Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 62

Author Topic: (Old Post-Apocalypse thread).  (Read 217575 times)

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.10] ☢ Post-Apocalypse ☢ (v.1.65)
« Reply #690 on: June 17, 2012, 08:30:36 am »

You said you were going to add augmentation and implants in the near future, so I took the liberty to writing up some raws and reactions.

Cybernetic Augmentations:Put these reactions into a workshop, and add reaction requirements if you want.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

WCG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • That's interesting...
« Reply #691 on: June 17, 2012, 08:34:36 am »

The slowdown comes from lots of new stuff which happens in the last versions, so it's predictable. Not something I can do about it :(. Slow towns happen because cities have tons of food, items and other things, and the marketplace, OH GOD THE MARKETPLACE.

You got me hooked on Adventure Mode a bit (even though I've still got a fortress to play), so I've been playing DF vanilla for a few days. And I haven't had the slightest problem with a slowdown, not even in the cities, not even at the marketplace.

No, there seems to be something particular to the Post-Apocalypse mod that makes the game unplayably slow for me. I have no idea why that is, but DF vanilla still works fine.

Note that I love the idea behind this mod, and I really hope I'll be able to play it someday. (I haven't tried it in Fortress Mode, because I'm already blogging about my current fortress and I don't want to abandon it.)

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: June 20, 2012, 07:14:23 pm »

Love the mod so far, the atmoshphere of it gives it a great post-apocaliptic feel, but the slow game speed is killing me.  Which seems to be the same problem other people are having. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: June 21, 2012, 01:11:42 am »

Im not having any speed trouble - But i have an amazing computer.
Just... putting that out there.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

antom99

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: June 21, 2012, 01:56:19 pm »

I really like the mod but when i try to play, my vault dwellers move and work REALLY slowly right from the start. I don't think its FPS. Is there any way to fix this or is this intentional?

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
  • I have no idea what I am doing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: June 21, 2012, 04:32:58 pm »

yeah...having a massive computer helps play DF...which is hilarious trying to explain to someone who things graphics=game.  I can run 2 simultaneous instances of Skyrim...but bob help me if I try that with even Vanilla DF, let alone this mod.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: June 22, 2012, 12:05:40 am »

Hey, you know whats more fun when all of your vault dwellers are slaughtered by a raider party?

When you find out you have a single one left who is crippled because of radscorp sting to the spine.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: June 26, 2012, 01:00:44 pm »

How did this thread sink so low? :P

I am learning C# to write a roguelike based on Metro 2033 series, so I am not modding for a while, but it doesn't mean that I don't want people to play my mods ;).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: June 26, 2012, 08:19:46 pm »

Well, gave a go at being a super mutent adventurer. I decided to get two power fists and train my abilites by punching squishy vault dwellers. Now I am going to track down a book to become a cyborg and bascily rampage across the east coast with a army.  :D
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
  • I have no idea what I am doing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: June 27, 2012, 12:30:01 pm »

I've been kinda distracted slapping together garbage mods for other games and trying to get my old laptop to work...I had some stuff I was going to bring up here to see if anyone wanted it ("inertial booster" kits for weapons that change them to a super-dense metal, and a Robotnik-style "cute fuzzy animals to deadly robots" workshop) but I lost the files somewhere between my work computer, laptop, home computer and 4 usb sticks.

Vorbicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: June 27, 2012, 06:07:03 pm »

I have a problem with some pre-war crates. I have an inventor's bench and 3 pre-war crates, but when I select to have them opened, all my guys just sit around.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: June 28, 2012, 12:45:17 am »

yeah...having a massive computer helps play DF...which is hilarious trying to explain to someone who things graphics=game.  I can run 2 simultaneous instances of Skyrim...but bob help me if I try that with even Vanilla DF, let alone this mod.
I had to explain it to someone once. I ended up giving up :)
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: June 28, 2012, 02:47:10 pm »

I have a problem with some pre-war crates. I have an inventor's bench and 3 pre-war crates, but when I select to have them opened, all my guys just sit around.
Did you enable alchemy on them?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Vorbicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: June 28, 2012, 03:33:00 pm »

Did you enable alchemy on them?

Ah, no. Sorry, I'm a moron. Thanks for the help.

Vorbicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: July 01, 2012, 01:50:44 pm »

Is there any way to safely remove viruses from the game? The last two forts I've had with this mod died within the first year due to rotavirus spreading at an insane rate. Incredibly frustrating and unfun.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 62