Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3941173 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2: Hedge Maze from Hell.
« Reply #1005 on: April 18, 2012, 12:20:50 am »

Follow dark shape while trying to fly!
You chase the dark shape through the alleyways, everything a blur of motion and uncertain light. You have a gun in your hand. The walls are growing tighter here, you're scraping against them as you run. You're sprinting around corners, nothing but haze. Finally you round a corner and here it is, that shadowy figure, trapped against a wall. It waves it's hands at you. 
"I have found more clearing like this, with people stranded like you, and presumably me.", Adrian writes.
"They are us. All paths lead back to here, this exact spot." He stabs the ground with his finger for emphasis. "No matter where you go, you end up here."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: April 18, 2012, 12:27:50 am »

I should experiment with how this platform interacts with computers. Jim decided to go to the computers and find out if it was possible to hook into them directly, therefore bypassing physical input entirely. He would also try to download a beginner-level tutorial on handling conventional firearms while there to see if it was possible to store information for later analysis.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1007 on: April 18, 2012, 12:36:42 am »

I should experiment with how this platform interacts with computers. Jim decided to go to the computers and find out if it was possible to hook into them directly, therefore bypassing physical input entirely. He would also try to download a beginner-level tutorial on handling conventional firearms while there to see if it was possible to store information for later analysis.
You look at the computer, examining the tower and the monitor, as well as yourself. You find a cover just between your shoulder blades and after flipping it up can feel...well, your new body's equivalent of feel... some sort of port for the connection of a wire. There are several wire ports on the pc too. Too bad you don't have the required wire. [Intuition roll:5+1] Maybe Steve might know who has a wire? Or maybe you can make one yourself?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: April 18, 2012, 12:50:18 am »

Jim felt that if you didn't know something yourself, the best thing to do was ask someone who did know. "Steve, what sort of cable or wire do I need to connect this platform to a computer console, and where can I get one? Or get materials to make one?" Something else occurred to him to. "And, uh, if you don't mind answering... why didn't you try to get a body yourself? Isn't it boring to be confined to one place all the time?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: April 18, 2012, 12:51:29 am »

"EXACTLY!" Faith shouted. "WHAT fire? There's no fire, it's just an illusion. It looks like there's a fire there," Faith said, pointing at the raging inferno, still panting a bit.

"Okay, so... I just have to remember it's not real."

Attempt to will fire away and break out of hallucination.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: April 18, 2012, 01:00:37 am »

Adrian tells his partner the news he just learned then writes"We were told we were the fourth crew in. Care to join us in sefking the others?"

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: April 18, 2012, 01:08:02 am »

Adrian tells his partner the news he just learned then writes"We were told we were the fourth crew in. Care to join us in sefking the others?"

Mason remains hidden, as he still does not know what is causing the dimensional distortion, nor if the men are who they claim to be.

"Ask them a question that only the actual crew would know. Perhaps throw in a trick question like asking what a random person did before they joined this crew, too.

Can you get any closer to them?{
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1012 on: April 18, 2012, 01:13:59 am »

Jim felt that if you didn't know something yourself, the best thing to do was ask someone who did know. "Steve, what sort of cable or wire do I need to connect this platform to a computer console, and where can I get one? Or get materials to make one?" Something else occurred to him to. "And, uh, if you don't mind answering... why didn't you try to get a body yourself? Isn't it boring to be confined to one place all the time?"

>Interfacing with the computers? In public? Children these days.

>In all seriousness though, we don't let you cyborgs go running around using the net and downloading all sorts of programs into yourselves anymore. Ever seen some synth-flesh bastard with a brain full of spyware and viruses? It's a lot like a fleshy one packed full of amphetamines. We lost 6 conscripts the last time.

>Talk to the Research guys. They'll set you up with an account on the pc, screen any programs you want, and install them for you. They love that crap.

>As per your second question, my body is a 2.7 Kilometer long spaceship with enough fire power to wipe out whole civilizations at a time and the capacity to travel literally anywhere in the universe. You are significantly more confined than me.

"If we can get out of here."

He motions for you to follow him again and walks toward the wreckage they're clustered around.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1013 on: April 18, 2012, 01:18:30 am »

"EXACTLY!" Faith shouted. "WHAT fire? There's no fire, it's just an illusion. It looks like there's a fire there," Faith said, pointing at the raging inferno, still panting a bit.

"Okay, so... I just have to remember it's not real."

Attempt to will fire away and break out of hallucination.
[will roll: 5-1] You stare at the fire, telling yourself over and over again that it isn't real; that the heat you're feeling is just a trick, that heat wouldn't be able to penetrate the suits. You close your eyes and repeat it to yourself like a mantra. When you open your eyes again, the fire is gone, but your head still hurts a little.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: April 18, 2012, 01:20:32 am »

Faith breathed an enormous sigh of relief. Then she turned to Ivan.

"Okay, we've got to get out of here. This is causing hallucinations, maybe near the ship will be safer."

She then turned to the comm. "Hello? Anyone out there? I know there's three of you, what's going on?"

Return to ship, attempt to contact comrades.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: April 18, 2012, 01:22:08 am »

Adrian sits with the crew, and listens tn what he has to tell him, then writes "What did you do before joining our merry little voyage?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1016 on: April 18, 2012, 01:39:53 am »

Adrian sits with the crew, and listens tn what he has to tell him, then writes "What did you do before joining our merry little voyage?
"What do you mean?"

((Just wondering, but how are personal questions going to help you? You don't know anything about these people, you'll have no idea if they're telling the truth.))

Faith breathed an enormous sigh of relief. Then she turned to Ivan.

"Okay, we've got to get out of here. This is causing hallucinations, maybe near the ship will be safer."

She then turned to the comm. "Hello? Anyone out there? I know there's three of you, what's going on?"

Return to ship, attempt to contact comrades.
You head back to the ship, your headache clearing a bit as you do. You sit down next to the ship and try to make contact with everyone. Ivan Answers, Victor grunts, but Adrian and Mason are silent.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: April 18, 2012, 01:48:15 am »

"Thanks, Steve." I suppose you get used to being a ship after a while... but I prefer still being able to walk around if I get a notion to. He headed to the research labs to ask some of the scientists standing around bored if they could help get him set up with everything.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: April 18, 2012, 01:51:57 am »

"Just checking if you were real. Have you seen anyone go by?" Adrian writes before examining the wreckage.

OOC: About your last post, when you say me and Mason are silent do you mean radio silent? Or are we there?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1019 on: April 18, 2012, 02:12:50 am »

"Just checking if you were real. Have you seen anyone go by?" Adrian writes before examining the wreckage.

OOC: About your last post, when you say me and Mason are silent do you mean radio silent? Or are we there?
Silent on the radio. You guys do know where you are, right? See it on the map and all? You're nowhere near the ship or faith.

"No. Some come here, none leave. I am from the second ship sent in."

You look at the wreckage. It's a big chuck of something metal. Looks to have been quite forcefully torn from it's original place. The man continues to motion for you to follow him around to the back of the wreckage.

"Thanks, Steve." I suppose you get used to being a ship after a while... but I prefer still being able to walk around if I get a notion to. He headed to the research labs to ask some of the scientists standing around bored if they could help get him set up with everything.
You head to the research wing of the ship and the airlock of the labs. A man in a security booth set into the wall beside the door looks at you and asks "Whats your business here?"
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 1256