Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Valiant Pretty Princess Soldier RTD [Turn 2: Raaaaaaage]  (Read 17335 times)

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
Re: Valiant Pretty Princess Soldier RTD [Prologue!]
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2012, 05:07:59 pm »

*twitch* *twitch* the sad thing is it fits so well...

Also I'll take a waitlist spot, I'll make the character when the time comes.

Edit: doing it to get it out of the way
Name: Chance Scott
Physical: She is slender, appears to be around 15 and has a set-in-stone emotionless sort of frown at most times.
Mental: Sociopathic and pretty much only cares about her comrades and friends, everyone else is on their own.  Has a small kind side. She tries not to show emotions and is possibly insane.
Bio: Her last family died approximately 50 or so years ago, and has no real attachments that would lead to anyone truely caring about her if she happened to die.
Familiar: I choose Kyubey, A.K.A. this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If you watched the show you know what fun times I will have with this little S.O.B by my side.

If possible I want to pull some of the musket stuff that they pulled in the show if I eventually get out of the waitlist.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 05:41:36 pm by empfan »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2012, 05:51:21 pm »

Prologue

Aren't I doing this to save the world? For mom, for dad, for all my friends, for everybody? Wouldn't that be my power? I think so.
How do I do this? If that thing wants to hurt me, I should be trying to stop it. Maybe I could block it somehow.

Create an energy shield in front of the dummy, then shove the barrier forward to knock it over.
You focus hard, and a shimmering disclike shape of energy appears in front of the dummy, before shooting backwards. The dummy isn't knocked over, but it is propelled to the far end of the room.

"Well done! An excellent use of Strength, as well as your Power. Would you like to experiment some more? It may prove useful to attempt other types of Ability, or perhaps just explore what you can do in general."

The dummy slides back to around 15 feet away.

"Eh, worth a shot, right? Maybe later. Lets try a classic then."

Magic Missile!
Nothing happens. There's a slight twitch, but it's similar to what your fingers might do while attempting to find a muscle that isn't there.

"Tch tch tch. Mindless emulation won't work here; this power is within. Never forget what you are doing and why. Why do you care about the target? Why do you want such an effect? 'Someone told me to and I saw someone do it once' will not suffice.

Think about what you want- what drives you, what you care about. Then think about what you want to accomplish with that strength, and do so."

Rodrick looks at the group of children he would be making not dead. "Hello moertals!" he bellowed "I am Rodrick Jelly, manliest man alive!" He turn back to Clancey "Wprds! Paf, I'll show you words!" Before turning to the training dummy and yelling "HEYOOOOOOOOO!"
"GAH! Focus, Rodrick! You can't go skipping all the steps and solving everything like normal! You've got to focus inwards, first. Think! What's important to you, what drives you, what gives you strength? Then- and this is important- feel the power within you. The new stuff, not your usual strength and resolve. Feel it welling up, and release it with a word that's important to you.

Think of it like triumphantly rising from several hundred pounds of rubble, only you've never done this before."

:P

What do you mean "fits so well" though?

If you watched the show you know what fun times I will have with this little S.O.B by my side.

If possible I want to pull some of the musket stuff that they pulled in the show if I eventually get out of the waitlist.
Not all of it, sadly. Assuming I know what musket stuff you're talking about, that'd probably be a bit weird, but we'll see.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2012, 06:00:08 pm »

"Grr, I care because I want to prove that I can do this! I want it because I've always dreamed of doing something that most other people could not feasibly think of doing! I want to be the encased in history, and never be forgotten! Take this!"

Generate a ball of force around the dummy's head and contract it rapidly.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 06:10:19 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2012, 06:08:24 pm »

Faith looked at the dummy. What did she want to do to it? A bunch of hooked and bladed chains wrapping around it and tearing into it might be cool. Focusing on that idea, she turned her concentration onto the dummy.

Faith attempts to tear through the dummy with chains.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2012, 06:13:41 pm »

((I don't think I want my character hugging Kyubey, but there's not much I can do to stop her from doing so, unless she's already carrying a badger around.))

"I'll try Skill." She looked at the dummy thoughtfully for a few moments.
Create a tiny disk of energy and tap the dummy in the side of the head as quickly as possible.
"Can I knock arrows off-course like that?"

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2012, 06:51:17 pm »

Prologue

Aren't I doing this to save the world? For mom, for dad, for all my friends, for everybody? Wouldn't that be my power? I think so.
How do I do this? If that thing wants to hurt me, I should be trying to stop it. Maybe I could block it somehow.

Create an energy shield in front of the dummy, then shove the barrier forward to knock it over.
You focus hard, and a shimmering disclike shape of energy appears in front of the dummy, before shooting backwards. The dummy isn't knocked over, but it is propelled to the far end of the room.

"Well done! An excellent use of Strength, as well as your Power. Would you like to experiment some more? It may prove useful to attempt other types of Ability, or perhaps just explore what you can do in general."

The dummy slides back to around 15 feet away.

"Eh, worth a shot, right? Maybe later. Lets try a classic then."

Magic Missile!
Nothing happens. There's a slight twitch, but it's similar to what your fingers might do while attempting to find a muscle that isn't there.

"Tch tch tch. Mindless emulation won't work here; this power is within. Never forget what you are doing and why. Why do you care about the target? Why do you want such an effect? 'Someone told me to and I saw someone do it once' will not suffice.

Think about what you want- what drives you, what you care about. Then think about what you want to accomplish with that strength, and do so."

Rodrick looks at the group of children he would be making not dead. "Hello moertals!" he bellowed "I am Rodrick Jelly, manliest man alive!" He turn back to Clancey "Wprds! Paf, I'll show you words!" Before turning to the training dummy and yelling "HEYOOOOOOOOO!"
"GAH! Focus, Rodrick! You can't go skipping all the steps and solving everything like normal! You've got to focus inwards, first. Think! What's important to you, what drives you, what gives you strength? Then- and this is important- feel the power within you. The new stuff, not your usual strength and resolve. Feel it welling up, and release it with a word that's important to you.

Think of it like triumphantly rising from several hundred pounds of rubble, only you've never done this before."

:P

What do you mean "fits so well" though?

Not all of it, sadly. Assuming I know what musket stuff you're talking about, that'd probably be a bit weird, but we'll see.

Question Answer: Mahou Shoujo Snake

Also it is a good show, finish it some time then.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2012, 07:07:05 pm »

Prologue

"Grr, I care because I want to prove that I can do this! I want it because I've always dreamed of doing something that most other people could not feasibly think of doing! I want to be the encased in history, and never be forgotten! Take this!"

Generate a ball of force around the dummy's head and contract it rapidly.
Filled with seething ambition, your power flows exactly as directed, gripping the dummy's helmet with crushing force. You're actually a little surprised that it isn't crushed like a tin can, but it is separated from the body and trembles in your visible power field.

"...hm. Fully destructible targets hadn't actually occurred to us. Perhaps they'd be more handy for certain tasks.

In any case, well done, an excellent application of Strength. You should attempt some further expressions of Power before we move on, however."

Faith looked at the dummy. What did she want to do to it? A bunch of hooked and bladed chains wrapping around it and tearing into it might be cool. Focusing on that idea, she turned her concentration onto the dummy.

Faith attempts to tear through the dummy with chains.
There's... almost the sensation of tiny breezes or ripples of water emanating from you, but no chains emerge to tear your foe asunder.

"Heh, no good. Gotta want it more. Ask yourself why you're doin' that, that's the trick to it. Gotta want it to make it happen, gotta know why you want it to want it. Heheheh."

((I don't think I want my character hugging Kyubey, but there's not much I can do to stop her from doing so, unless she's already carrying a badger around.))

"I'll try Skill." She looked at the dummy thoughtfully for a few moments.
Create a tiny disk of energy and tap the dummy in the side of the head as quickly as possible.
"Can I knock arrows off-course like that?"
Your tiny dart of energy knocks the dummy's helmet off with a plinking sound.

"In theory, yes."

Also it is a good show, finish it some time then.
I fully intend to, I've just got a habit of getting distracted. :-\
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2012, 07:12:10 pm »

"Heh, let's try something first."

Make it impermeable to air and expand the field. Let pressure do my work for me. (I doubt this is actually going to work OOC, but I still want to give it a shot)

Whether that succeeds or fails, Smash it at high speeds into the rest of the dummy.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2012, 07:48:53 pm »

"What do you mean, why I want it to happen? I want it to happen because that dummy needs to die and that would look awesome," Faith explained. "I guess it isn't going to work, though. Maybe I should try starting smaller." She had to learn the minimum of what she was capable of before trying to move up to something like that.

Faith attempts to produce a single chain to strike the dummy with.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2012, 08:01:59 pm »

Prologue

"Heh, let's try something first."

Make it impermeable to air and expand the field. Let pressure do my work for me. (I doubt this is actually going to work OOC, but I still want to give it a shot)

Whether that succeeds or fails, Smash it at high speeds into the rest of the dummy.
You sort of stretch the bubble out, but it doesn't really do anything. You slam the resulting mess back into the body, which sort of crumbles apart to individual pieces. It's not very impressive, though.

"You're trying to be too fancy, rely on too many tricks. Rely on your Power and will instead."

Another dummy slides forward nearby.

"What do you mean, why I want it to happen? I want it to happen because that dummy needs to die and that would look awesome," Faith explained. "I guess it isn't going to work, though. Maybe I should try starting smaller." She had to learn the minimum of what she was capable of before trying to move up to something like that.

Faith attempts to produce a single chain to strike the dummy with.
Even less happens.

"Not good enough. Why you want to be able to do this in the first place? Lookin' cool isn't gonna answer that. It's not the size either- if you don't want it, you don't want it, big or small.

Think about what's important to you. Think about what you want. Then take out the dummy, for that."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2012, 08:14:42 pm »

Faith made a :\ face at Wimbley. "But that is what I want. I'm better than everyone else and I'm going to show them."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2012, 08:30:49 pm »

Prologue

Faith made a :\ face at Wimbley. "But that is what I want. I'm better than everyone else and I'm going to show them."
"Gotta channel that then. Don't just think about doing it and then you'll get what you want, remember that doing it is how you get what you want."

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2012, 08:33:29 pm »

"zWhat do I want, WHAT DO I WANT! I want to be a hero , I want to be a legend, I want to save people IWANT TO BE THE GUY!" Rodrick yells before shouting at the dummy, preparing to knock it back by sheer force!
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2012, 08:35:55 pm »

Derek frons a little. "I suppose I have been making this kinda complicated. Simple it is. Fire should do the trick."

Fire a ball of searing plasma at the dummy.

(Me: Continue to use big words where simpler terms would do just fine.)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2012, 08:41:19 pm »

Faith shrugged. "All right.. I'm pretty sure I have already been visualizing how I want this thing to die..."

Faith punches the dummy, because there's no way that can fail.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8