Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Valiant Pretty Princess Soldier RTD [Turn 2: Raaaaaaage]  (Read 17339 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Valiant Pretty Princess Soldier RTD [Prologue!]
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2012, 05:03:12 am »

You're just not being descriptive enough with your motivation. You're explaining what you want to do, but not really why your character wants it done.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2012, 05:10:43 am »

Faith looked at the dummy. What did she want to do to it? A bunch of hooked and bladed chains wrapping around it and tearing into it might be cool. Focusing on that idea, she turned her concentration onto the dummy.

Faith attempts to tear through the dummy with chains.
"What do you mean, why I want it to happen? I want it to happen because that dummy needs to die and that would look awesome," Faith explained. "I guess it isn't going to work, though. Maybe I should try starting smaller." She had to learn the minimum of what she was capable of before trying to move up to something like that.

Faith attempts to produce a single chain to strike the dummy with.
Faith made a :\ face at Wimbley. "But that is what I want. I'm better than everyone else and I'm going to show them."

*ahem*
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2012, 05:29:00 am »

The top two seem less like a motivation and more like whims, though. I think derm failed an attack for similar reasons.

The bottom one's more like what I'm looking for, but you didn't use it as part of an attack. It doesn't really help if you just explain it afterwards.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2012, 06:03:19 am »

Faith focuses on her motivation and uses it to create a miniature multicolored explosion in front of the dummy.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2012, 06:22:00 am »

Will, Strength...

Now all that was left was Skill. What did Skill mean to her? Climbing up a tree, practicing acrobatics...No, not that much, Lan thought. If something was going to attack her, even after the whole journey, what would she aptly do.

Lan focuses a concentrated attack aimed at the midsection of the lower body of the dummy.

Disabling sounded good.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2012, 02:14:49 pm »

Prologue

Faith focuses on her motivation and uses it to create a miniature multicolored explosion in front of the dummy.
You create a dazzling, rainbow-colored explosion in front of the dummy. It doesn't react, but you assume that if it was real it'd have trouble seeing.

"Yep, that's Will," Wimbley says, sounding bored. "Now you've gotta either try out the other Abilities, or just choose one and go for it all the way. Imagine loved ones in danger or something, give it a descriptive name, feel power welling up inside you, you know. Like if everything you cared about would be ruined if it didn't work."

Will, Strength...

Now all that was left was Skill. What did Skill mean to her? Climbing up a tree, practicing acrobatics...No, not that much, Lan thought. If something was going to attack her, even after the whole journey, what would she aptly do.

Lan focuses a concentrated attack aimed at the midsection of the lower body of the dummy.

Disabling sounded good.
A whitish beam of light rapidly shoots out from your hands, slamming the dummy in what would probably be the gut if it had a proper lower half. It rattles apart.

"Well done. You have shown understanding of the three Abilities.

Now you must choose which among them you will gain true control of first. Your ability to fight will be determined by both the magnitude and type of your Power and Abilities.

To unlock this potential, you must dig to your deepest motivation. This is no mere attack- it will change the very nature of your power, and so must be felt completely, from deep within your heart to far and wide around you. Remember that this is necessary to preserve what you hold dear, and unleash it with a name- something that leaves no doubt, to you at least, as to what you are doing."

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2012, 04:28:51 pm »

Fifrilbus, blushing from Clair's repeated praise, sat down to think. Eventually, she spoke again. "Mr. Eluinire, the swordsmaster, always says it's often better to deflect something and meet at at your own terms, than it is to meet it head on. Would 'deflect evil' work?" She paused momentarily. "When do you think I'll get to watch him dance again?"

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2012, 05:48:11 pm »

Robert  willed his mavation to flow over his hands like gloves. When he thought there was enough he willed thr gloves to come off and attack the dummy.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2012, 10:20:44 pm »

Prologue

Fifrilbus, blushing from Clair's repeated praise, sat down to think. Eventually, she spoke again. "Mr. Eluinire, the swordsmaster, always says it's often better to deflect something and meet at at your own terms, than it is to meet it head on. Would 'deflect evil' work?" She paused momentarily. "When do you think I'll get to watch him dance again?"
"Hmmm. It should really be more personal than that- something that makes sense to you, something that reminds you of what you like, perhaps. If you're concerned about the precise usage, don't be- only the expression of Ability and Power matter.

As for... returning home. Hrmmmm. Crossing worlds is difficult, I'm afraid. It can be arranged, but I suspect you won't be able to see him again for quite some time."

Robert  willed his mavation to flow over his hands like gloves. When he thought there was enough he willed thr gloves to come off and attack the dummy.
Power flows to your hands, but you can't release them as solid gloves. The energy simply blasts off and strikes the dummy.

"Still Strength, Rodrick. It's not the method that matters, it's the result; grabbing an enemy to hold them still would be Will, for instance, while grabbing them to crush them would still be Strength."

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2012, 10:40:02 pm »

Rodrick imagines two hands holding the dummy and then punches it in the face.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2012, 11:44:23 pm »

Lan jumped in joy upon hearing Kira's confirmation. The feeling was very much like her first success at anything, quelling her fear of failure and nervousness of doubt.

The feeling only lasted for a few moments, lingering in her as Kira continued. Lan then nodded in comprehension after the Wolf finished her words. Was this truly a test? A sort of proving ground for her, and most probably the others that she saw earlier?

Unity was her goal. For she did believe that it was only by this way that they could all succeed, guessing form what Kira told her earlier as they were admiring the scenery...Everything worked with everything else, in an intangible harmonious unison. The actions of one would affect another.

Skill would best reflect her belief. But...how?

"Kira, will my action show my belief, or is there another way?"

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2012, 12:36:36 pm »

"What matters most to me..."

Heh, you always were a little confused about the whole emotion thing. Calling up your power was getting easier. What to do with it, you had little ideas. Well, you had a lot, but your ideas seem to not be very compatible. Your family? Very important, the image of losing them just makes you sad and angry, but it doesn't 'click'. Your teammates? Hardly know them. Your powers? Every night when you went to bed, you dreamed of flying. You dreamed of ascending to places where no one else had gone before. You had epic flights of magic, and you dreamed that you would not be forgotten. But this chance, your only chance... gone? An image rises of you, alone. Powerless, and dead, buried where you dropped. A massive chill wells up inside you at the image. No one would remember you. It would be like you had never existed. You would have done nothing of note, and not a single soul would notice your passing.

To never be forgotten. That is your greatest desire. And your power would be the vessel to such a place. If someone were to take it away...

An icy rage overtakes you, and you are barely able to stop from lasing out blindly, directing your attention elsewhere.
"Infinity." You whisper, and unleash the fury.

(Am I doing it right? I really don't like RP segments. It always makes me think about character, and I find I am always either wildly inconsistent, or have a large amount of unnecessary introspective angst and drama. And that's when I can actually understand what I'm supposed to be doing. Which I don't. Am I looking for an attack name? A name I'm going to use for myself? I am assuming its the former, so that's what I went with.)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 12:49:44 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2012, 10:32:46 pm »

Prologue

Rodrick imagines two hands holding the dummy and then punches it in the face.
You punch the dummy in the face, sending the parts flying. Clancey lets out an exasperated sigh.

"Fiiine, we can skip Skill and Will. Let's just focus on solidifying Strength.

Basically, you have to use a really, really powerful attack using it. So... just give it everything you've got, Rodrick. Hold nothing back, and give your attack a name as you do it."

Another dummy slides forth.

Lan jumped in joy upon hearing Kira's confirmation. The feeling was very much like her first success at anything, quelling her fear of failure and nervousness of doubt.

The feeling only lasted for a few moments, lingering in her as Kira continued. Lan then nodded in comprehension after the Wolf finished her words. Was this truly a test? A sort of proving ground for her, and most probably the others that she saw earlier?

Unity was her goal. For she did believe that it was only by this way that they could all succeed, guessing form what Kira told her earlier as they were admiring the scenery...Everything worked with everything else, in an intangible harmonious unison. The actions of one would affect another.

Skill would best reflect her belief. But...how?

"Kira, will my action show my belief, or is there another way?"
"Belief? I'm not sure what you mean. If you're referring to your Power, then yes, your action will help signify that as well.

However, simply by transforming, even this little bit, you've helped master your Power. The action must be channeled through your Power, of course, but it's more to help solidify your Ability.

There are other ways, in either case, but this is probably the easiest."

"What matters most to me..."

Heh, you always were a little confused about the whole emotion thing. Calling up your power was getting easier. What to do with it, you had little ideas. Well, you had a lot, but your ideas seem to not be very compatible. Your family? Very important, the image of losing them just makes you sad and angry, but it doesn't 'click'. Your teammates? Hardly know them. Your powers? Every night when you went to bed, you dreamed of flying. You dreamed of ascending to places where no one else had gone before. You had epic flights of magic, and you dreamed that you would not be forgotten. But this chance, your only chance... gone? An image rises of you, alone. Powerless, and dead, buried where you dropped. A massive chill wells up inside you at the image. No one would remember you. It would be like you had never existed. You would have done nothing of note, and not a single soul would notice your passing.

To never be forgotten. That is your greatest desire. And your power would be the vessel to such a place. If someone were to take it away...

An icy rage overtakes you, and you are barely able to stop from lasing out blindly, directing your attention elsewhere.
"Infinity." You whisper, and unleash the fury.
It works.

The blast is white in its center, with swirling streamers of rainbow lashing out on the sides. It feels less like you're making an attack, however, and more like you've opened a gate- raw, unbridled, uncontrollable power thunders forth, and you feel the deep, raw power of Strength flowing through you. The dummy vanishes completely beneath the light, though you don't think it's been destroyed.

It's a draining experience, and you stagger to your knees once it's done. Which makes a certain amount of sense, given that it didn't really stop so much as run out. Even drained, though, you can feel the power of Strength, much more focused than it was before.

"Exceptionally done- a true merging of Power and Ability. You are, in the strictest sense of the word, ready for battle, though I wouldn't recommend it.

More importantly, while I would not call your transformation "complete," it lacks nothing overt. Congratulations, Valiant Pretty Princess Soldier.

Now we need only improve your abilities a bit further. Technically this could be performed through more lively exercises, but we feel a more realistic demonstration is in order. Your next test will take place within The Maw, albeit against rather pitiful opponents. We will need to wait for the others to complete their tasks, however. Is there anything you wish to know or do in the meantime?"

Spoiler: Derek (dermonster) (click to show/hide)

(Am I doing it right? I really don't like RP segments. It always makes me think about character, and I find I am always either wildly inconsistent, or have a large amount of unnecessary introspective angst and drama. And that's when I can actually understand what I'm supposed to be doing. Which I don't. Am I looking for an attack name? A name I'm going to use for myself? I am assuming its the former, so that's what I went with.)
Evidently! Though describing it in second person is a tad odd for a player; I do it because it's somewhat primarily for the person reading their turn.

As far as inconsistency/drama goes, eh. You'll stabilize eventually, or else just have a rather manic character, and excessive introspection and angst are usually better than nothing at all.

Also, yeah, this RP bit has gone on way too long. I wanted a tad more breathing room and to give everyone a somewhat organic way to figure out what they were doing and how, but it's just been dragging too much.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2012, 11:06:01 pm »

Fifrilbus thought carefully. What was she here for? To protect life. If she didn't get this right ... She wasn't sure what would happen, but it would be bad. She couldn't fail, not here. She wasn't sure she would ever be as strong as her large teammates, and will didn't seem to be as useful. Skill it would be. She thought back to the dreams of a ruined forest. She thought of how her friends and family needed her protection. She thought of how she would use speed and skill to stop the evil, and prepared to combine her Power with Skill.

"PROTECT LIFE!"

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2012, 11:26:21 pm »

"How does this all work, anyway? Does it fit with the laws of physics somewhere, or is it just something else?"
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8