Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 708 709 [710] 711 712 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3941150 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Civilians killed: 109
« Reply #10635 on: December 11, 2012, 01:26:48 am »

"Do you want to take that chance? Also, having the middle of a steel door melt infront of your eyes from something that you can't see would be pretty shocking for anyone that doesn't know about manipulators, which would give us an edge in a fight if they give us trouble."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #10636 on: December 11, 2012, 02:16:34 am »

"I don't trust these manipulators. How can one know if they'll do what you tell em to? Anyway, you can always use it to create something like a flashbang after opening. And if somebody wants to try something else on the door just give the order and I'll stop."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10637 on: December 11, 2012, 02:36:45 am »

'In that case: Flint, please step away from the door so that we can try something else to get through. If that plan fails however, you'll get to do your thing. Besides, who says this bomb has the same triggering mechanism? Maybe this one is radio controlled, who knows? Maybe I'm being too cautious here, but so far no-one on my team has been hurt, and I'd like to keep it that way.'

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #10638 on: December 11, 2012, 02:56:44 am »

Team A and B

I'll regroup in a moment Jim, just need to see what I managed to do to the building on the right first.

Check out the building on the right.

You walk into the wreckage of the building, kicking aside bits of debris as you wander through the great crater where the front half of the building used to be. Welp, first problem here is that getting up on those other levels is  gonna be a bit hard; you dun blowed up the staircase.

((...I'm getting confused whether we should torture the guy or not.))

[Team B Leader=Milno]

"Try telling them more, like the fact they are to be granted clemency for their actions.." Milno said to the man, adding his own touch by blaring his external comms at full sound:
"The blueshirt here is correct. We have been sent here as part of a rescue mission to take to safety every civilian we are able to get our hands on. We are also allowed to retaliate with lethal force if you do not cooperate with our attempts to save your sorry asses. The group over at the government district suffered heavy losses until they surrendered to us, but now they received clemency and were safely led to the APCs. The big guy here can assure you this is the truth. Do not make our mission harder than it already is, you do not want to face us."

Talk to the man and order him around. Again. Buzz away with the big guy in tow if they try to take down the door, create handles or anything of the like.

"Here's what I'm thinking, unless anyone wants to shoot the door with their WMD of choice I'm going to try to make a handle for our superbots here, so that they can pry the door open. I don't think there will be any problems. I mean how many explosives can they have?"

"That may open or damage the door if you miss, triggering any explosives." Milno pointed out.

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)

The man shouts the affirmative about your statement and, after a long pause you hear someone rap on the door from the inside. A very muffled, very quiet voice leaks out from behind the door.

"We can't get out."

"That-"
Lead May on ahead. Try and get to Milno.

"That-"
Lead May on ahead. Try and get to Milno.

Acquire piggyback ride from Thomas.

Thomas gives May a piggyback ride toward Milno. As it turns out a half mile is a long way to carry someone, so they only make it back to the elevator.

Check the last building- the one I'm not in nor full of dead love slaves.

You Join Simus, staring at the cross section of the building and trying to think of a way to access it's other floors.

Team C and D

Team D - Lukas - PD

"Nooo, Patsy is bent!"

Check whether Lukas can move around in PD size wise. Be sad about Patsy. Wait for shit to go down.

It looks like you can move easily through the part blown out by the explosion, though the other halls and rooms are still too small.

Stacy, Team C Physimancer, Police Department.

"I'd advise shooting or melting that door from a distance, if you want to. There's no real reason they couldn't have mined two doors with the veritable craploads of explosives they may have had."

Retreat from closed door back to the entrance of the Police Department area. Examine my camera as I do so.
Which camera?

You move back to the entrance to the police station plaza.

Name:Flint/Deeper Scum - Team C - the Fortress of Explodage
Go stand near Flint, give moral support
You give Flint a hug. And a firm pat on the butt.
Flint looked at the man trying to hug a charred, bloody (no, literally bloody, as in covered in blood) mining exosuit with a look of utter puzzlement. Well, at least he didn't give me a spoon. This can be considered... friendly. And not at all inappropriate. Not at all. I mean who would be into robots? "Okay, okay, I missed you too, now cut it out. There's no need to start a bromance here."

"Here's what I'm thinking, unless anyone wants to shoot the door with their WMD of choice I'm going to try to make a handle for our superbots here, so that they can pry the door open. I don't think there will be any problems. I mean, how many explosives can they have?"

Try to use the chisel on the seam of the door (or someplace appropriate if a seam doesn't exist) to make a handle so that Miyamoto can pry the door open. Help pry the door open if needed. Stop and retreat if anyone decides to shoot the door, or if ordered to stop.

You begin stabbing at the door with the chisel, the powerful thrusts ringing through the empty, charred remains of the station. You can't manage to cut through, but you open up a nice seam for giant robot men to grab hold of.

'You know, the amp users could just try to melt the door away. Or at least the center area. That way, any explosive present should be safely detonated from a distance, and if not we will notice it is there. Or maybe we can use our mining laser on it to cut a hole, that thing is rechargeable anyway. Anyone got a better plan?'

If we go through with the plan, stand well back from the door and behind some wall. If not, examine the door/doorway closely, especially try to spot weak structural points.

'Flint, you probably don't want to stand too close to that door, for all we know it is boobytrapped too. Let's open that sucker from a good distance, shall we?'

You don't see any inherent weak points; not that it would matter now. The heat and force of the blast has basically crushed these doors into a single metal plate. Now it's just a matter of prying or shooting your way in.

Stand a good distance away from the door until someone shoots is open.

((Should have been a bit more specific in my action. Oh well. ))
(Unspecific actions give me leeway. I am not the sort of man who should be given leeway.)

You just kinda stand around, feeling mildly foolish, rocking back and forth on your heels.

Team D Leader Faith, Explosion Tunnels

"Oh, so that wasn't you... how'd you get a hold of the Governor, then?

And yeah yeah, Governor Magister, corrupt important guy who's in charge of everything within a jump of himself.

Anyway, thanks for the help. Sorry about, uh, murdering a lot of your friends and probably murdering a lot more when we break into that fortress."

She paused for a few moments.

"You think you're gonna be alright up there?"

Talk more.

"Oh, the Governor was us. The riots were still going on when we got out.  The Governor had barricaded himself in the gov-sec plaza along with what few police he had left. It wasn't hard to take it. Though I'd be lying if I told you I remember exactly what happened."

He looks back at you, "200 year old whiskey dulls the memory something lovely."

Bishop hummed in thought as he examined the fused door. Definately a problem, considering the booby trapped door they had just handled before.

"Yeah, it's fused shut from the explosion so we need to either cut it or tear it off. I'm not cutting it incase it's trapped too, so you guys can sort it out. I think that the amps are our best bet for handling this safely."

Take cover a good distance from the door and keep an eye on it.

You take cover a good ways from the door, just in case.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10639 on: December 11, 2012, 03:00:24 am »

Tear open the door, shout following:

'You might wanna stand back in there, just saying.'

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #10640 on: December 11, 2012, 03:14:10 am »

Team D - Lukas - PD ruins

Assist Miyamoto
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #10641 on: December 11, 2012, 03:18:26 am »

Name:Flint - Team C - Fortress backdoor

Assist our giant robotic overlords. Look for a new shield if they don't need help.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10642 on: December 11, 2012, 05:58:44 am »

Feyri Nirel ; Team C Mercenary, Topographically near Milno.

Feyri's mouth flopped like a fish as she heard the conversation, mainly on what That Guy said as a reply and what else happened when Milno tried his work. That Guy didn't seem to get what she asked, and that someone actually replied at the sound of clemency when it related to their friends...Maybe it was just her. Again.

That was not a joyous feeling.

"So...About this prison. What happened to the people in there? I've found files regarding their need to be 'controlled'. Are they in league with you?"

Ask this to That Guy.

Quote from: Feyri Nirel ; Broadcasting on Private Channel
Is it just me, or does Command know a lot more than they let up? They specifically say the Prison is our last step on this floor. While I'd say they're doing it for practicality's sake [Information abound and whatnot], this does not affirm why they're not telling us 'unimportant' details, like this Colony's Name and-...

"Hey, Guy. What can we call you by the way? Whats the name of this whole Colony?"

Spoiler: Team C and D (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 06:02:23 am by Tiruin »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10643 on: December 11, 2012, 06:40:45 am »

Prepare to fire if something should happen. Keep a careful eye out for signs of a trap or thrown grenades, and stay in cover the whole time.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10644 on: December 11, 2012, 06:41:13 am »

((Inb4 the captured blueshirt has higher skills than anyone on the team))

Team D Useless Person, Jobasio: Somewhere in the Police Fortress

"Smells like progress to me. I imagine having huge chunks blown out of the building you're in would be rather traumatic."
He wandered over to the door the robotic members of the team were dealing with, slung his rifle and decided to make himself useful. "If they're surrendering, we're going to have to get them out of here intact."

>Begin clearing a safe path from the door the surrendering folks are behind to the entrance of the fortress.
Presumably they're without protective suits, so fire bad. Don't push myself too hard, though, no trying to lift huge chunks of rubble or getting impaled on jutting rebar.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #10645 on: December 11, 2012, 07:12:49 am »

"Smells like progress to me. I imagine having huge chunks blown out of the building you're in would be rather traumatic."
"I can assure you, its not a very good experience. My head is still spinning a little and I can hardly hear a thing. I'm surprised those guys inside can hear us. This building must be very well built to shield them from such blast."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10646 on: December 11, 2012, 07:46:29 am »

((Inb4 the captured blueshirt has higher skills than anyone on the team))
((I've been wondering about that. He did manage to point-blank Milno with a rocket launcher and live to tell about it.))

Team D Leader Faith, Explosion Corridor

Faith perked up at the response. They might actually get these people out without murdering half of them, that'd be nice.

"Well that went better than expected. Guess I should see if I can help out."

Help out in the evacuation if there's anything I can do. Clearing rubble, helping people who can't stand, etc.

Try to intuit McDude's skills and stats while I'm at it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10647 on: December 11, 2012, 08:00:00 am »

((I was mainly referring to how Tir was calling him 'That Guy'. :P Geddit?))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10648 on: December 11, 2012, 08:06:21 am »

((I was mainly referring to how Tir was calling him 'That Guy'. :P Geddit?))
((I can't get anything anymore!? D:

I was thinking along Irony's line of thought there...))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10649 on: December 11, 2012, 09:03:46 am »

"Steve, guide our efforts!  Simus, we can probably just make a staircase, but since you're stronger than me..."

Look for debris to move around to build a staircase.  Get Robo-Simus to help.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 708 709 [710] 711 712 ... 1256