Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 766 767 [768] 769 770 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3937387 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Death and Butts
« Reply #11505 on: January 18, 2013, 10:38:21 am »

[Team B Leader=Milno]

Milno entered the hospital and looked around for a while, flexing his sharpened mechanical fingers all the while, as if bothered by something.
"Any screaming idiots found already?"

Stay at the lobby, try to discern any strange sounds around the area aside from the work of the HMRC.
Spoiler: B Team (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Bad With Children
« Reply #11506 on: January 19, 2013, 12:24:00 am »

Since everyone is basically working together now:
Team Everyone

Going over the instruments used in making this fluid, and after examining said fluid in detail, try deducing what it is, what its properties are or what it could be used for.

To B team: "You guys finished already? Well, feel free to help here, but beware that this place's front door was rigged with explosives, so watch your back."

To A and C: "I am starting to think this place may house something other that medical personnel. I mean, doctors aren't really known for their use of explosives, and seeing how a hospital would be a prime target for looters, what with all the medication and other recourses lying around, we might have ourselves another bunch of convicts here. Or maybe rogue miners or something along those lines."

You go over and get a bit of the fluid in a beaker and start messing with it. You swirl the fluid around. It's got the consistency of water and is clear as well. Hmm, well that doesn't narrow it down at all. Might be able to know more if someone smells it or tastes it, but you'd need either someone expendable or very hard to kill...

Team D - Lukas - Graveyard

"Okay, there seems to be nothing here but dead people. Let's go do something useful."

Gently push Team D in the direction of the hospital lobby.

You gently...pick up the entirety of Team D and carry them all the way to the hospital lobby.

"Right, let's just do one final check for more ways out of here and we'll join up with the others. Hopefully they haven't killed themselves somehow."

Do a check of the whole place for extra enterances and exits before following Lukas to the others.
You take a quick look over Lukas' shoulder as he carries you out. Doesn't look like any extra entrances or exits, although a large section of the wall does look slightly different from the other parts.

First, Jim responded to Miyamoto. "Seems likely. This could be some sort of recreational drug... or a weapon. Get any random assortment of criminals together and odds are good one of them knows something about chemicals. I'm going to call Simus up here, then return to the main group." Next, he opened a channel. "Simus, I need you here right now. We have some sort of unknown chemical - a metric shit ton of it as a rough guesstimate - and I'd greatly appreciate it if you could science the hell out of it." Order given, he returned to the main area to brief everyone who had stayed behind. "No bodies, alive or dead. Let's keep moving. And let's do that by all of us going far, far away from the doors to ER." If everyone did so, Jim would then attempt to open them with his manipulation amp.
As in open every single door in the ER at once using your amp? The doors are rather sturdy looking air tight things, low level isolation doors to be blunt about it. Opening them all at once in a controlled fashion is gonna be tricky, even for you.

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"Let me have a look, Jim.  I've got a hunch.  Oh, and parts of this place are or were likely quarantined, so be careful what doors you all open."
Examine methlab.  Determine whether it's some sort of antidote or vaccine they're brewing.

Hmm..they're brewing some sort of clear fluid.  You guess you could smell it. Or taste it. Not like it would really hurt you. But as it is you have no idea what any of the ingredients here are, only that they appear to be condensing something...

Name:Flint/Deeper Scum - Team C - Hospital lobby

"I think you're being a bit paranoid with this booby trapped doors thing." Flint said while moving towards the ER.

Check the ER for hostiles or traps through the hole. Then enter. Cautiously. Open the first door I see in the hall and search the room.

"Any volunteers for eating the strange radioactive goo? Could be drugs... or 'drugs'." Flint joked.
You look around for demons and or monsters. You see none. You take a step forward. Nothing explodes. Good. good. You take another step and then 4 more and open one of the  doors. It's quite hard to do and you think you might have forced a lock, judging by the unpleasant grating metal sound. Inside is what looks like a rather ordinary hospital room, a bed and vital signs monitoring equipment- you don't know the name; the beep...beep...beep one- and an iv stand. Hmm...is it normal for a bed to have those restraints?

pancaek-team C- hospital lobby
"Well, that went better then I expected."
"expected, or hoped?"

Follow Flint to the ER, look around. If everything's safe, search the room next to Flints.

Name:Flint/Deeper Scum - Team C - Hospital lobby
"Any volunteers for eating the strange radioactive goo? Could be drugs... or 'drugs'." Flint joked.

"I volunteer if it needs testing. What's the worst that could happen?"
You attempt to open the door next to Flint but it seems locked. And unfortunately, unlike Flint, you are not iron man.

Stacy, Team C DJ, In Cafeteria.

"Mass-produced probably-evil liquids in the hospital, how nice! And here I thought the place couldn't get any safer and more wholesome."

Examine the production mechanism and analyze the involved components and ingredients. Deduce probable nature of produced liquid from analysis. Don't touch the machines, however.

Hmmm well it looks like they're condensing something, judging from this big spirally tube here. And there's this heated drum over here...
[int:1]
You pick up a beaker of the clear fluid and smash it over your head.

On my way.

Head to the ad-hoc freezer-based chemical lab, and examine all components of the machine as well as the liquid itself.

Yeah, you and everyone else.
[int:4+1]

You know, if you didn't know better, you would say this is a Still. But why would they be making alcohol? And what are they making it out of?

Go to the hospital with the rest of Team D. Keep an eye anything that might be useful as medical supplies. Painkillers, coagulants, real bandages, and maybe anti-viral drugs if there's anything obviously labelled as such. Steal them if there is.

"Sorry, just sort of spaced out there. Graveyards give me the spooks. And the shits. Either way, I'm going to see if there's anything useful laying around while everyone else looks for other stuff."

Well there's nothing laying around in the Lobby. Except ash and melted plastic and idiots. Lots of all of that.

[Team B Leader=Milno]

Milno entered the hospital and looked around for a while, flexing his sharpened mechanical fingers all the while, as if bothered by something.
"Any screaming idiots found already?"

Stay at the lobby, try to discern any strange sounds around the area aside from the work of the HMRC.
Spoiler: B Team (click to show/hide)

Hmm, well ignoring the sound of glass breaking, people talking and and generally wandering around you can't hear anything out of the ordinary. Sound of air from the vent system, very quiet hum of electricity from the lights. All normal. Distressingly so.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11507 on: January 19, 2013, 12:56:02 am »

(I thought there was one door from the lobby into the ER section, which is what I meant. >.>)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11508 on: January 19, 2013, 12:58:53 am »

((It's already melted.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #11509 on: January 19, 2013, 01:11:10 am »

((On a completely unrelated note, someone on-ship just clove The Doctor's skull in twain. Just saiyan'))
((Woah what who where?

Link please!))

Team C ; Feyri Nirel - Armored Mercenary

"Everyone, I'd request any of you not to...play with whatever liquids you find in here. Usually, they're labelled but given the timespan between civilization and anarchy, I'm betting regulation went down the drain. Still, they must be labelled."

Feyri's expression was like a :/ when she continued.

"Granted, I believe they won't try to vent any disease at us through the ventilation. It works anywhere (the ventilation that is) and if there's anyone in here, it would be always at the last place we'd be looking at.

"And Miya, the reputation of a doctor isn't obviously with explosives, but I can tell you that they're trained in the knowledge of chemistry - particularly bio and microbiochemistry and physiology. Oh, and improvised weaponry. Stay away from any oxygen tanks. Judging by the map, it seems the hospital layout is pretty...wrong.

"They haven't put the departments and their specific areas of work near each other."

Feyri decided to move forward and...err, did anyone get into the ER/Surgical room?

Spoiler: A/C Coalition (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11510 on: January 19, 2013, 01:42:45 am »

It's alcohol. And from the look of that liquid, and the fact that it'd be most unusual for doctors to be brewing, I'd be willing to bet that it's near pure - I doubt it's for drinking. Disinfectant, perhaps? But how'd they get something to ferment?

So, three options:
1. We're dealing with highly unorthodox doctors who are brewing alcohol for consumption. Unlikely, at least the latter part.
2. We're not dealing with the doctors. Would make sense, considering the explosive-trapped door.
3. The doctors were making a massive amount of near-pure alcohol for disinfectant. Also likely, considering that it's a plague.

There is a fourth option, but it's not quite as viable: Alcohol could be used as an explosive, if compressed or mixed with other, fairly common chemicals.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 01:47:06 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11511 on: January 19, 2013, 01:43:21 am »

((You ask, we deliver  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=108083.11430 ))

((By the way, Is there a reason I didn't get an int roll, or was it just hidden?))

"We could try to put a little bit of this stuff on fire, and see if it burns well. That could give us a hint as to what it is. Or we just keep exploring the place, and ask what it is to a survivor. If we find one, that is."

Start going towards surgical, bust open the room Pancaek can't open, then bust another one and look what's inside.

To Simus: "or maybe they used it to fuel their ad-hoc flamethrowers."
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 01:46:43 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11512 on: January 19, 2013, 02:25:07 am »

BY the way, in case some of you don't keep track of the on ship thread when not on ship, I am doing a Q&A session about the game. Send any question you want to my PM box with the subject of "ER Q&A" or something similar.

Feel free to ask anything you'd like, though I can't guarantee that I will answer it in it's entirety if that would be spoilery.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11513 on: January 19, 2013, 03:45:20 am »

Stacy, Team C DJ, Cafeteria.

"Well, I'm not melting yet. So it's obviously not water, heh. Wait, is that... no. Definitely not melting yet."

Find some water to wash the clear liquid off. Keep the remains of the broken beaker as evidence/impromptu shiv.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 12:55:49 pm by Harry Baldman »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11514 on: January 19, 2013, 05:05:18 am »

Name: Flint/I am iron man, nananananananuh I break locks - Team C - Hospital, ER

((I don't understand why you find a still in the secondary dining room so strange. I've already told you this is a dwarf fortress. They need alcohol to get through the working day. They probably built this still near their secondary food stockpile after the one in the farming area was burnt down by someone who had gone berserk or stark raving mad.))

Hey, one of those beep beep beep thingies. I've always wondered how they called them. "Hey, do any of the doctors here know if it's normal for a hospital bed to have restraints? Also, anybody knows how those beep beep beep thingies are called?"

Open the next door. If the room is the same as the previous one, keep opening doors until I either find something different or run out of doors.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 08:35:04 am by Parisbre56 »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11515 on: January 19, 2013, 05:11:32 am »

"EKGs, I think," Jim answered as he entered the ER hallway. "I've been hooked up to a few in my day." He tried a door at random.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11516 on: January 19, 2013, 05:46:59 am »

Name: Flint/I am iron man, nananananananuh I break locks - Team C - Hospital, ER

((I don't understand why you find a still in the secondary dining room so strange. I've already told you this is a dwarf fortress. They need alcohol to get through the working day. They probably built this still near their secondary food stockpile after the one in the farming area was burnt down by someone who had gone berserk or stark raving mad.))

((Wait a minute... Nonsensical room layout, massive booze stockpile, total collapse of society after the miners found something deep below, horrible disease that started spreading, massive wealth they suddenly aquired...

By god, the man is right, this is a dwarf fortress! And they apparently opened the circus, meaning clowns when we get down there.

I suddenly don't really want to go down there anymore))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11517 on: January 19, 2013, 05:50:42 am »

(Oh come on. :3 Tonight we shall dine in hell, and then we'll wall it off to keep the demons out of the rest of the fort.)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11518 on: January 19, 2013, 06:18:36 am »

Try to figure out what the first step and ingredient of this distilling process is.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #11519 on: January 19, 2013, 07:18:04 am »

((Wait a minute... Nonsensical room layout, massive booze stockpile, total collapse of society after the miners found something deep below, horrible disease that started spreading, massive wealth they suddenly aquired...

By god, the man is right, this is a dwarf fortress! And they apparently opened the circus, meaning clowns when we get down there.

I suddenly don't really want to go down there anymore))

((Welcome to Boatmurdered Hospital, enjoy your stay))

Pancaek stares at the door for a moment, lost in thought.
"Don't look now, but the old man is mocking you." "What, no he isn't" "Oh he is, look at him, he's gloating over how he's stronger than you are in that fancy suit, true as true" "He isn't, strop trying to make me angry...you...what ARE you?" "I'm you, doofus, but just call me Lijah, now go teach him a lesson" "no, shut up, shut up, -"

"shut up you frakking son of a -...ah...haha..."
"You seem to be losing it"
"Heya flint, let me help you with the doors, you open it and I'll be ready to shoot if anything tries to kill ya"

keep rifle ready and stand by Flint when he breaches the doors
Pages: 1 ... 766 767 [768] 769 770 ... 1256