Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 688 689 [690] 691 692 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3937515 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Civilians killed: 104
« Reply #10335 on: December 06, 2012, 03:21:59 am »

(Sorry.  I will be getting a decompensator as soon as I can.)

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"I have an idea.  It involves kicking her until the excess coagulant drugs fall out, so she won't be bleeding or siezing to death!  By God, I am a genius.  Hey Brother Lars, don't suppose you've got a ritual or something for medical stuff?"

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #10336 on: December 06, 2012, 03:49:15 am »

Team D - Lukas - PD

Lukas tries to find a spot where he can get secure footing and still have a clear view of the fortified wall. If he succeeds, he starts charging his particle cannon.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #10337 on: December 06, 2012, 04:07:32 am »

Name:Flint - Team C - Entrance to the fortress of doom

If the wall to the window isn't easily climbable, use the chisel to form a ladder for my non-exosuit wearing comrades, help anyone who wants to get in and then get in myself.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 05:12:46 am by Parisbre56 »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10338 on: December 06, 2012, 05:21:33 am »

Feyri Nirel ; Team C Mercenary

"Alright, I'm sick and tired of the silent treatment." Feyri said to Faith and Miya, repeating the broadcast to anyone in range.

She turned her gaze above her, glad that her faceplate was up for once and dropping her weapons at her feet.

State an ultimatum for peace.

"Hey, everyone in there! Look, we're only here to find out what is going on with whatever happened in here. We're not Deeper Scum or whatelse you've called us, OK? We only want a peaceful negotiation with whoever is competent and brave enough to converse with us.

"I mean, your boys right at the door had police badges, aye? So that means you people are the police,"
Feyri winked at the nearest sentient ally. "Yeah, we blew them up...but that was an accident, OK? They shot first, and I," she stated her name, "believe that we're all under an illusion of fear. We're not whoever killed your anyone, and we've seen the carnage the...Miners, I guess, caused up in the first surface levels. I guess that's Deeper Scum, for you?

"We won't hurt you if you won't hurt us, and we're willing to negotiate. I mean, why wage a battle when we can solve it by words?

"Also, I'm tragically pissed at how you're treating your guests. We will be forced to use...force in finding out whatever happened here if nobody is willing to talk, so you've got a few seconds until the big guy - not a Miner, or a psychotic killer - does whatever.

"I repeat, the people who are wearing the mining exoskeletons aren't miners. We just scavenged them off the dead above. We've also found people alive behind the doors your "For the Greater Good" signs were. So yeah, we've got survivors."

Spoiler: Team C and D (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 05:25:24 am by Tiruin »

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #10339 on: December 06, 2012, 06:03:14 am »

((I hope the diplomacy doesn't work out and Lukas gets to fire his particle cannon.))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10340 on: December 06, 2012, 06:06:41 am »

Bishop zips back down to the ground and lands near the rest of the group.

"It's clear from what I could see. Think we can do a two pronged attack, one from ground and one from upstairs? I'll lift some of you smaller guys up there if you want to go in that way."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10341 on: December 06, 2012, 07:11:38 am »

((You deserved your rest.

@Medics: Have you checked if it is possible to get a dynamic bonus by spending one turn preparing to apply medical care to someone?))

[Team B Leader=Milno]

"Fine, wait a moment and I'll confirm it. Anyway, can you also talk to your people over in the police department building and convince them to lay down their weapons if clemency is extended to them? There are two more of our teams there, and they'll break into the police station pretty soon, and even if you don't have radios I could fly you there." he said, narrowing his eyes.

Milno then contacted the command through the comms.
"Hey, they are asking for clemency, absolution of their crimes in exchange for surrender. Should I just say 'yes' without minding if you actually concede it or not and drag them to the APCs? They have fucklots of guns and I doubt they'll allow the other team safe passage as well."

To teams C and D: "We may have found a shot at getting your side to surrender as well. You may want to put a hold on anything involving breaking in and killing them for some seconds or minutes until I confirm something with the guy who's surrendering here."

Talk to the man and ask command.

Actions in case of shit are still standing.

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10342 on: December 06, 2012, 07:13:10 am »

((By 'first floor' I meant the first floor that isn't the ground floor. Oh well, guess I'll just roll with it.))

Okay then Bishop, you go from the top, we go from the bottom. Best not go up all the way though, if you get ambushed we might be too far away to come help.

Enter through window, scan room with normal, then heat vision. If anyone tries to fire a heavy weapon, shoot 'em with my gauss rifle. If someone fires at me with small arms, boost over to them, pick them up by their arms and use 'em as a shield.

To Milno over radio: 'We were just breaking into their compound, we'll try to wait and see what happens. But so far all they've done is shoot at us, then shoot us some more. We'll see what happens.'

« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 07:18:33 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #10343 on: December 06, 2012, 07:15:08 am »

"Yep, Bishop, hoist me up."

Get hoisted wherever Bishop is putting me to. Laser rifle at the ready to fire.
It's a game. Have fun.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10344 on: December 06, 2012, 07:28:19 am »

Stacy, Team C Physimancer, Next to Police Department.

"Radio signal's coming from deep down, seems like. I can say with some certainty that something still lives down there."

Stacy sighs mournfully.

"If only the miners below would have had the common decency to die like the ones above us. Now they're going to be shooting at us with mining lasers."

Wait outside the police department for now. Try to think how thick the rock layer would have to be to let a garbled radio transmission through. Consider how many floors below the transmission may have originated.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 07:59:28 am by Harry Baldman »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #10345 on: December 06, 2012, 07:41:50 am »

((I hope the diplomacy doesn't work out and Lukas gets to fire his particle cannon.))
((You just want a chance to say 'imah firin mah laz0r'.))
((@Caellath "Contacted command through the comms" could be interpreted as talking to command through the comms we all use by someone who overthinks things, ie me))
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 08:13:56 am by Parisbre56 »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10346 on: December 06, 2012, 07:45:10 am »

((Milno sent that message to Command only, Paris. :P))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #10347 on: December 06, 2012, 08:27:34 am »

((http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-20614593

All your arguments are now invalid.))
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 08:30:24 am by Prosperus »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10348 on: December 06, 2012, 08:39:58 am »

((@Caellath "Contacted command through the comms" could be interpreted as talking to command through the comms we all use by someone who overthinks things, ie me))
((Sorry about that, but I thought I had made it clear. I am contacting Command only to avoid people from the teams shouting "kill them all!" or asking too many questions through the comms.))
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10349 on: December 06, 2012, 08:50:48 am »

Feyri felt the urge to scratch her nose. It was itchy.

Quote from: Feyri Nirel = Command
A bit curious here, what was the name of this colony again?

Ask command of the name of this colony.

Another memory.

"You were told you were here to back us up. This is untrue. You are here to do a job and then we are here to clean up afterwards."

"The buildings you saw were the upper level of a colony. It is self sufficient and for the most part was self governing with very little UWM oversight. Approximately 3 months ago it's citizens began to fall ill. At time of last transmission 60% of the populace was dead and open riots had broken out. The government asked us for assistance. That was two weeks ago."

...yep, I fail forever. Illness seems to be the provoking force...but then, judging by the timespan...Two and a half months with riots - that means they were confident not to ask aid.

UMW- no that's UWM...Military. It took Two and a HALF MONTHS to ask for aid, with about sixty percent dead.

...Open rioting. 60% death. 2 and a half months for aid and asking.

Quote from: Feyri Nirel ; Broadcasting to all MK suits in range
Heeey everyone.

The Marine said he and his men would be following, so I'm guessing they're scouring the area above us. Our informant didn't tell of what equipment they'd be bringing.

Also, colony name?

Alsoalso, fungi do live in environments without oxygen, right?
Pages: 1 ... 688 689 [690] 691 692 ... 1256