Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 62

Author Topic: (Old Post-Apocalypse thread).  (Read 217757 times)

Ivan Issaccs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☢ Post-Apocalypse ☢ (v.1.2) :: 29th April Patch
« Reply #450 on: April 29, 2012, 01:34:35 pm »

I'm having trouble downloading the graphical version, trying now with ascii but my attempts have resulted in a filesize of 10.1 mb instead of the indicated 16 and an "unexpected end of archive" error message, not sure what to make of that.
I always enjoy getting those immigrants that are like "I can make soap and potash and lye and cheese and-" then I cut them off with a "Hope you like bricks!" as I turn them into a mason.

magikmw

• Bay Watcher
  • angryface
    • View Profile
    • Blog/links
« Reply #451 on: April 29, 2012, 01:43:06 pm »

Plump's Let's Play

^ Just so you know.
Oh, hai.

Ivan Issaccs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: April 29, 2012, 02:04:47 pm »

Cheers mate, Ill be watching it when I get a chance.
I also got the download to come through eventually so all is well, looking forward to do this if its as good as Deon's LCD mods.
I always enjoy getting those immigrants that are like "I can make soap and potash and lye and cheese and-" then I cut them off with a "Hope you like bricks!" as I turn them into a mason.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: April 29, 2012, 03:13:28 pm »

LCD? You mean LCS? :D

Also I've figured out what was the problem with trained animal graphics, so here's 1.2f (which also fixes reduced shooting strength of assault rifles).

1.2f
- All creatures now should have proper graphics (even in trained state).
- Enclave members now have graphics (as they were supposed to).
- Assault rifle is as good as shooting as a normal rifle (it was worse).

It is save-compatible, just replace your save raws with the ones from this version.

I seriously hope Plumphelmetpunk (aka our beloved Plump) eventually finds it interesting enough to make a full LP out of it, so I could link it in the first post :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Asra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☢ Post-Apocalypse ☢ (v.1.2f) :: small graphics patch
« Reply #454 on: April 29, 2012, 03:44:21 pm »

Looks great, Deon. Been trying out the Genesis mod again and figured I'd give this one a go after seeing Plump using it. The world map looks really amazing and will make it really fun to move around on it and see what the randomness of map generation has done to the place.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: ☢ Post-Apocalypse ☢ (v.1.1) :: 26 april patch
« Reply #455 on: April 29, 2012, 05:13:56 pm »

I will fix the robots, Jedia.

That low chance for crates was Tomi's suggestion, and I went along with it. I think now that so many people complained about that (and I am playing with 10% drop rate myself instead of 4%) I will raise it for the next release. Thank you for the feedback.

About deathclaw swarms etc: do not settle savage areas unless you want to have extreme challenge. Benign/normal areas are much safer.

And yes, I went with a trapper for all scavenging reactions because that skill seemed more or less thematically correct, and also almost never used in the vanilla.
dang going by what was posted looks like chances to getting holotapes is even less.
why not make researching workshops take on the clutter aspect where researching would just be making "percentage" bar fill up until the requirements to go to the next task is complete. example would be a wastelander working on arc generator blueprint takes some scrap and a inventor workshop and make a "start research arc reactor" stone. then the workshop will have an auto reaction set so that if you have one of this type of stone (like some loom effect) the wastelander goes on to work on more "research" stones until he fills up the inventor workshop with 100 or so then you take all those stones and cram them back into blueprints.
I see this as a good alternative than warhammer 40k digging through old lost tech.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Ivan Issaccs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: April 29, 2012, 05:36:15 pm »

LCD? You mean LCS? :D

Also I've figured out what was the problem with trained animal graphics, so here's 1.2f (which also fixes reduced shooting strength of assault rifles).

1.2f
- All creatures now should have proper graphics (even in trained state).
- Enclave members now have graphics (as they were supposed to).
- Assault rifle is as good as shooting as a normal rifle (it was worse).

It is save-compatible, just replace your save raws with the ones from this version.

I seriously hope Plumphelmetpunk (aka our beloved Plump) eventually finds it interesting enough to make a full LP out of it, so I could link it in the first post :).
I did indeed mean LCS, fantastic bit of work there and so far I am enjoying this aswell.

Siraidan9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: April 29, 2012, 06:56:38 pm »

Awesome mod, definitely approve of the music choice. Only minor issue is that either fortress mode runs really slow on my computer (which is to be expected) or the speed of all movement is set... really low.
Slicity, slice, stab, stab, cut, thrust, roundhouse kick, hack

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: April 29, 2012, 07:55:46 pm »

Did you try to use +/- buttons to up your framerate limit?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: April 29, 2012, 08:02:00 pm »

You know what I love about this mod?  Its based on the first two Fallouts.  Nice job again Deon, remember to bug Rev about it ;)

Bodyless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: April 30, 2012, 01:02:51 am »

Plump's Let's Play

^ Just so you know.

A hint about playing a supermutant: the [evil] tag or something makes everyone, including your home civ, turn onto you.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #461 on: April 30, 2012, 07:20:55 am »

A hint about playing a supermutant: the [evil] tag or something makes everyone, including your home civ, turn onto you.
So you're a supermutant outcast, and "to go adventuring" is against the rules of the Master's Army.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: April 30, 2012, 09:00:33 am »

Well my sawmill is full of blocks but
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I can't make furniture at the shop
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
unless I deconstruct the sawmill
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: April 30, 2012, 09:16:44 am »

It's a normal DF problem. Move them to a stockpile or issue an order through your manager (j-q-m).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: April 30, 2012, 10:46:37 am »

It's a normal DF problem. Move them to a stockpile or issue an order through your manager (j-q-m).
What's weird is that I was able to do this before, without making stockpiles.
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 62