Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 667 668 [669] 670 671 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3941220 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Civilians killed: Many
« Reply #10020 on: December 01, 2012, 10:00:02 pm »

Jim, no! Don't kill them - yet!

Get out of Jim's way and away from him in general, sharpish!
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10021 on: December 01, 2012, 10:19:45 pm »

((Civilians killed: Many... D:))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10022 on: December 01, 2012, 10:30:49 pm »

((Bloody amps. >:( They take all the fun out of murderising civilians.

Post later, just checking in right now.))

>Placeholder action: Follow the others, durr. Try not to look too closely at the poor sods suffering their fiery death.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10023 on: December 01, 2012, 10:31:46 pm »

((Civilians killed: Many... D:))
((We should really try to get a more accurate count, to better quantify our shame.

"Civilians killed: 5"

"Civilians killed: 13"

"Civilians killed: 64 (thanks Mesk!)"

"Civilians killed: 182+, or Sambo Finds A New Toy"

"Civilians killed: Are We Counting Ruptured Reactor Victims?"

:P))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10024 on: December 01, 2012, 10:35:04 pm »

((You monsters! D:

We need to work on better titles.

"Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission  8: Civilians flambéed: Many"))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10025 on: December 01, 2012, 10:37:59 pm »

Dive behind Thomas.

"Hey guys, time for Fire?" May asks the following as she wiggles her MFM arm around a bit.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10026 on: December 01, 2012, 10:49:20 pm »

((Soo. Jim talks about peace, about not reacting with lethal force to anything that hasn't inflicted lethal wounding, blablabla...He's acting a lot like Travis and I'm wondering if I should apply Jim's philosophy and peacemaker attitude on him. :P))
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 10:52:09 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10027 on: December 01, 2012, 11:28:10 pm »

((Here's just something random: Originally, I was saying Elisaz looked somewhere between Kanye West and Swoozie.

But I went to the movies tonight and I realized who I was really modeling Elisaz to look like: Jamie Foxx with mustache and beard.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #10028 on: December 01, 2012, 11:36:19 pm »

Team A and B
Jim reacts with extreme violence, first using his mass manipulation amp to topple the barricade back toward the shooters, then using his microwave amp to melt it so anyone trapped under it suffers a horrifying death.

(There you go, Irony. :P Sad thing is I wrote this before reading all the responses, but I'm not going to change it because these asshole NPCs need to be made an example out of.)

Jim, no! Don't kill them - yet!

Get out of Jim's way and away from him in general, sharpish!

"FUCK, GET TO COVER!"
Run, get the head of Mesk if i can.
((Oh Crap, Oh God, Oh God Of Crap, save us please your crapyness!))
[Team A Bullet Catcher - Mesk]

"...!"
Shit, not again!
Heal myself, physician.  Try and get back to do a self-check.

[Team B Leader=Milno=Government District]

"Cyborg lady, I know you want very much to be party face, but stand down and let others do the talking as well." Milno said, noting the others also wanted their shot at diplomacy.

He then motioned to his back quite nonchalantly. "Crouch, drop to the ground and roll or whatever, but the unarmed lemmings have to take cover behind me. I can take those hits, anddo not shoot until I have establish they can't be reasoned with."

"We are a rescue team. Stop firing now and let your leader, representative or one of you talk to us. Cease fire now or we will retaliate with lethal force. I repeat, we are a rescue team; stop firing and talk to us or we will retaliate." he said through his external voice system at full volume after Simus did her stuff.

Act as a human shield. Issue the shooters the order to stop firing after Simus and the rest do their own talking. If the hostiles keep shooting, try to count their numbers and identify a leader through their motion scans (a figure that seems to be leading the rest).

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)
Team B, Chaplain- Government Sector

Lars hits the deck, suddenly unarmed.  He shouts over the external speakers.

"Cease your fire!  This is the HMRC, representing the UWM on a rescue mission!  We mean you no harm, and seek to evacuate you!  Cease fire and drop your weapons, or we will be forced to respond in kind!"

He switches back to group radio.

"All praise be to Ingram!  He has spared me in his mercy from a bullety death!  Hail his name!  Praise Pathmas for his divine machinations!"

Hit the deck!  Hearing Milno, roll behind him.  Shout out, sing praises at team.

[Team B Sniper: Thomas]
"Jim! Don't..."
Thomas dives for cover!
"May! Come on!"
So, do I open fire, or try to talk them down?

Maybe I'm suicidal, but these don't have to be our enemies. Besides, does it really matter at this point if I get shot?

Along with Simus, Kyle called out

"Whoever you are, STAND DOWN! We're here to rescue you, not kill you!"

Dive behind Thomas.

"Hey guys, time for Fire?" May asks the following as she wiggles her MFM arm around a bit.

Bruce grabs the wounded mesk and yanks him behind milno, Mesk's body already beginning to move again as his spine regenerated. Everyone in the vicinity immediately scampers and hides behind Milno's protective cloak, even rounds shatter themselves on his chest.

""We are a rescue team. Stop firing now and let your leader, representative or one of you talk to us. Cease fire now or we will retaliate with lethal force. I repeat, we are a rescue team; stop firing and talk to us or we will retaliate."

Milno's announcement is answered in two ways. The first being a high caliber shell striking him dead center in the forehead area of his helmet. His armor takes the shot, cracking ever so slightly, but it's a hell of a blow and his head whips back, almost knocking him off balance. The only thing that keeps him up is all the terrified men behind him shoving back. The second being a distant "FUCK YOU!" that chases the bullet down the hall a moment later.

"I don't think they're in a talking mood." Jim says, as he walks a few steps forward, taking a low caliber bullet to the left pectoral as he does. "lets see if they're in the mood for dying."
[exo:6+1+1]

Jim raises his hand and suddenly the bullets stop. Grinding rapidly to a halt in mid air just a few feet from him, as though they're striking a wall of invisible gelatin. They hang there for a few moments before he shoves his hand forward a half an inch. A force like a runaway freight train tears down the hall, ripping metal paneling off the wall, reducing the stone behind it to powder and showering the room in sparks as metal smashes against metal and light fixtures are torn open and away. The wall of force slams into the barricade with enough force to shatter every weld that held it together and kill all 12 men behind it with the shockwave alone.

Jim closes his hand and the remains of the barricade, or more accurately the shrapnel of what used to be the barricade, explodes into a ball of white hot flame.

"Negotiations complete." He says before sinking to one knee, grasping in pain at his chest and the brain inside it.

Teams C and D

Feyri raised her shattered shield, while musing that it still has most of its...blocking in effect. The sigil made by the good Brother was still visible among the cracks. Flint did have sense in his words...

"You're right. I shouldn't be acting like this. Sorry."

Using the broken shield as part of a defense, move behind Miyamoto armed with my Gauss Rifle - aiming to disable any figures in the distance as we approach.

-Squad communication-
((Y'know, 10-man squads? :P))
"If anyone has any stun grenades - flashbang or whatnot, please use them now."
Name:Flint - Team C - PD entrance

@Feyri:"Next time I suggest you let the giant armored robot go first, if you want to return to your robot friend in one piece."

Try to open up the barricade while shouting through the speakers:"This is a UWM rescue mission. You have seen our firepower. Fight us and you will die. Surrender and we promise no harm will come to you."

"Well, those guys were idiots and now they are toast. Let's hope anyone left alive in there is smart enough to surrender. Good... whatever it is you did Stacy. And good job team in general. Although it would have been better if those idiots hadn't died."

Team D Leader Faith, Police Station Hall

"...we were supposed to be rescuing them, you know," Faith said, looking at the remnants of the barricade. "Just because they shot at us first didn't mean they wouldn't have wanted to be rescued. They might have just assumed we were here to murder them, like everyone else in here before now."

Advance forward, inspect the wreckage.

"Well that was over fast... Well, there's no point in arguing about what we should have done now, so let's just keep moving. We'll probably find more inside, so keep your guard up."

Head on over to the barricade and inspect the damage. Start clearing a path for the others.

((Oh goody. I quite a bit of stuff to do today, I just didn't realize that stuff involved laying around, being a smart-arse and drinking while watching movies. Thanks peicewise.))

((there was a beautiful post here, almost poetic in it's composition and integrity of action. It involved Sambo wasting copious amounts of laser battery for no reason, but he just missed out. So, this is the redacted version.))

Sambo - Team D - Police Station Entrance.

"Holy shit. Are you ok Feyri?"

Move forward to the barricade, rifle at the ready. Shoot anything that shoots at me, the team, or even anything that looks like it might. If I see anyone not from the HMRC, shoot them.

"Command? Have you had any contact from the coppers down here? Some bastards shot at us, but maybe they're just doing their job. Funnily enough, so are we."
((Bloody amps. >:( They take all the fun out of murderising civilians.

Post later, just checking in right now.))

>Placeholder action: Follow the others, durr. Try not to look too closely at the poor sods suffering their fiery death.

Teams C and D move up toward the barricade, everything quiet as they do. Miyamoto and Lukas lead the way, shielding the others with the bulk of their bodies. When they finally make it to the barricade, it's nearly a quarter mile of a walk, they find nothing much waiting for them but a scrapwork wall of hastily welded metal dressed up with police paraphernalia, most of it melted now. Behind the wall, accessible only by climbing over it, are 9 charred bodies, most carrying what look like gauss pistols or rifles, while one has what appears to be a sniper rifle of sorts, though, judging by the barrel, it fires rounds on par with your own or a bit smaller. Definitely law enforcement, though still obviously designed for dealing with civilians.

Beyond the barricade is another closed door, this one draped in police tape with the phrase "BLUESHIRTS" sprayed across it.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #10029 on: December 01, 2012, 11:43:43 pm »

HOLY-

Remind me never to piss you off, Jim.

Ascertain whether or not we can still proceed to the Government Sector. Run diagnostics on my prosthetic body.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 11:47:59 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #10030 on: December 01, 2012, 11:44:21 pm »

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

As his throat regenerates, Mesk coughs wetly for a few moments before clearing it.
"I was... I was going to say something wry and witty about how they're assholes, but it's ok now.  Thanks Bruce, Jim.  Is... is everyone else ok?  Milno?  ...Jim?"
Run a self-check.  Is my suit ok?

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #10031 on: December 01, 2012, 11:46:26 pm »

"Holyshitnipplestheylooklikefriedbatcrispies. Fuck 'em."

Grab sniper rifle. Look at area around barricade. See where the firers could have come from. Note entrances or any other vantage points. Note them in the sense that I'm taking aim with my laser rifle at them, if there are any of them. See if the guy with the sniper rifle has any more ammo on him. Loot ammo if he does. 

((edit: Ultimate multi-edit combo!!!! Nah, seriously, I'll leave it alone by this point. ))
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 11:55:59 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #10032 on: December 01, 2012, 11:47:57 pm »

"That was hardcore Jim" Turning his attention to Mesk, Bruce asked "You O.k. man you looked pretty fucked up back there."
Get calmed down and sensible.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #10033 on: December 01, 2012, 11:50:03 pm »

"Yeah... yeah, I think I'm ok.  Never had my throat shot out before, so that's interesting.  And I've had my spine shattered so many times I'm practically used to it by now.  I'll just have to walk it off."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10034 on: December 01, 2012, 11:58:49 pm »

"Blueshirts... Sounds like the name of a gang to me... Not a good sign."

Bishop lightly nudged a corpse with his foot and looked back at the door again.

"Well, I guess we should head inside. Big armored guys first and we'll follow sounds like a reasonable plan to me. Watch out for traps and ambushes though."

Get ready to breach, and once we do, stay behind the big armored guys and on alert for traps or ambushes.
Pages: 1 ... 667 668 [669] 670 671 ... 1256