Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Valiant Pretty Princess Soldier RTD [Turn 2: Raaaaaaage]  (Read 17310 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Valiant Pretty Princess Soldier RTD [Turn 1: Horrors Unleashed]
« Reply #90 on: April 11, 2012, 10:01:31 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

He feels a distinct rush of air as the transformation takes over. He looks down. Vaguely, he can hear some sort of thunder in front of him, but he is distracted by the fact that he is very distinctly not wearing the magitech robe he envisioned. In fact, this may be called a skirt. Taking a glance over himself, he is apparently also in an open shirt, arm pearl things, various jewelery, with what appear to be annoyingly uncomfortable boots and a sudden weight on his ears. He briefly recollects that he absolutely detests ear wear as it makes absolutely no sense, and his ears are now apparently pierced.

There's a strange sensation that he doesn't recognize. It may be due to suddenly looking like a transvestite, it may be due to his companion never mentioning this at all, or it may be due to the realization that to use magic he'd have to look like a gigantic poof.

"Gfgt! Ai! Whthe! Buwh! Aiiiaia! *Incoherent screaming*"

It might, he briefly wonders, be the pure manifestation of utter rage.

Force Crush the worms eyes.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Asilidae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 11, 2012, 10:15:19 pm »

Kari flings himself to the left in a long distance back handspring. Upon landing; cocks hips forward, points right arm straight up and crosses left arm across his chest.

"Valiant Pretty Princess Soldier, Pride!"

Kari focuses his thoughts on the torment he suffered at the hands of his peers and the bitter rage that had grown within him. He would show them their place... groveling before his splendor!

"Supremacy!"

-Transforms?

>No more giant penises. We had a sort of Arms Race once when one guy ordered himself a 14inch synth-flesh abomination and the guy after him had to order one that was 15 inches. It kept escalating till someone got their entire lower body replaced with a slithering, naga tail package that they actually got around on.

I had to vent the entire living quarters.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 11, 2012, 10:44:11 pm »

Rodrick looked over his new clothes, even in this bullshit he still looked manly. With a nod he summoned up a blast of pure movation and shot it at the worm.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 11, 2012, 11:54:56 pm »

Lan-...Lumina looked at her clothes, then at her allies, then at her clothes then at the familiars that were scampering away.

And finally at the worm.

She remembers part of her knowledge on annelids, unsure if this would count, due to her many encounters with them in her journys through the world. Mostly underground.

Maybe...if they split up and-...

Run to the side and direct a focused beam of light at the worm's upper segment!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 13, 2012, 10:08:49 pm »

Turn 2: Raaaaaaage

((I'm not sure if I want to draw a fanart group shot of this, or want very much not to. Not that it matters either way, as I can't even draw proper plain clothing. Yet. Nonetheless, your outfit descriptions amused me.
My character's normal outfit is similar to that worn by DarkerDark's elves, because DarkerDark's elves are the best elves.))

Gonna get eaten gonna get eaten gonna get eaten gonna get eaten gonna get eaten [....]

Execute prey response: Run away really fast, retracing my steps towards the last known safe area.
[6+1] vs [6] You immediately dash away from the hungry thing with pointy teeth, moving with blinding speed over the rough terrain.

"Wh- Fif- Starlight Protector!" Clair calls after you, obviously annoyed. You're already gone, though.

[5] You stop to pant and catch your breath. Glancing over at The Sanctum, you're pretty sure you know where you are- and that you're a fair ways from your allies and the horrible toothy worm-thing.

He feels a distinct rush of air as the transformation takes over. He looks down. Vaguely, he can hear some sort of thunder in front of him, but he is distracted by the fact that he is very distinctly not wearing the magitech robe he envisioned. In fact, this may be called a skirt. Taking a glance over himself, he is apparently also in an open shirt, arm pearl things, various jewelery, with what appear to be annoyingly uncomfortable boots and a sudden weight on his ears. He briefly recollects that he absolutely detests ear wear as it makes absolutely no sense, and his ears are now apparently pierced.

There's a strange sensation that he doesn't recognize. It may be due to suddenly looking like a transvestite, it may be due to his companion never mentioning this at all, or it may be due to the realization that to use magic he'd have to look like a gigantic poof.

"Gfgt! Ai! Whthe! Buwh! Aiiiaia! *Incoherent screaming*"

It might, he briefly wonders, be the pure manifestation of utter rage.

Force Crush the worms eyes.
[1+2] vs [2] The worm's thrashing makes it difficult to properly force crush, but you're in no mood to not crush something's eyes. It screeches as a few of its eyes appear to fracture.

[6] vs [3] The worms screeches in anger, and barrels forward alarmingly quickly. One of its mouthparts slices a shallow cut across your shin, before it bodily slams into you, forcing you backwards.

-3 HP
Worm: -1 HP

Lan-...Lumina looked at her clothes, then at her allies, then at her clothes then at the familiars that were scampering away.

And finally at the worm.

She remembers part of her knowledge on annelids, unsure if this would count, due to her many encounters with them in her journys through the world. Mostly underground.

Maybe...if they split up and-...

Run to the side and direct a focused beam of light at the worm's upper segment!
[6+2] vs [1] You dash to the side, focusing a beam of light at the worm. Much to your surprise, it punches clear through, shattering the beast's eyes as it does so.

The worm collapses, and looks for a moment like it might stay that way. Then it rises with an earsplitting shriek that also manages to reverberate in your bones.

[5+3] vs [6] The air shimmers between you and it, vibrating like a disturbed lake as it shoots towards you. You dodge swiftly to the side, but it's not quite enough, and the creature knocks you into a tumbling roll as it passes. It has clearly gone berserk.

-2 HP
Worm: -7 HP
Worm: Phase 2

Rodrick looked over his new clothes, even in this bullshit he still looked manly. With a nod he summoned up a blast of pure movation and shot it at the worm.
((You came after Tiruin because I didn't notice your action at first because it wasn't bolded, if you're curious.))
[5] vs [3] You fire a blast of force at the worm, which takes the hit and keeps on rampaging.

Towards you.

[5+3] vs [2] The beast slams head-on into you, hurling you onto your back several yards away. That thing hits like a truck!

-6 HP
Now Injured
Worm: -2 HP

Everyone but Starlight Protector feels the resonating screeches of the worm in their bones. It's more than just disconcerting, it seems to be actively messing with you, as though you're under constant pressure.

Everyone But The Kobold: -1 HP

Kari flings himself to the left in a long distance back handspring. Upon landing; cocks hips forward, points right arm straight up and crosses left arm across his chest.

"Valiant Pretty Princess Soldier, Pride!"

Kari focuses his thoughts on the torment he suffered at the hands of his peers and the bitter rage that had grown within him. He would show them their place... groveling before his splendor!

"Supremacy!"

-Transforms?
((Yes, but I'm having trouble with several details of your outfit. Plus Gatleos hasn't posted.))

Worm
6/8 HP [Stage 2/2]

Veneficus (demonster)
2/6 HP
Str: *

Starlight Protector (Nirur Torir)
6/6 HP
Ski: *

Ragnarock (mcclay)
5/6 HP [Injured]
Str: *

Lumina (Tiruin)
3/6 HP
Ski: *

Sorry about the delay. And continued delays, in Asilidae's case. And general wonkiness of things.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Valiant Pretty Princess Soldier RTD [Turn 2: Raaaaaaage]
« Reply #95 on: April 13, 2012, 10:14:12 pm »

Veneficus seethed as the worm knocked him around. Target the weak point, his instincts told him. With a grin, he went straight for the weakest point he could think of.

Randomly force crush areas inside the worms head.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 13, 2012, 11:28:07 pm »

Lumina shuddered as she felt the screech of her foe reverberate throughout the place. The sound could be felt as if it was a real entity, toying with her.

But...Kira had said that this was a test. And even if it wasn't, she wouldn't give it up.

"Divide and Conquer, anyone?"

Run off to one side of the worm not flanked by my allies.

If possible, try to leap onto the worm's backside. Or whatever side won't leave me crushed if it tries to roll or writhe in fury.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 14, 2012, 08:08:50 am »

((Yes! My character is the best at running away from giant hungry tutorial monsters!))

It didn't follow me, so I should be safe now ... Wait, no. I was supposed to help against that thing and now it's going to hurt everyone and Clair will hate me because I failed the test and maybe got everyone killed and they're going to hate me if they see me again and everything's going to die because I'm a coward and it wasn't supposed to be like this I was supposed to save the world and why didn't I think about how I'd have to fight and why why why.

Angst.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 14, 2012, 08:48:18 am »

Angst.
((Best action I've ever seen  :P))

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #99 on: April 14, 2012, 12:33:20 pm »

"...what"
The goblin's cigar drops from his mouth, and he catches it between his fingers without looking away from the monster. Without hesitation, he flips over a nearby rock and takes refuge behind a ridge while pulling a small switchblade from his jacket!
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 15, 2012, 09:33:08 pm »

Hello there, pretty princesses. Sorry for my intrusion, but here is something for you:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yes, this is dermonster's character. No, it is not very good because my "good", non-chibi drawings (not really good, but at least better than this) take weeks. Also, I got backtracked a lot this weekend because of a RtD. A lot.
Edit: If dermonster complains about it, I'll draw another one. Non-chibi, but still anime-style, and this time with his back facing towards the viewer, skirt fluttering and panties showing. You got the message.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 09:43:06 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 15, 2012, 09:43:43 pm »

Beautiful. :P

And here I was just looking up dark/clone/corrupted/evil magical girls in an attempt to break past my block on Asilidae's costume. I know what the lower half should look like, but I'm having trouble making the top part accomplish "elegant and prideful" and "slutty because evil" at the same time. :P
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 15, 2012, 09:44:21 pm »

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 15, 2012, 09:45:57 pm »

Beautiful. :P

And here I was just looking up dark/clone/corrupted/evil magical girls in an attempt to break past my block on Asilidae's costume. I know what the lower half should look like, but I'm having trouble making the top part accomplish "elegant and prideful" and "slutty because evil" at the same time. :P
Gown/Ballroom-like dress at the top, showing much more the waist down.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
I'm taking this as a compliment.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 15, 2012, 09:48:45 pm »

Gown/Ballroom-like dress at the top, showing much more the waist down.
Mostly what I was thinking, but not quite slutty enough. And there are, apparently, a surprising number of permutations of "ballroom dress."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8