Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3937798 times)

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2: Dear Dairy, I love a robot man.
« Reply #1215 on: April 20, 2012, 10:56:08 am »

"Alright, besides making me feel like I ran my brain through a blender, trying to cut through this wall with my Psyk-Amp was a total waste of time. I need some backup..."

Mason decides to continue walking along the wall, looking for some sort of entrance.

"...There's got to be an opening here somewhere!"
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: April 20, 2012, 12:32:54 pm »

Talk to the statue
"Are you friend or foe?"
If it replies friend, ask how to get into the main objective. If foe, fire gauss rifle at toreo.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: April 20, 2012, 01:54:11 pm »

"Alrighty folks, come with me and help me and my friends with busting you out." Lead them to Mason.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1218 on: April 20, 2012, 02:12:56 pm »

(Obviously you must sweep the leg. :3)

Jim brings his arms around to his left, then his right, then to the left again with enough force to spin his body around as he falls into an elbow drop onto Milno's back.
While Jim initiates his awkward dancing, Milno will try to move away, letting Jim hit the ground so he can apply a downwards kick to the back of his head to smash it against the floor.
[jim dex roll:2]
[milno dex roll:4]

Jim swings his arms, building momentum and then hurls himself downward, elbow aimed squarely for milno's spine. Milno rolls at the last second, escaping the full force of the attack but still catches a glancing blow.

[Jim strength roll:3]
[Milno end roll:6]

Jim's elbow glances of Milno's ribs like they were concrete. Milno smiles as he rolls to his feet and sweeps his leg into the air, preparing to bring his heel down on Jim's head. (Milno is Cocky: -1 to next evasive action)

[Milno dex roll:5]
[Jim Dex roll:6]

Milno brings his heel down like a guillotine, straight toward Jim's head. Jim's hands flash upwards, cybernetic hands clamping onto Milno's foot.

[Milno strength roll:2]
[Jim strength roll:3]

Milno's foot slows to a halt in jim's grasp, stopped just inches above his faceplate.

"Alright, besides making me feel like I ran my brain through a blender, trying to cut through this wall with my Psyk-Amp was a total waste of time. I need some backup..."

Mason decides to continue walking along the wall, looking for some sort of entrance.

"...There's got to be an opening here somewhere!"

You walk even farther from the main objective along the wall, searching for an entrance. You reach the end of the northern running wall without finding anything.

Talk to the statue
"Are you friend or foe?"
If it replies friend, ask how to get into the main objective. If foe, fire gauss rifle at toreo.
"Are you frie..."
The ground around the statue seems to explode and then it's nothing more then a blur, a smudge of white  hurling toward you at inhuman speeds.
[Ivan Dex roll:2]

You bring your rifle up and start to aim but it's already upon you, the whole world in front of you dominated by a mass of rippling alabaster muscle.

[Erik Dex roll:3+2]

The statue stops on a dime, standing directly in front of you. Before you can move, scream or even consciously understand what you're seeing, 4 arms move in unison, two hands wrapping themselves around your wrists while the other two clamp down on your throat. He lifts you into the air, pulling your arms out straight, trying to tear them from their sockets while strangling you. His black eyes stare directly into yours, like he can see past your faceplate.  Is mouth hangs open.

"Hallelujah"

GOD DANM IT ALL!!!
Hurry my cowardly butt to the group and follow them. Mainly Ivan. He can defend himself alone, he can defend me. Even when he doesn't know he is.
You scamper over toward where Ivan went, reasoning that if he can take care of himself then he can take care of you by killing anything that might happen to dislike your face. As you catch up to him you see that he's with that statue man. And that the statue man appears to be trying to tear him into pieces by hand. Maybe...maybe he wasn't the right one to follow...

"Alrighty folks, come with me and help me and my friends with busting you out." Lead them to Mason.
You lead your merry band of stranded space men up to where Mason is standing, examining the wall.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: April 20, 2012, 02:17:29 pm »

Jim immediately twists on Milno's ankle while moving to kick his other leg out from under him. Once he's grounded, Jim will grapevine his legs around the one he's holding to further prevent Milno from escaping the anklelock.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: April 20, 2012, 02:20:23 pm »

Finish the heel kick and bring his face to the ground. If it does not work, evade Jim, tackle his metallic body and use the momentum to elbow his faceplate with as much strength as humanly possible.

((I'm particularly proud of how Milno has been taking so many blows like a champ and fighting like a wild animal to boot.))
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 03:13:34 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: April 20, 2012, 02:25:03 pm »

cut statue mans legs off, then lower arms, then upper arms, then scream in fear, in that order
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: April 20, 2012, 02:32:36 pm »

"Who here has explosives?" Adrian asks his merry men if they have explosives on them or on their shuttle.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: April 20, 2012, 03:10:15 pm »

"Alright, we're going to need to figure out if we can blow this wall. If you have explosives of any kind, please step forth. Otherwi-"

Mason goes silent for a moment as his eyes flicker to the ground.

"Alright. I have no idea what this world really looks like, if this is all just an illusion placed on a barred rock full of fungus creatures, but I've noticed the grass doesn't sway naturally. Does anyone have a shovel? I'd like to see if we can even dig through the ground. If we can, huzzah. If not, I say we swing back around to where Ivan went off to, maybe the other side has a damn entrance."
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: April 20, 2012, 03:14:44 pm »

"You have that mind powered destructor thing right?"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1225 on: April 20, 2012, 03:29:09 pm »

Jim immediately twists on Milno's ankle while moving to kick his other leg out from under him. Once he's grounded, Jim will grapevine his legs around the one he's holding to further prevent Milno from escaping the anklelock.
Finish the heel kick and bring his face to the ground. If it does not work, evade Jim, tackle his metallic body and use the momentum to elbow his faceplate with as much strength as humanly possible.
Jim strength roll:4
Milno strength roll:1

Jim twists milno's ankle, forcing Milno to turn around to prevent bones from snapping.

Milno dex roll:3
Jim dex roll:1

Jim attempts to spin to the side and kick milno's remaining leg out of under him, but ends up doing nothing more then rocking and twisting embarrassingly, slowly inching his way around.

cut statue mans legs off, then lower arms, then upper arms, then scream in fear, in that order
You pull out your razor, power it on and charge, swinging the blade at the 4-armed man's legs.
[Erik dex roll:2+2]
[Victor dex roll: 5]

The statuesque man takes one hand from Ivan's neck and tries to grab you as you charge in, swinging your razor like a madman. You duck and dodge away from his grasping hands and swing hard at his right leg.

[Victor Uncon wep roll:4-1]

Your blow hisses across his flesh, synthetic tissue tearing as the monoatomic filament touches it. Your blow carves a shallow gash in his upper thigh.

[Erik dex roll:2+2]
[Victor dex roll:2]

Erik's massive hand reaches out and catches hold of your arm as you try to dodge away, his steely grip clamping down on you.

[Erik Strength roll:2+3]

Without a hint of hesitation or difficulty he hefts you into the air. He shifts his weight, raising one foot from the ground and coiling it up before kicking out straight at your chest.

[Victor dex roll: 1]
[Erik Dex roll:6+2]

You can do nothing as the blow lashes into you, colliding solidly with your solar plexus.

[Erik strength roll:3+3]
[Victor end roll:3+1]

You hear the ribs break and feel, vaguely, your shoulder separate from it's socket. Strangely, you can't feel any pain.

[Erik Uncon wep roll: 6+2]

And then the kinetic amplifier kicks in. The air around Erik's foot distorts for a instant as the forces of his blow multiply and there is nothing but a crack of thunder and a cloud of dust tinged with red. As the dust settles Erik is left standing, holding Victor's severed arm in one hand.  After a moment he drops it and returns to strangling Ivan while vents on his leg open and purge heat with a high pitched whine.

Meanwhile Victor's other arm, as well as his head and everything just above the nipple-line are coming to a rest about 50 yards away, somewhere near the shuttle. His lower half, conversely, now resides in several dozen fist sized chunks littering the ground near the entrance of the temple.

"Who here has explosives?" Adrian asks his merry men if they have explosives on them or on their shuttle.
"Alright, we're going to need to figure out if we can blow this wall. If you have explosives of any kind, please step forth. Otherwi-"

Mason goes silent for a moment as his eyes flicker to the ground.

"Alright. I have no idea what this world really looks like, if this is all just an illusion placed on a barred rock full of fungus creatures, but I've noticed the grass doesn't sway naturally. Does anyone have a shovel? I'd like to see if we can even dig through the ground. If we can, huzzah. If not, I say we swing back around to where Ivan went off to, maybe the other side has a damn entrance."

"Anyone here got explosives?" Adrian asks, looking at the crew of men behind him.

"I've got an 1/8 kilo charge" one of the men volunteers. "But I got it from a body, I'm not sure how to use it."

"Anyone got a shovel?" Mason chimes in.

The men look at each other for a few seconds and then the man in front shakes his head.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 03:32:01 pm by piecewise »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2: Like Lambs to the Slaughter
« Reply #1226 on: April 20, 2012, 03:30:48 pm »

Adrian examines the explosive.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: April 20, 2012, 03:31:43 pm »

Mason assists in examining the explosive, judging whether its a remote-detonated charge, a volatile explosive that can be shot/heated to detonate, or a grenade-like explosive.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: April 20, 2012, 03:36:15 pm »

Evade Jim, heel kick to the back of his head so it crashes against the ground.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: April 20, 2012, 03:38:08 pm »

"Hey, Mason, did you hear an explosion over the radio too?"
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 1256