Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 62

Author Topic: (Old Post-Apocalypse thread).  (Read 217719 times)

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
  • I have no idea what I am doing...
    • View Profile
Re: ☢ Post-Apocalypse ☢ (v.1.2f) :: small graphics patch
« Reply #465 on: April 30, 2012, 11:36:20 am »

could they possibly be in a burrow?  I've had all sorts of problems with burrowed shops refusing to take anything unless it is in a stockpile in the same burrow.  If it is on the ground or in another building...it just ignores it.  Also it does not matter if you have noone assigned to the burrow...or whether or not there is an alert.  Burrows are borked.

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: April 30, 2012, 12:51:59 pm »

Is it possible to use this with Phoebus without a lot of editing?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 12:55:40 pm by Urist McBeanie »

Ivan Issaccs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: April 30, 2012, 12:53:33 pm »

Sorry if these are already answered but what is the purpose of the viruses and is it intended at any point to be able to build your own robots?
I always enjoy getting those immigrants that are like "I can make soap and potash and lye and cheese and-" then I cut them off with a "Hope you like bricks!" as I turn them into a mason.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: April 30, 2012, 01:51:05 pm »

Is it possible to use this with Phoebus without a lot of editing?
Use raw tile editor to edit the plant and mineral tiles. You will have weird-looking workshops though because phoebus does not have reactor, computer, postament and other tiles which I've made for this mod.

It's a normal DF problem. Move them to a stockpile or issue an order through your manager (j-q-m).
What's weird is that I was able to do this before, without making stockpiles.
As I said, it's a DF bug with custom reactions and pathing. It will go away eventually, just use the manager for now.

Sorry if these are already answered but what is the purpose of the viruses and is it intended at any point to be able to build your own robots?
The viruses with weird names (letters and numbers) will provide beneficial mutations to the person who releases them (unless he's from the "immune" caste), the diseases with a name which makes sense are usually bad or plain deadly (brainrot).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: April 30, 2012, 01:53:59 pm »

some viruses have good effects...just have to take the chance...

and can't build creatures from scratch yet...just convert from one type to another.
...OH...MY...BOB!  Robotnic-style!  fuzzy little creature goes in...Mr. Handy comes out!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: ☢ Post-Apocalypse ☢ (v.1.2) :: 29th April Patch
« Reply #470 on: May 01, 2012, 06:49:31 am »

A hint about playing a supermutant: the [evil] tag or something makes everyone, including your home civ, turn onto you.
So you're a supermutant outcast, and "to go adventuring" is against the rules of the Master's Army.
One of Master's army rules is "stand around and look bored." breaking it will be death.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #471 on: May 01, 2012, 07:21:45 am »

Hey Deon, any word on the "less fat on wild carnivorous animals" changes?

This fort fell to 100-strong mutie siege and a happy-go-lucky rotavirus.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Evolved Centaur saliva needs a name fix?
Securitron got sick from rotavirus, I think. "The Securitron feels sick!"

I think muties should not come with hacksaws as weapons, as they are poor weapons compared to a crowbar. Google image search for hacksaw and you'll see.

If someone wants, the siege's combat log is downloadable at http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8967397/Apoc%20100-strong%20siege%20comes%20and%20wins%20-%20combat%20log.txt

(merges own raws to 1.2f...) hey, assault rifle is still less force than rifle.
all descs of vaultizens: "whos survival" -> "whose survival".
Orichalcum reaction should output 3 not 2.

My variant raws: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8967397/Apoc%201.2f%20Gfx%20-%20Tomis%20variant%20raws.zip
And then I'd give [ETHIC:KILL_PLANT:ACCEPTABLE] to Ghouls.
Light blue and blue are way too close, hard to see what is selector in military menus.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 08:25:00 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Slax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: May 01, 2012, 09:09:19 am »

Wish you'd go easier on the Fallout influences, Deon. I'd much rather see some made up stuff. Creatures, robots. Even factions to some degree. Can't do much with reworking vault dwellers, I suppose.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: May 01, 2012, 09:35:29 am »

This is supposted to be a Fallout Mod, Slax.

You might catch some Road Warrior or Book of Eli references (I hope) but other than that really... it's called Post-Apoc but it's really the Fallout mod.

===

Actually, I touched on something there.  You ever looked into game, Wasteland, Deon?  Inspiration for the entire Fallout Universe.  There's some good stuff you might find in there.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 09:40:22 am by Jeoshua »
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Tecknojock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: May 01, 2012, 09:45:59 am »

Ya, we need a small chance to find broken toasters in scrap piles :)

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: May 01, 2012, 11:27:33 am »

like skorpitrons!  (easy add too...just a giant scorpion with robot tissues, and maybe a gun-claw/flamethrower-stinger)

Actually...Deon is closer to Wasteland than Fallout...as fallout has psychic powers and talking plants/animals and ghosts...
and we do have non-fallout stuff...Borderlands Claptraps and Skags, Bladerunner Synthetics, Alien Xenomorphs, and a few others

and really people, Deon will accept new stuff...toss him some ideas (or better...some raws) and he might put it in...

Tecknojock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: May 01, 2012, 11:56:41 am »

I'm stuck at that scorpitron. I can't ever seem to kill that thing.

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: May 01, 2012, 12:35:15 pm »

I'm stuck at that scorpitron. I can't ever seem to kill that thing.

been forever since I played...but I think my solution involved every rocket launcher I could find...

...yep...wasteland wiki suggests rockets, lasers, and anything else you got...from a distance.
http://wasteland.wikia.com/wiki/Scorpitron

so it's a perfect megabeast!

oh man...looking through the wiki...we definitely need carapace coyotes (dog with a shelled back) and desert anglers (probably some kind of sandworm/grabboid)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 12:51:28 pm by JediaKyrol »

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: May 01, 2012, 01:04:01 pm »

Skorpitron has an equivallent in the Fallout Universe, as well, with the RoboScorpions.  Theres a giant one, too, which could very well be about the same thing as a Skorpitron.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: May 01, 2012, 02:01:52 pm »

I've planned to add Skorpitron, but robots are already almost unkillable, so I still decide whether I want it or not.

I plan to add some wasteland creatures to the caves. For example, I've already made Shadowclaw (cloaking deathclaw hybrid, BEWARE) and death angler (a huge worm with even BIGGER teeth which will cut through any armor). Also I plan to add skinks, glowvipers, blind minecrawlers and shaft sliders. The only problem is that I don't know how they look. They all have generic images in the Wasteland game.

So it should end with Fallout critters in the first caves, Wasteland critters in the second caves and DOOM monsters in the third caves and magma sea.

I've also modded in night screamers as boogeymen for the next release.

P.S. People, I've made a mistake. Ants and radroaches have TWO heads. So unless you want to play with brahmin-like insects, open creature_wasteland_insect.txt and remove "BASIC_HEAD" from them ("INSECT" bodypart already has a head).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 62