Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 62

Author Topic: (Old Post-Apocalypse thread).  (Read 217684 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.11] ☢ Post-Apocalypse ☢ (v.1.7)
« Reply #810 on: November 02, 2012, 11:15:15 am »

Yes, thank you :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

asd64026

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I need aiming!
« Reply #811 on: November 02, 2012, 11:47:20 pm »

I want to shot head! Not body :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: November 03, 2012, 08:08:25 pm »

Well, aiming isn't something that's moddable.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: November 04, 2012, 01:48:32 pm »

Oh, you've made a ghoul fortress? Sweet. It's a really nice theme if you have imagination and make some additions. I was thinking about making radioactive rain/clouds into healing material for ghouls, nice idea.

It's quite fun. Actualy, I wondered if you could make a "artifical" glowing one group if you played around with reactions. Like, a good (radioactive) rain comes through, and suddenly you have a group of ghouls that are mildly radioactive and have increased healing proporties for a few days.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: November 07, 2012, 09:33:53 am »

Oh, you've made a ghoul fortress? Sweet. It's a really nice theme if you have imagination and make some additions. I was thinking about making radioactive rain/clouds into healing material for ghouls, nice idea.

It's quite fun. Actualy, I wondered if you could make a "artifical" glowing one group if you played around with reactions. Like, a good (radioactive) rain comes through, and suddenly you have a group of ghouls that are mildly radioactive and have increased healing proporties for a few days.
While at the same time rotting away their skin and causing them to vomit blood :D

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: November 07, 2012, 05:36:23 pm »

While at the same time rotting away their skin and causing them to vomit blood :D

....Lonesome Road: The Fort? The story of a band of ghouls in a irradiated desert that fights intruders simply because of a hate for life itself?

Best friggen idea for a community fort I have heard about in a while. Now, to make a "Wanderer" semimegabeast...
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 05:40:05 pm by Pokon »
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: November 11, 2012, 11:31:47 am »

SO what do I do when I cannot connect to http://dffd.wimbli.com/ to get the file?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: November 11, 2012, 11:40:56 am »

Yeah, it's down, but it will be up soon. I will reupload it to Mediafire for backup then, because I don't have a copy on this PC now.

I will most likely include DFhack and make a nuclear engine using Steam Engine from DFHack thread as a base for the next release.
Too bad not many workshops require power, but you will be able to power your pump stacks and traps by nuclear reactors.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
  • I have no idea what I am doing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: November 13, 2012, 12:51:25 pm »

what?  Power?  When?  Gah! Gimmie!

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #819 on: November 14, 2012, 06:09:40 pm »

You know, I was thinking of doing a basic DF succession game with some friends. Stumbling around the wasteland with no idea how to do anything sounds too hilarious, though.

Looking at the world map, I was thinking; if you cut the world map in the Atlantic and move the pacific to the center, then you can have a land-bridge over the Kamchatka Strait. Then all of the major land masses would be united, and thus likely to have all races present and accessible.

Of course, it might make more sense to use a US-shaped map (fitting for a fallout-flavored game) I saw a world map like that somewhere, I'm going to have to look for that as a basis...

You know, since you can paint evilness and savagery, I might see painting increasing "radiation" levels to match population densities.

Oh, what is that weird central-pacific island chain west of the US?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 01:48:31 pm by PTTG?? »
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: November 15, 2012, 01:43:07 pm »

I think that's Hawaii...just...hugified.

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: November 15, 2012, 01:48:06 pm »

I thought it was Phillippine and Japan running over each other until I noticed the Russian side. The world map snapshot in the OP looks pretty skewed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mu_%28lost_continent%29 maybe? :D

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: November 15, 2012, 04:54:30 pm »

I thought it was Phillippine and Japan running over each other until I noticed the Russian side. The world map snapshot in the OP looks pretty skewed.

Seeing the Mythos monsters in here, I am just going to take a shot in the dark and say that it's R'lyeh.

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: November 15, 2012, 06:26:03 pm »

Seeing the Mythos monsters in here, I am just going to take a shot in the dark and say that it's R'lyeh.

Can't be R'lyeh...that's in the southern Hemisphere...Lovecraft even gave the exact coordinates; 47°9′S 126°43′W.

It really just looks like Hawaii and the Midway Islands blown huge and bled together...but I still like the Mu idea

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: November 16, 2012, 01:39:21 am »

I look at this and say "wtf".

I don't know, probably I screwed up when I hurried to finish the map, and all people were noticing was the wrong shape of Australia before :). I just don't plan to rework the whole map yet.

I've made USA map for the old DF Fallout mod, so it should be possible to port it here if you really want to (with addition of new worldgen options DF now has).

I'm just a bit busy with another project, but I should eventually return and add more worldgen options. It's not that important anyway, because knowing DF you will likely get a freezing Africa and tropical Antarctica. It's just for fun :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 62