow ourselves up, or I can just superheat it until it detonates. Does anyone here feel inclined to test their mechanical/electrical knowledge? If so, I'll step back and hope you don't get gore on my new boots."
"Let's plant it on the wall, then you shoot it." Adrian reviews the equipment of everyone around him.
"No need."

Mason places the explosive on the wall, beckons everyone to get as far back as possible to avoid debris if the explosive turns out to be too powerful, and attempts to superheat a dime-sized point in the center of the explosive, detonating it.

Mason places the explosive against the wall and he and everyone else back up a good distance. Adrian and everyone else press themselves against the ground while Mason kneels and stares at the bomb. He takes a deep breath and focuses on it, picturing a dime sized sphere in its center. [5-1] Your head throbs and your vision blurs slightly but you maintain your focus and, though you can't see it you're certain that you managed to heat that bomb to several hundred degrees. Nothing happens. Where is the earth shattering Kaboom?

Elisaz jumps over the barrier, flexing his Kinetic Amplifier in one hand and his Microwave Manipulator in the other. He looks around.
You hop off the barrier and down onto the hill below. You jog a little ways toward the front line. Around you are others like you, running toward the front; but there's no sign of any enemies.

Jim continues twisting that ankle and trying to kick Milno's remaining leg out from under him.
Evade Jim, heel kick to the back of his head so it crashes against the ground.
[Jim strength roll:4]
[Milno strength roll:3-1]
Milno tries to jerk his foot away from Jim but he can't quite get away.

[Jim strength roll:2]
[Milno end roll:6]
Jim attempts to twist Milno's ankle even more but Milno doesn't even seem to notice.

[Jim dex roll:3]
[Milno dex roll:1]

Jim swings himself around, and manages to kick Milno's remaining foot. It's not a hard kick but Milno is already off balance so he falls face first into the ground.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: April 20, 2012, 05:20:32 pm »

"Hey, what do you guys have for equipment?"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1243 on: April 20, 2012, 05:34:09 pm »

"Hey, what do you guys have for equipment?"
The men, there are 4, show you their weapons. 2 laser rifles, a monoatomic razor, a hand laser,  and one kinetic amplifier.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: April 20, 2012, 05:34:38 pm »

Escape Jim's grip, spring back up and execute a curbstomp attack against him.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 06:13:34 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 1256